Unfortunate Accident But XUV500 Saves the Day..

Im very glad to know all are safe & kudos to mahindra !!!
I would like to know about the damage to the rear of the XUv, if you could post some pics, that ould be great...if you don't mind that is...I ask this becasue the 3rd row is often Susceptible to hits from the rear which compromise safety. In fact this is a huge debate world over regarding which is the safest seat in a car? Have the 3rd row seats been affected?

Now i am thinking did i make a mistake. If i had put 2 lacs more i would have got a bigger car Nissan Sunny with all the safety features like Airbags, ABS etc. It also has central lock and power windows ,armrest,tachometer. A lot more feautures than dezire
Since we will keep car for 15 years i think we missed the trick here. We should have gone with Sunny ....

I feel people looking at Dezire VDI please think seriously about nissan sunny diesel XL and stretch is possible

Dear Chaudhary ji,

Glad to know that your Children are safe.

Its good that they were wearing seat belts.

If seat belts are not used, then most of the times air bag alone cannot protect us.

Most of the drivers out there in our roads lack commonsense and road sense. Now a days it is required that we need to take care about our driving and at the same time be alert about other drivers too.

Now i am thinking did i make a mistake. If i had put 2 lacs more i would have got a bigger car Nissan Sunny with all the safety features like Airbags, ABS etc. It also has central lock and power windows ,armrest,tachometer. A lot more feautures than dezire
Since we will keep car for 15 years i think we missed the trick here. We should have gone with Sunny ....

I feel people looking at Dezire VDI please think seriously about nissan sunny diesel XL and stretch is possible
You should have bought a Dezire ZDI which is only about Rs 80,000 more than VDI Ex show room price. ZDI has all the features you are looking for.

Nissan Sunny is weighing just 12 kg more than Dezire ZDI. This speaks a lot about the sheet thickness of such a big car like Sunny. Also consider that Sunny Engine is heavier. For a comparison, another car with similar size, space and features as Sunny, TATA Manza (Elan) is 118 kg more than Sunny.

@Mahendra:Thank God your children are safe.
Safety is something that must never be compromised.

By the way,your thread has made me more biased towards XUV 500 again.This incident itself is a proof of the safety the car offers that it kept your children completely safe without any injury.

Is your car on loan vaibhav ? If no use it for 3-4 years andg sell of being a dezire you will get good resale and you can upgrade to car with good safety options .

Mahendra- god was with your kids and kept them safe , overall incidents like such makes this more important that Indian govt must make abs and airbags compulsory for every car maker in India rather then making silly rules about sun films .
Btw what is update on your car ?

thankgod they are safe
i also met with an accident on 27 march 2013
i was driving my xuv 500 at the speed of 150KM/H
and my brakes failed and i tried to bang my car in a tree so that my car does not hit any person but unfortunately a santro came in between
and that santro flipped upside down
after banging into santro my xuv hit a tree
airbags saved me they are very helpful but brakes were unlucky for me
luckily non of us got hurt not even the santro boys dint get hurt
this incident happened near my society so known people were there to help me :D

thankgod they are safe
and my brakes failed and i tried to bang my car in a tree so that my car does not hit any person but unfortunately a santro came in between
Glad to know you were not hurt.

More importantly, why did the brakes fail in the first place?

Its good that the occupants were wearing seatbelts & also hats off to the risk they took to avoid hurting someone on a bicycle.

A guy on a bicycle wont even scratch such a big car & we all know how many hit & runs happen on a day-to-day basis on our roads. Proven once again - not all SUV's are rashly driven (as the Janata thinks). There are enough disciplined owners around us.

Please ensure that they do not avoid driving cars for next few days, as the confidence level would have taken a hit by this incident. A round of claps for considering another car with safety features first in the list.

thankgod they are safe
First of all Hello and welcome to The Automotive India and thank god that everyone was safe after a 2 ton beast was on a roll at 150 kmph without brakes.

Now coming back to the car itself, what did the A.S.S have to say for such a big blunder?
How much did it hurt your pocket ?
Do you have any pics of the incident?
What Brake pads did your XUV had at the time of accident and when did you buy your XUV?

Last edited:
Good to hear that your kids are safe, also wearing seat belts which is of priority along with the built quality and safety features mahindra Xuv equipped with, which makes us believe in the product and the manufacturing company more after such incidents.
Huzaifa, glad your are safe with such accident where brakes failed, any details from the service centre why did the brakes failed on the first place?
Second you said the incident took place near your society, isnt that too high speed to drive in city limits?

Happy to hear that your kids are safe.

@Vaibhav
You might have been talking about LDI version. VDI got all the feature except Airbags,ABS and Armrest. (no safety features)

According to me, all vehicle should have ABS/Airbags/ Side mirrors/Full insurance as long the vehicles are on road.

Top Bottom