Unfair Disclaimers in Car Designing Contests?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
I recently came to know that a car design contest is going around, and was quite curios to check more about it, It looked to be interesting but while going through their legal disclaimer, there was clearly stated that “Once submitted, All designs become our property and can be used or distributed as per our discretion”, which of course means that those hard worked designs can be used by the organizers / company any where as they wish to, without due credits to actual creator, regardless it wins the prize or not.

I’d prefer not to reveal the name for certain reasons. Also, this is not the first time I’m noticing such T&C in a car designing contest but what the question arises -: Is this actually fair enough?

Drive Safe,
350Z

It is unfortunate too,
In many contests for magazine articles, the same line " articles submitted become property of the publisher". Even in the Toyota design contest for kids - 2005, it was the same.

fully agree..they have no right to take any ones property like this. people will send designs by doing their best sketching and even if they dont get selected..they will take their sketches. it may also happen that they mix match some designs and develop their own new car from it!! [anger]

AMG

Suspended
Well they cant do that.

Have they ever heard of IPRs?

Acc. to the law, you are authorized to use only those designs for which you have given some monetary payment.

So IMO, only the winner becomes the property.

Top Bottom