Under Dashboard Lighting

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi deville_56,

You are right. Led strip is hassle free. But It looks like the price is little bit on higher side. Today I found the same in ebay for Rs.99. Need some clarrification from the seller. Once i got it I will buy it.

As Mr. Elavu said, I think it might be risky for others. so I will go to my mechanic [ electrical ] and ask him to fix it.

Sethu
ebay is costly, but its very cheap in electronics shop.

I have not checked with Electronic shop. Let me check with them by today.

as of now the eBay is chepest amoung the two sources I have inquired.

Let me see.

thank you for the input.

Sethu

hey eluvu for connecting the leds a resistor must be use to control the voltage.

the box used above may prone to squeaks & would be irritating in longer run.
how about attaching the board with a double sided tape to the below of the dash, without any box

Attachments

Last edited:
LED would be 3V each. So you can connect 4 LEDs in series which needs 12V.
Car battery would be 12V. So, you dont need any resistor buddy.

And yes, you can use it without box. Thats good idea.

deville_56

Honoured Member
LED would be 3V each. So you can connect 4 LEDs in series which needs 12V.
Car battery would be 12V. So, you dont need any resistor buddy.

And yes, you can use it without box. Thats good idea.
There should be resistor. Its not always 12V. When charging it can go up to 14-15V and when battery is too low alternator will pump in upto 18-19 V.

deville_56

Honoured Member
It should be 4 LEDs (3 in case of white LED) in series and a 100ohm resistor. 3V voltage drop across all LEDs (almost 2.4V). Resistor is for current limiting. Resistor got good role, not show :D

Hi

Yesterday I have ordered 2 strips of RED Led on ebay. I will be getting it by tommorow. May one evening this week I will fix it.

Sethu

Ok, i got a doubt now. Does the LED strips have any resistance?
They typically use 12V LEDs i guess. Or is there any other protective measure for the strips against high voltage?

i do not know. but it looks like something should be there when i see the picture. Pls find the marked area

Sethu
Hey its not the resistor,I think.Its the place where the wires are soldered.See this image,I think this should be the resistor.I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

aad.jpg

Friends,

Yesterday I have received two pairs of LED strips. I think I will go for fitting it by tomorow or day after.

I have one clarification. we where talking about long leg, short leg and long leg to be connected to positive and short leg to be connected to ground and all. the LED strip I have got has no indication for +ive or -ive.

Will it create any problem when it is connected ?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Friends,

Yesterday I have received two pairs of LED strips. I think I will go for fitting it by tomorow or day after.

I have one clarification. we where talking about long leg, short leg and long leg to be connected to positive and short leg to be connected to ground and all. the LED strip I have got has no indication for +ive or -ive.

Will it create any problem when it is connected ?
Post the snap of the strip. Is there wire or is it to be soldered???

Top Bottom