Under Dashboard Lighting

Friends,

Yesterday I have received two pairs of LED strips. I think I will go for fitting it by tomorow or day after.

I have one clarification. we where talking about long leg, short leg and long leg to be connected to positive and short leg to be connected to ground and all. the LED strip I have got has no indication for +ive or -ive.

Will it create any problem when it is connected ?
Usually u wil have two wires given white and black, white for +ve, black for -ve.
If this is not thr, just connect them n check, if it doesn't glow just connect it to the opposite side, then it will work..

One more suggestion, before sticking them add some adhesive(gum) as the sticker provided with the strips are weak..

Last edited:
Post the snap of the strip. Is there wire or is it to be soldered???
Ya wire are there.

Usually u wil have two wires given white and black, white for +ve, black for -ve.
If this is not thr, just connect them n check, if it doesn't glow just connect it to the opposite side, then it will work..
I was thinking the same. But got worried that it should n't get konked. cos of wrong connection.

One more suggestion, before sticking them add some adhesive(gum) as the sticker provided with the strips are weak..
Ya I have alread noticed it. Just now removed the orginal strip and fixed the double sided sticker. Hope that will be strong.

Sorry guys, I went to the shop ysterday but before that the guy was ready to close his shop after Friday pooja. I could n't do anything. Today and tommorow I will be busy at office. On monday I will finish it and post pics.

vikram

Suspended
Under-Dashboard Lighting (How is it done)

Though there is already a good thread on this topic by Italian Raider, I thought of starting a new thread because of various reasons. Is this really necessary? Are there After-Market Under-Dashboard lighting Body Kits available (in India) by brands such as Philips and OSRAM ? This is because, adding a after-market kit by a brand will be much neater and the job will be better than customizing your car and adding LED strips( however neat u may do ur job !). Well, in my opinion, it is not "necessary" bu on the other hand very very "convenient". Example - If u drop a key, if u drop some money, if u drop a piece of paper, these things are not clearly visible at night with the map-reading lights.[:)] Some vehicles in the market also give under-dashboard lighting as OEM. Most popular being Mitsubishi Outlander (Limited Edition).

Now, my question (rather topic set for discussion) is are there aftermarket under-dashboard lighting kits available in India? If yes, which brands ? Are they widely used? Or most of the cars we see with under-dashboard lighting have self-made LED strips ?

Re: Under-Dashboard Lighting (How is it done)

I don't know about the after-market branded kits available.

But coming to its necessity , is it REALLY necessary? I would say no. Yes it is helpful if you drop something down but most of us are having mobile phones , light from the mobile itself will be sufficient enough to search the thing we dropped. I never felt the need of under dashboard lighting till now. Most people i feel do it for show-off rather than necessity.

vikram

Suspended

As i said, it is not a necessity but a thing of convenience. [thumbsup] and yes, i agree with u, can be seen on heavily modded cars, mostly.

I have LED strips under the dashboard, under the front seats for the rear passengers, underneath all the doors (that acts like puddle lamps, and in the boot along with the OEM light.

Really works good in dark. Cost 1200 rs inclusive of labour.

vikram

Suspended

which car ? your arrangement sound good bro ! but as far as convenience goes, i think just two strips under the dashboard will be good enough ( as my car is owner driven, i drive it my self all the time), where did u buy the LED strips ? how did u fix them ? did u have to cut and drill the dashboard ?

@ Vikram He owns a Manza , you can check his ownership review for detailed information and pictures.

vikram

Suspended

Top Bottom