Under Car Neon Lights

thanks surender. i'll be starting a new thread regaring my DIY. please go through that thread and suggest. and surender, can you please take some pics of the interior led's and also the switch used and post it here so that it'll be helpful for me?

Interior LEDs

1)The LEDs are arranged in a strip on any flat board/license plate/foam plate.
2)The LEDs are inter-connected using wires,resistance and soldering work.
3)Then,connect the end of the strip to a battery and check for uniform glow on all LEDS.Fix the strip to any part of the car and make a connection from the battery.
4)These are pics of my car's interior LEDS and exterior neons combination.
And,I have changed my car's interior LEDs from the previous ones.
I will take a better photo of my car's interiors this week,including my rear LEDs too.

Attachments

Leds has life , than the neon tube.
but fixing it outside need lot of caution, they need to be fixed so linear or else the spot will not be linear in case of DIY.

else led strips are avail , they are easy to fix.

led strip is sold at rate of 3500 , 4 pieces , korean model at my uncle's accesory shop!

And in this thread the earlier post , there was query on drilling holes.

Surendars car has lot of it. yeah everything is drilled in that .

The thing is after drilling , you need to apply some primer thing in that hole and then screw up. else that hole may be the cause of rust start. But it may not be the major reason for rust start , Just a preventive measure. also the screw that you use must be good quality , else that may start the rust and spread across.
And for all of your information , Surendars verna didnt take this preventive measure.

The leds inside the cabin in his verna makes the feet some what warm , this is the report from the electrician who fixed it. is that so surendar?

I was there when it was being fixed and didnt witness the glow.
till now i havent seen the car [lol]

Please give me tomorrows day i will post the Plasma LED's i just delievered 1 kit with wireless controller that has 84 patterns,its the first time i will be trying out something like this soo wait for the video ;)

Ilango,the neons that I have have more life than LEDs.My brother had same neon tubes(red color) in his accent,it is still in the car after 5 long years.Only once,the wiring got loose connection and the tubes are in a perfect shape and glow.
The LEDs produce heat when they are switched on for an hour or so.You wil feel that heat only if your legs are bare(with shorts).
BTW,only my tube neons in the sides are fixed with tags and to get the wire to the battery,a small hole of around 1 cm diameter was drilled.
IMO,a small hole doesn't make cause rust,as the floor has a mat like thing attched on the car's floor.
The other tube neons are held by a tag with proper support to the car.It will never come out of its place.
Ilango,I am busy with my duty nowadays,three night duties today,friday and sunday.
So,we will meet after that.

Last edited:

Top Bottom