Under Car Neon Lights

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys,

One of my friend told me that he inquired about the under car neon lights & the guy told him that the he will need to DRILL small HOLES to put up the Neons.

Where as i had heard that they are stuck with some glue like solution.

Does anyone know how the Neons area actually installed ? [confused]

napster

Suspended
They have to drill holes so that the neons can be fixed..They drilled holes on my ride too when i got my neons installd, Same thing for my friend too and I guess its the same with every car [:D].
Never heard of sticking neons as they don't really stick well because of their weight.

Thread Starter #4
Ohh, So do they use the normal screws ?

Do the screws hold on well with the bumps ?

So drilling a hole in car is OK?? It wont affect the body life?
Exactly.Like if the water passes through the holes & hangs up there . . wont it cause Rusting ?

Last edited:
Screws do well with the bumps. I had it on my car for 4 years without any problem. But yes the hole gets prone to dust accumulation which in turn settles there if your car stays in extremely dusty conditions like mine.

Thread Starter #6
Screws do well with the bumps. I had it on my car for 4 years without any problem. But yes the hole gets prone to dust accumulation which in turn settles there if your car stays in extremely dusty conditions like mine.
Ok. Thanks [:)]

napster

Suspended
Not really, The are very small holes which you can hardly notice.

They hold well no matter how you drive and where you drive, Even if something hit your neons, The tube breaks but these screws will hold the tube well.

Thread Starter #8
They hold well no matter how you drive and where you drive, Even if something hit your neons, The tube breaks but these screws will hold the tube well.
:lol!:

The Neons i had seen here had a semi round kind of protective plastic cover to protect the Neon tube.

You have the same on your car ?

Thread Starter #10
Well okay now how much do these cost?? Does the cost vary depending on the colour??
The Branded ones cost around 4K.
No,the cost does not vary depending on the color.

I had even heard about Multi colored Neon/LED Lights.
There are around 6,7 colors & we can change the color with a small remote,these cost 6K.

napster

Suspended
6k is a decent price for a multi colored LED tube. Make you get a branded one else the other local neons tend to break very fast. The shell which actually protects the tube turns white and the brightness of the tube will be reduced so i suggest go for the branded ones though they are a bit expensive.
Note : Get used to driving dead slow on bumps, speed breakers, etc if you plan to get underbody neons. I drove like a maniac when i got my neons and the result was a broken neon :(

350Z

Core Team
Never heard of sticking neons as they don't really stick well because of their weight.
I've heard of some Neon Tubes which stick under body of vehicle, Also some about un-breakable ones as well.

As already mentioned by napster, This doesn't affects body life as the screws are tiny.

Mostly they do but you should take care while getting them installed on your car. This fitting and electrical work should be done by experienced installers.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom