Unconventional Highway Signaling in India

Thread Starter #16
I cannot agree to this.Sorry for that.On Bangalore Mysore highway, on the NICE road, you can see crawling trucks on both lanes .Now which side should we use to overtake? Whatever is left !!! [frustration]
Problem with expressway/highway is two wheelers. They use leftmost lane. It becomes difficult to drive in left lane due to that. That is why slow moving heavy vehicle uses right most lane for peace of mind. We have to understand that it is difficult for heavily loaded truck to do quick lane change to overtake two wheelers. It has become almost standard now to overtake from left.

Poor or no service roads for two wheelers is the main culprit.

3. Slow moving cars, sometimes keep left (sometimes right) rear side indicator indicate "Overtake me".
This is the worst thing I am scared off and never make a move based on this. Sometimes it could be a genuine lane change indication.

One other irritating signal is using hazard lights (both indicators flashing) to indicate driving straight in a 4-way junction. Most people think this is an official rule [frustration]

This is the worst thing I am scared off and never make a move based on this. Sometimes it could be a genuine lane change indication.

One other irritating signal is using hazard lights (both indicators flashing) to indicate driving straight in a 4-way junction. Most people think this is an official rule [frustration]
Agreed to your first point.

But never seen anybody driving with hazard lights except in fog or heavy rain.

This is what i am talking about . People use Hazard Light in tunnel and overtake the other vehicle .
Please see the video , Red i20 change the lane . How can other vehicle behind him known that ??

this is very common in Pune-Mumbai express way .
Thank God !! The vehicle which was overtaken did not changed its lane, as both these cars were running with their Hazards On. A very hazardous situation indeed !!

As someone said before,

Indicators on your car are for you to say the fellow road users of your intentions. Not to tell others what to do.

So if you want the car behind you to overtake you, just dont do anything. He will overtake you nevertheless, if hez faster than you. If you are hell bent on letting him know that you want him to overtake you, just turn on the left indicator. Atleast it will mean that you'll go left and the right lane is free for him.

Never do a right indicator for people behind you to overtake. It'll end up in a massive confusion.

Also, why hazard lights when driving? Just cant get the logic behind it. In low visibility, its more confusing as you are caught in two minds as in whether the car is stationary or moving.

Please stop these practices.

How can you miss a new invention by some people.

They will Flash the Hazards when approaching a Cross Road. Why? They want to Indicate that they will be going straight through the cross road. [surprise]

Why can't they understand that if you are not giving any turn indication then surely you are going straight. Goes beyond my level of Understanding [confused]

How can you miss a new invention by some people.

They will Flash the Hazards when approaching a Cross Road. Why? They want to Indicate that they will be going straight through the cross road. [surprise]

Why can't they understand that if you are not giving any turn indication then surely you are going straight. Goes beyond my level of Understanding [confused]
I think this is because they want to indicate that they want to cross first and if someone is trying to cross road please wait. but nobody listens.[frustration]
Generally they flash if they are coming fast. This is my observation, may be i am wrong.

I can understand flashing the headlights to indicate let me pass first. But flashing Hazards!

Is it like I am going left as well as right, so effectively I am going straight. [glasses]

Top Bottom