Ugly Face of KSM Motors (Volkswagen): Damages a Client’s Jetta on Joyride

Re: Ugly Face of Volkswagen India !

Agreed

Yes, same legal response from a reputed company as the manufacturer, in terms of thier "Customer care" and to have customer loyalty[:)]

Other than this Yes, it is the sole responsibility of KSM !!

Going by law will not win the hearts of customers, a sale is not always made legally but with reputation of company, its customer centric thinking !!

If the problem is not in legally in their territory they just cannot wash of their hands say that go and die with the dealer. I can just manufacture and beyond that I don't have control. simple example to you : though we are manufacturers of the product having channel partners, but we do lot of things beyond this legality keeping the customers in mind as our products are bought by customers thru' a channel looking at our reputation

This is only my personal view and explanation and no offence on your views
Darling you are talking moral stuff here . What must be done morally real life dosent allways function in moral way atleast in India so we have scams .
VW has a chance in this case to show its consumer friendly attitude as a " good will gesture only " if they do it or not is yet to be seen which in all possibilities they must do
Til, then the thread title is misleading .

Darling you are talking moral stuff here . What must be done morally real life dosent allways function in moral way atleast in India so we have scams .
VW has a chance in this case to show its consumer friendly attitude as a " good will gesture only " if they do it or not is yet to be seen which in all possibilities they must do
Thank you Raja that you have agreed something drives India morally, its sales, its people, its customers everything here is emotional, moral, care and loyalty !!

Any way I wish that person gets justice from the dealer and a gesture from VW[clap]

I agree to you on the changing the name of the thread

+1 Raja.
If a complaint is found genuine and if a company is not acting on the same to protect the interests of the customers that company won't survive longer because we live in a society were the customer is the 'king'.
Only an opportunity and the reaction would show how someone would behave in a situation. Let us wait and see how the case it turning out to be. Until then I think that the title "Ugly Face of.." is misleading.

Last edited:

The tittle for the thread must be .

" VW dealer KSM new Mumbai's ugly face and VW not responding yet "

350Z

Core Team
Re: KSM Motors (Volkswagen) Damages a Client’s Jetta on Joyride

The official letter states that VW India is unable to do anything as we will not accept any of their 'offers' (read insurance fraud, filing of a false police complaint and a fake First Information Report - all serious criminal offences under the Indian Penal Code).
It’s disheartening to read such stories of a so-called premium manufacturer like Volkswagen, of late (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...en-jetta-stock-alloy-wheels-poor-quality.html). The biggest concern of all is that there is no serious intervention from VW until now. This matter can indeed affect their image to a considerable extent if stretched for too long.

18th August – after various discussions over phone and email, we were given an estimate of INR 42,700 for the servicing and same was approved by us over email. We were informed that the car would be ready to be collected on 20th August by 6 pm
The bill of Rs.42,000+ for a regular service itself sounds suspicious and should have served as a first alarm call to the author. Apparently, it seems that dealer was trying to adjust some of the amount of repair in the bill itself and deliver the car four days later but it didn’t work out considering the immense damage this car has suffered. I hope the actual author joins us to shed more light on this issue. Bottomline is, Volkswagen or not – Please prefer getting the car serviced under your own presence (or someone reliable) and be vigilant enough. In case the car has to be left at workshop for a few days, don't be afraid to make surprise visits even if the service advisor assures multiple times on phone that all is going well. From my experience, most of the aftersales workshops are alike, be it Maruti or Ford. Ultimately, it is the owner who has spent lakhs on their valuable asset and must remain cautious throughout. I’m speaking in general context and not specific to this case.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: KSM Motors (Volkswagen) Damages a Client’s Jetta on Joyride

It is really sad to read the story of the guy and his experience with VW dealer. I already read this one other forums as well. I think the people working at dealers usually take our cars for their joy rides. Last time I gave my car for service and repair work I got my car after 10 odd days and driven 60 KM more than what it was before I gave them. [anger]

Thread Starter #22

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151040563271993.417089.501296992&type=3
This is orginal attachment of the article in FB
i hope providing this detail dont affect the forum rules
the owner is also thinkung it can also called a body roll
there were 3-4 different people who posted this in 3 other communities and i also sent the owner the link to this thread and asked him if he could join to keep us updated.

Guys it's not VW persay it's the dealer there is a difference in this please understand . The tittle must be revised by mods .
yeah i agree but he also contacted customer care and status said " normal maintenance" even on telling about the accident they didn't do anything but yeah new title justifies what happened.

The bill of Rs.42,000+ for a regular service itself sounds suspicious .................
i too was shocked to see 42000+ bill but another member's polo service costed 11000 so i think 42000 is normal for jetta.

i give my car to only one adviser and he knows me very well and he calls me and in front of me change all the parts that are needed to be changed.

and +1 to that surprise visit. most people including me just call on phone and this one time i gave the car for insurance and found out some 5 liters petrol was used , the workers kept the car on and were using AC.

Going by the Entire case History, This damaged car be repaired by the Delaer at his cost, Could anyone tell me the name of the Insurance co.

Adding to Vibhor's suggestions, I always ensure to remove the HU of my car, as I have seen people at workshop enjoying the music, press this and that and change complete settings and also seen one of the stereo in my friends got spoiled after it came back from service.

And case of regular general service, I always ensure that it is given first in the morning and keep following up the the SA for its status once or twice and get my car back as quickly as back personally though they tell me that they will drop my car at my place, it is always better to go there a hour before and check everything then and there it self and bring it back[:)]

This is shame on KSM motors. Volkswagen is also responsible to take the case slowly and not respond in favor of the customer. I hope Volkswagen resolves this issue soon.

BTW, I have already heard a few complaints of KSM motors and is known to be notorious, none of their customers is happy from their attitude.

Re: Ugly Face of KSM Motors (Volkswagen): Damages a Client’s Jetta on Joyride

What has happened to Volkswagen. Why they are playing with Indian Customers[confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what ,maybe trying to be too aggressive.

I was told an year Back when they called me over Phone that,
" Volkswagen is best car in the world and they are going to Bring 3 star service center in my hometown", I thought in awe and asked what does those 3 stars mean for which he replied "all the customer shall receive VIP treatments in Service center and lounge. and If I book the car now I will get some special offers for limited period." ( because it was an anonymous call and I never approached them I told the guy that I don't have a car and looking for a hatchback)

Its been more than an a year but I did not find even a 1 star service center yet in my town .

Hi Guys,

Ah, I thought I felt my ears burning. So many people calling out my name.

First of all, thanks to the person who posted this here and helped spread the message and also to Raj Rocky for telling me about this post. Like I said in my initial message on Facebook, I hope to make as many people aware as possible so that they too are not mislead and blindly trust the German quality behind the name.

I can see a common point raised by a few people here about VW not being liable in this case. I noticed that the moderator or the original poster has since renamed the post in line with the concern that people had raised. I would just like to share my two cents on the matter, something I did earlier this evening on FB as well as I saw similar points being raised in a different forum as well.

I know some folks have been debating if VW has any liability in such a case as an authorized dealer is an independent contractor and not, say, a subsidiary of Volkswagen India. Full disclosure, I am NOT a lawyer so this is more of my personal understanding from what little I have read up on the subject as part of various study courses during Engineering and MBA. Also, I will submit that Wikipedia is not THE authority on legal matters, but since this is not a court house, I figured the simple manner in which Wikipedia puts the whole thing across will make for light reading for all who may be interested. Indian Contract Act 1872 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So based on my layman's understanding of the law my PERSONAL opinion is that the principal (Volkswagen) has clear liability of all actions performed by its agent (where such actions arise out of the discharge of duties contained in the agency contract or agreement governing the relationship). Volkswagen India is thus completely liable for this as far as liability towards a third party is concerned.

Also, as per my understanding, the principal MAYBE able to avoid liability if it is able to prove that the agent acted contrary to explicit instructions given by the principal, where such actions were not in the best interest of the principal.

So my posts are based on my understanding of the law and not purely on morals. However, my personal morals may not necessarily be the same as others on this post just like my opinions may not be in line with theirs. So I do think there is moral and ethical wrong doing on the part of both KSM Motors and Volkswagen as Principal and silent spectator on the matter. This is over and above the legal repercussions of their actions, in-actions, lies and filing of a false police complaint. And personally, I would fight as long as I can on moral and ethical grounds, just as strongly as I would fight on legal grounds.

Thanks everyone for their support, and irrespective of what the outcome maybe, I would urge you all to spread the word as I do not want anyone else to suffer like I have.

Regards,
Vineet Sharma

Hello vineet sharma sir
I dont know what to tell that welcome you or to talk about the incident.
So first i welcome you to TAI
Iam Raj@ Raj Rocky
My question
Did you find out about the FIR filed?
Where did they take your car?
How many of them went?
What happend to them?
What happend to them?
What is the comprmise they are coming?
REGARDS
RAJ

Thread Starter #30

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thanks for joining the community vineet and providing your views to help us understand better. I'm sure you'll find some positive solutions here.

Top Bottom