Tyres Upgrade For Maruti Celerio

Thread Starter #1
Hi

I currently have 165/70-R14 MRF ZVTV tires on my Celerio ZXI AMT and they have covered 33,000 km. Recently I found out that they are losing shape and would flatten in 2-3000km.
I am planning for a size upgrade and preferred brand is Yokohama Earth 1.
My query is whether I should go for 175/70-R14 or 185/65-R14.
My friend suggests 185 but I don’t want steering to become too heavy as my father would start using it shortly.

185/65 R14 are better choice. It won't make the steering response much heavy but the overall highway manners of the car will improve. Also take into account, the ground clearance difference.

Hi

I currently have 165/70-R14 MRF ZVTV tires on my Celerio ZXI AMT and they have covered 33,000 km. Recently I found out that they are losing shape and would flatten in 2-3000km.
I am planning for a size upgrade and preferred brand is Yokohama Earth 1.
My query is whether I should go for 175/70-R14 or 185/65-R14.
My friend suggests 185 but I don’t want steering to become too heavy as my father would start using it shortly.
It wont hamper the driving dynamics of the car. If you ask someone to judge, it will go unnoticeable.

The advantage you will get is better grip. GC will increase not more than 5mm which is also not noticeable.

But I would suggest to go for Michelin Energy XM2 for 185/65R14. It has better tyre compound.

Thread Starter #4
185/65 R14 are better choice. It won't make the steering response much heavy but the overall highway manners of the car will improve. Also take into account, the ground clearance difference.
thanks a lot for the advise, will try out 185 section then

It wont hamper the driving dynamics of the car. If you ask someone to judge, it will go unnoticeable.

The advantage you will get is better grip. GC will increase not more than 5mm which is also not noticeable.

But I would suggest to go for Michelin Energy XM2 for 185/65R14. It has better tyre compound.
From my research, I found Michelins to have poor sidewall compared to Yokohamas. That's why I removed them from consideration. Is that incorrect?

Last edited by a moderator:
From my research, I found Michelins to have poor sidewall compared to Yokohamas. That's why I removed them from consideration. Is that incorrect?
If you compare Yoko's with Michelin's, the compounds are similar so durability is also same. One of my relative have 7 vehicles where each runs around 60000 kms in year. All of those cars uses Michelin, and they believe the tyre is really good for INDIAN roads.

Top Bottom