Tyres Upgrade for Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDI Sportz

Thread Starter #1
As I was going through Hyundai i20 (1.2P, 1.4D & 1.4 AT): Official Review in one of links searched from google. I found one of the member has mentioned upgrading the OEM tyres of 1.4 Crdi Asta to 195/60 R14 Michelin. There were some pictures, not close one’s tough which he has posted and it looks good to me.Can I know if this is a right upgrade, as side profile is basically coming down?

If anyone knows which is the best upgrade for i20, without changing the original 14inch rims- Can you share the details.

Thank you very much

Without changing the rims, 195/60/R14 would be appropriate
But if you are willing to change the rims to 15", then go for 205/55/R15 low profile tyres which will give you more grip

@Rajesh,

I feel the stock tyre size is good enough for I20 !! why there is a need for upsize. If you do not like the tyre brand, then you can always change them with a good branch which you like.[:)]

Rajesh,
Even I feel that the stock tyres of i20 Asta CRDi are perfect size. Any particular reason you are looking for upgrade? or its just for looks ?
Asta & sportzshare the same tyre size right? IMO both look good.

As I was going through Hyundai i20 (1.2P, 1.4D & 1.4 AT): Official Review in one of links searched from google. I found one of the member has mentioned upgrading the OEM tyres of 1.4 Crdi Asta to 195/60 R14 Michelin. There were some pictures, not close one’s tough which he has posted and it looks good to me.Can I know if this is a right upgrade, as side profile is basically coming down?

If anyone knows which is the best upgrade for i20, without changing the original 14inch rims- Can you share the details.

Thank you very much
i20 Sportz and Asta comes with 15 inch alloy wheels not 14 inch. Stock alloy and tyre looks good then anything.

Thread Starter #8
Rajesh,
Even I feel that the stock tyres of i20 Asta CRDi are perfect size. Any particular reason you are looking for upgrade? or its just for looks ?
Asta & sportzshare the same tyre size right? IMO both look good.
Hi Sandip,I currently drive a Santro, where my brother changed the tyres to Michelin 185/60 R13 almost two years back. Even though it's slightly noisy, I like the decent grip levels and comfort from Michelins, so would like the Apollo's to be changed to Michelin XM2, when I take delivery of my i20 sportz CRDI later this month.[:)]

Last edited:

zengetz

Suspended
Thread Starter #10
@Rajesh,

I feel the stock tyre size is good enough for I20 !! why there is a need for upsize. If you do not like the tyre brand, then you can always change them with a good branch which you like.[:)]
Oh Yes. It's just that I need to change to a better brand and I am happy with Michelin's already on my Santro.[:)]

Thread Starter #11
Recently I came to know that for i20 Diesel, best tyre upgrade would be 205/60 R14 offered by Bridgestone. Never knew until then for 14inch wheel, there are 205/60 offerings from tyre companies.Anyone out there with this in their i20 CRDI's?

Top Bottom