Tyres & Music System for New Swift VDi

Thread Starter #1
Hi everybody..

I have booked a new Sift VDi and while I was discussing with the dealer regardng the accessories. he said its better if I exchange the new tyres with new ones (Michelin or Bridgestone) since the tyres coming with the car is either JK or MRF which is not good and wl wear out by 10000 - 15000kms. But if I go wth Michelin or Bridgestone it will last upto 35000kms. And If I exchange now. they will do it in an offer of half price of the new ones.
If I go wth the new tyres..whch ones shall I go wth..? wth 14" or 15"..? Pls advice.

Also pls advice on the music system. for the HU. whch one should I go for good sound quality and is the woofer necessary?

Awaiting your responses. Thanks. [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
There is absolutely no need to change the stock tyres, because they are well designed for the car to give optimum comfort and mileage. It is absolutely wrong that stock tyres will worn out for 10000-15000km. Think of changing tyres, if you feel that you want to upsize them to 185 profile for a better grip and breaking and bumpiness, but you will loose on FE for sure. In case of upgrade both the Michelin and bridge stone are good.

Go for JVC it is good, woofer is not necessary as it occupy your boot space instead go for coaxial speakers of JBL on the rear.

Thread Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply RK...

So there is no need to change the tyres..so will they too last upto 30k-35k kms? My main concern is that..

Also how abt Pioneer or Sony fr HU.? ShallI go for double din HU or Single din HU? Also is it ok if the rear speakers are put in the rear doors itself?

My dealer quoted me 12500/- fr cd du/din kenwood/JVC + 4 spkr. (does du/din stands for double din..?)

Whats your stand?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom