Tyres For Hyundai i10, Santro & Verna (Got Yokohama Earth-1)

Thread Starter #16

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Tyre Upsize for Hyundai i10 !

Congrats.[] Good looking thread pattern [:)]

Sometimes he might have planned to give you a surprise Discount while purchasing the tyres. [lol]
Indeed the tread pattern is good [thumbsup]
He might have given 100rs discount but still would have been expensive.

Anyways both cars have same tyres , santro travels on 70% good and 30% bad roads and i10 travels on 30% good and 70% bad roads. Will be interesting to see how much will they last.

re: Tyres For Hyundai i10 and Santro (Bought Yokohama Earth 1)EDIT: Now Verna too.

In kochi, we get the tire nozzles as free with each tire. I have experiance with MRF & Appolo. Even i asked them, i dont want that and instead give the price of that as discount. They told it comes with the tire and some shops selling it as additional. I didnt used that and now 4nos of nozzles kept in the car.
Even we get tire fitting,balancing & alignment (in case 2 or more tire purchase) free. If alignment/balncing facility not available in the tire shop, they will give coupon to do the same at nearest tire alignment center.One more thing i noticed is here is no charges/cost for the weights.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
re: Tyres For Hyundai i10 and Santro (Bought Yokohama Earth 1)EDIT: Now Verna too.

Even i feel a 100rs for a nozzle is a rip off. And about the weights he told me he can remove the labor charges of fitting and alingnment but since they have to buy weights they can't give them for free.

And i'm thinking to buy some nozzles and even puncture strips from the car market because the puncture wala use bad quality strips which leaks and damages the tyre even more.

I brought my 175/70/R13 XM2 in Jan 2013. Initially the deal was fixed for Rs.17,400/- Including WA and WB and placed the order. They were not yet started to keep Michelin tires and Yes I was the first one to purchase Michelin from them.[surprise]

In the end I got a surprise discount of Rs.200/- So the total came down to Rs.17200/- Including the extras of 2 Nozzles, Nitrogen, and Weights which were not discussed before.

Later I found, one of the member in teambhp who is from Thrissur paid Rs.17,000/- for the tyes and Rs550/- for the WB,WA,Nozzles etc works. So for him, the total was 17,550/- and his ride is OHC.

The only negative I found with this shop is, they were convincing me to buy the other branded tyres that they had in stock when I was specifically asking for the XM2.[anger]

So now I do every WA and WB works from them itself, they do also offer free WA checkup after the first 1000kms of regular wheel alignment work.(A way to keep in touch with their customers. Not sure is that a common practice followed by every tyre shops) Nitrogen topups are for Rs10 or sometimes its free.

Last edited:

A free check up after 1000/1500 K km is common here in Kochi and nitragen top up is free for their custmers. But they will charge Rs.50 per each tire for the nitragen filling.

Thread Starter #21

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

In delhi as well they'll do a free alignment within a 1000kms. And the dealer will suggest a product on which his maegin is more.

The dealer main's product was bridgestone , full bridgestone paint scheme plus posters plus dresses and not once he recommened me a bridgestone tyre.

So got the tyres replaced in my santro. I gave i10 for service so took the santro first for tyre replacement.
How are the tyres doing ? I have to change my santro tyres (95,500) and planning to go for Yoko Earth - 1.

A dealer here is quoting Rs 3450 / tyre along with the free tyre inflator (scheme running currently)[surprise] I will check with him again though.

Thread Starter #23

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

How are the tyres doing ? I have to change my santro tyres (95,500) and planning to go for Yoko Earth - 1.

A dealer here is quoting Rs 3450 / tyre along with the free tyre inflator (scheme running currently)[surprise] I will check with him again though.
Go for it but the price seem high. I don't know about taxes and all but will suggest you to check 2-3 dealers as well.

And the person from where i got the tyres told me the mrp at 3450 rs but he said there's a scheme till some date (don't remember) and i can get it at lower price.

Maybe the scheme is over ? Anyways do ask him about the prices of Michelin xm2. I don't have any experience with them but those are favorites of many members here [:)] i didn't go for them because they were a little expensive. Check the prices on the first page and compare and make a decision.

Earth -1 seems good but i'll be honest i don't drive themboth of these cars everyday But when i do i get a good comfy feeling.

@AHC, Please update the thread with FE,dry and wet braking, hard cornering experience, potholes experience.

Thread Starter #25

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

These are much better than appolo accelere.
I noticed better grip as soon as I changed them. There was screeching sound from appolo but nothing on the earth1 on the same stretch.

Dry braking has improved a lot , can't comment on wet grip.

Will be buying earth 1 for verna as well. 185/65/15 for 4500rs per tyre.
These are worth the price.

Never calculated i10's mileage and santro's on cng , it gives around 15-16 on cng. Mileage is the same.

Last edited:

Oh! I am also in search of new tyres in 185/60 R 15 size , dealer has qouted 4500INR for earth 1. And 4850 for Michelin XM2. So wanted to if XM2 price is worth paying for increase in FE as they claim.

Is there any thread for your Verna's tyre replacement?

I am thinking of starting a new thread for tyre replacement of my car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

There is a fluidic verna tyre upgrade thread, search for it.

I am not buying xm2s because the dealer is saying it will have chipping problems if running is on lower side.(less than 10k per year) I Googled it and saw many people facing the same problem but those who have running on the higher sides posted tyres are good and no problems of chipping.

My verna's stick tyres can last for another 10k easily but they have developed cracks so thinking of changing them.

Thread Starter #29

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Bought the earth 1 tyres for the verna too.

185/65/R15 4450rs per tyre. Paid 17800rs for 4.
He didn't give any cashback for the old tyres "since there is no demand for 15" old tyres"

There was no nozzle replaced and he didn't take 220rs for the balance as well. So in a way got 50rs for the tyre :p

Got this from gobind tyres model town.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Tyres For Hyundai i10 and Santro (Now Verna Too)

After 33k kms. I forgot to get the tyres rotated. Front ones have more tread left than the rear ones. And the usage for a while is 30% good roads and 70% bad roads.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom