Tyre Upgrade for Swift VXi

Thanks a lot xydon for your feed back. I love to upgrade the tyres soon after seeing this. looks awesome.

Do u see any milege difference at this stage? I am much worried about the milage becase I need drive 60 Kms per day to and fro [cry]

Mileage difference is negligible, probably a km. Cornering is awesom. However, comfort reduced a ton.

Odo error is huge. Swift's new Range display has gone for a toss.

I'm ok with the errors and stuff but the comfort has literally degraded. I can feel every little bump. I'm really worried about my suspensions now!! I'm planning to downgrade to 195/60.

Better to go for 195/60/R15. Again, that my view.

oh soo sad. profile is the problem or wheel base? what you suggest about 205/60/15?

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, 205/60/R15 is not the right upgrade. It's either 205/55/R15 or 195/60/R15. The latter is the perfect upgrade! Go for that unless you want tot experiment.

Xydon - i checked in the market, 205/60/R15 is available. I hope most of the cases tyre profile is the problem and not the wheel base. do you suggest going for 205/60/R15 ?

Best tyre upgrade for Swift Vdi

HI Friends,

This is my first post on this community, very proud to be a part of it.

I own a swift Vdi 2010 model, it has completed 63,000kms on stock tyres ( MRF ZVTS). I would now like to upgrade my car tyres with a brand new ones. I am thinking of upgrading to 185/70/R14 michelling XM2 or 195/65/R14. Please suggest the best size out of these two or any other size you people may think of. I drive mostly on highway, from home to work and back. My average driving in a month is 1500Kms to 2000Kms. I am looking for good fuel efficiency, better road handling and high stability on road. Also want to add alloy wheels for the same, please suggest the best alloys which go with them. Appreciate if you provide the details of dealer in hyderabad who sell them. Waiting for a positive reply, need to change the tyres as soon as possible.

Regards
Sridhar

Re: Best tyre upgrade for Swift Vdi

HI Friends,

This is my first post on this community, very proud to be a part of it.

I own a swift Vdi 2010 model, it has completed 63,000kms on stock tyres ( MRF ZVTS). I would now like to upgrade my car tyres with a brand new ones. I am thinking of upgrading to 185/70/R14 michelling XM2 or 195/65/R14. Please suggest the best size out of these two or any other size you people may think of. I drive mostly on highway, from home to work and back. My average driving in a month is 1500Kms to 2000Kms. I am looking for good fuel efficiency, better road handling and high stability on road. Also want to add alloy wheels for the same, please suggest the best alloys which go with them. Appreciate if you provide the details of dealer in hyderabad who sell them. Waiting for a positive reply, need to change the tyres as soon as possible.

Regards
Sridhar
185/70/14 is the best combinations for grip, comfort and peace of mind, if you want ultimate perfomance related set up go for Yokohama C drives, or Michellin Primary LC but very difficult to find this in the size mentioned above can also go for MRF ZLO with HR or OZ alloys

If you want a economic set up go for Indian alloys which are equally reliable like BSK, Advanti and go for Apollo accleres in the same above size mentioned

The first set up might cost you some where around 25K for alloys and 22K for tyres (MRF ZLO with HR or OZ alloys)

the second set up might cost you 13K for alloys and 15K for tyres (BSK, Advanti and go for Apollo accleres )

Mileage difference is negligible, probably a km. Cornering is awesom. However, comfort reduced a ton.

Odo error is huge. Swift's new Range display has gone for a toss.

I'm ok with the errors and stuff but the comfort has literally degraded. I can feel every little bump. I'm really worried about my suspensions now!! I'm planning to downgrade to 195/60.

Better to go for 195/60/R15. Again, that my view.
Sad to know that comfort has degraded. But 205/55/R15 Looks good, alloy choice is also awesome.. [:)]
Comfort degradation is a generic problem with R15 tyres or it is something else ?

Any idea about the comfort level in sizes mentioned by sridhartogari ie. 185/70/R14 & 195/65/R14.

So out of the four sizes (195/60 & 205/55 in R15 and 185/70 & 195/65 in R14) which one would you suggest.
I am looking for : -
1. Good comfort (should clear small pot holes without suspension sound)
2. Performance & Mileage (of course)

Sad to know that comfort has degraded. But 205/55/R15 Looks good, alloy choice is also awesome.. [:)]
Comfort degradation is a generic problem with R15 tyres or it is something else ?

Any idea about the comfort level in sizes mentioned by sridhartogari ie. 185/70/R14 & 195/65/R14.

So out of the four sizes (195/60 & 205/55 in R15 and 185/70 & 195/65 in R14) which one would you suggest.
I am looking for : -
1. Good comfort (should clear small pot holes without suspension sound)
2. Performance & Mileage (of course)
As far as i have experienced the 185/70 is the best in terms of comfort, economy and perfomance

The suspension would still fall under warranty when you go for 185/70 i had my friend who claimed his suspension work under warranty for a 2007 model VDI

Initially he was told the warranty is void due to the upsize by the show room folks just becuase they saw an after market alloys and didn't bother to check the size before commenting [frustration], but when he had mentioned its 185/70 which comes on the ZXI the showroom guys had not other choice but to approve his warranty claim as he had already shooted mails to Maruti suzuki customer service manager before he went to ahead for the claim for warranty cover and he had a print out of the mail where the Maruti suzuki customer service manager has mentioned he can go ahead with the warranty

Blindly go for 185/70 with utmost peace of mind[:D]

Thanks swift&furious for the info. Never knew that Tyre up-sizing will void suspension warranty.
Any other parts warranty getting impacted because of tyre upgrade? or it that entire cars warranty will be void?

Thanks swift&furious for the info. Never knew that Tyre up-sizing will void suspension warranty.
Any other parts warranty getting impacted because of tyre upgrade? or it that entire cars warranty will be void?
Warranty is void for suspension when you go 15 incher, but when you are in 14 inches and fall within 185/70 you are on the safe zone[:)]

I believe your friends Car's suspensions were covered under warranty because the profile 185/70 R14 is already used in ZXI/ZDI variant So I believe, even though he had selected any other tyre profile even in R14 still his warranty whould have been void.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I don't own swift & my Car's tyre size is 165/70 R14 & it's top end tyre profile is 175/60 R15, where as I wish to go for 185/70 R14. So will I be voiding suspension warranty by doing this ? First of all will such upgrade be possible ?
Extremely sorry for hijacking this thread.

I believe your friends Car's suspensions were covered under warranty because the profile 185/70 R14 is already used in ZXI/ZDI variant So I believe, even though he had selected any other tyre profile even in R14 still his warranty whould have been void.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I don't own swift & my Car's tyre size is 165/70 R14 & it's top end tyre profile is 175/60 R15, where as I wish to go for 185/70 R14. So will I be voiding suspension warranty by doing this ? First of all will such upgrade be possible ?
Extremely sorry for hijacking this thread.
You are exactly correct as he went on 185/70/14 which is the tyre size for ZXI (old version) he didn't have an issue claiming the warranty,

however when you upsize there is no actual heavy burden or whatsoever on the suspension but it increases the wear and tear than on a stock size configuration, you would have seen many swifts (old version) round the corner with 195/60/15 running fine but it doesn't pose an immediate threat but gradually increases the wear and tear

By the way what is the car you own and if the wheel wells are better enough for taking in 185/70 you can go ahead and a 10 wont' normally cause a problem or a tyre scrapping issue

But talking about suspension its only the Diameter of the wheel which counts on warranty issues ideally speaking but again its the showroom's call you can still make them accept the warranty with 195/60/14 but it needs only good contacts within

I own Nissan Micra XV Diesel. As already mentioned its Tyre size is 165/70 R14.
What I am looking for is somewhat wide tyres and also increase in tyre diameter, just to improve GC to an extent.
I am also looking for comfort without much reduction in FE. Can anyone suggest any other tyre profile? Any views on 185/70 R14, will this upgrade be possible as per your experience?

Top Bottom