Tyre Upgrade for Swift VXi

Hi Guys,

I bought a new Swift VXI (RED) a month back. I'm planning to upgrade the wheels.

The stock wheels profile is 165/80/R14. I'm planning for 205/55/R15 or 205/60/R15 or the traditional best upgrade 195/60/R15.

Need suggestion from the gurus regarding the following:

1) Will the first two profiles hurt the Arch or the suspension?
2) 2nd Profile is available in BS GIII and the 1st is available in many brands but I wanted to go for Yoko S-drive.
3) I'm looking for both Comfort and Performance in the tires.

I've read few other forums where people are using 205/45/R17s on swift. I'm a little reluctant to use 16 itself; but pretty interested.

Kindly help.

Hi Guys,

I bought a new Swift VXI (RED) a month back. I'm planning to upgrade the wheels.

The stock wheels profile is 165/80/R14. I'm planning for 205/55/R15 or 205/60/R15 or the traditional best upgrade 195/60/R15.

Need suggestion from the gurus regarding the following:

1) Will the first two profiles hurt the Arch or the suspension?
2) 2nd Profile is available in BS GIII and the 1st is available in many brands but I wanted to go for Yoko S-drive.
3) I'm looking for both Comfort and Performance in the tires.

I've read few other forums where people are using 205/45/R17s on swift. I'm a little reluctant to use 16 itself; but pretty interested.

Kindly help.
I would suggest you to go for 205/55/R15 since that would be comfortable. I use Yoko S Drives (205/50/R15) on my Swift. It's not comfortable on bad roads especially with potholes. Really hurts my back. S Drives are really good. I ran for almost 40k without any problems/punctures till now.
It's time for me to change my tires though. This time it will be 205/55/R15
Both these configurations wont hurt the arch or suspension. My bro got 205/50/R16 on his Swift. Absolutely no problem in that too.

Hi naveen04in,

Thank you for the reply.

I just came back from the service center after my car's first service. I spoke to the mechanic regarding the same and he says that the older swift had the suspension higher compared to the newer one and hence there were many owners who went for as much as 205/40-45/R17.

He suggested me not to go anything beyond 15' as its not yet tested on the newer suspension model. Also, he says I better try with 205/55/R15 before I get them. He suspects that the tires may rub the arch (hit the arch) or due to the lower profile, when the car is fully loaded (5 passengers), the (INDIAN) speed breakers may hit the lower part of the car.

I'm too confused now. I didn't know about the suspension changes in swift!![confused] is this even true?

Thanks for all your help.

I thought the new Swift got higher suspension. Better to stick with 15". Go for 205/55/R15 although 195 is best recommended.

Stick on to 14" since 15" is punishing on bad roads
Michelin Energy Tyres are real good, I have been using for last three years on my Swift.
Preferably stick on to the size 185/70 R14 it will be fun to drive and you will have good feedback from the steering as well comfy to a great level on bad roads too[thumbsup]

Xydon - Have you changed your tyres? i would really like to get a feed back from you. I am going to get my swift VDI delivered this month end. Am still confused with the tyre upgrade.

Can anyone tell me will upgrading tyre to 205 reduce the milage? if so how much it will get reduced? i am expecting 16 - 18 km in city drive. i am bit craze on tyres. it should look muscular. any suggessions?

Tyre Upgrade for new Swift VDI

all -

i have gone through many reviews about tyre upgrading but still i am confused with some of the points. I would expect experts/experienced users suggession before going forward.

My swift VDI is going to get delieved by this month end. I would really need a tyre upgrade to make the look better. can some one advice will upgrading the tyre to 205/55/R15 reduces the milage? if so how much it will get reduced? I heard that swift VDI normally gives 18 Km in City. will it reduce by huge amount? will there be any milage difference between 195 and 205?

Re: Tyre Upgrade for new Swift VDI

My swift VDI is going to get delieved by this month end. I would really need a tyre upgrade to make the look better. can some one advice will upgrading the tyre to 205/55/R15 reduces the milage? if so how much it will get reduced? I heard that swift VDI normally gives 18 Km in City. will it reduce by huge amount? will there be any milage difference between 195 and 205?
Well between the stock tires & 205 there is close to 30% surface increase in a way,yes it will hamper mileage,but diff tires have different contact patterns,like for example in Yokohama there is A-drive which is less resistant & running harder rubber & Yokohama has S-drive also which has more contact area cos edges are more curvy(looks amazing & broader),has softer rubber & have more rolling resistance when compared to A-drive.
So if you want to pick a 205 over a 195 just for looks there wont be much mileage diff if tire types are the same.

Tyre Upgrade for new Swift VDI

all -

i have gone through many reviews about tyre upgrading but still i am confused with some of the points. I would expect experts/experienced users suggession before going forward.

Thanks for your reply Prads. So do you feel that A drive will give more milage compared to S drive? and S drive is mainly for its superb look? i never seen these physically.

Thanks for your reply Prads. So do you feel that A drive will give more milage compared to S drive? and S drive is mainly for its superb look? i never seen these physically.
My friends are using S-Drive with 16 inch rims,they look amazing & also offer alot of grip in comparison to the A-Drive,ya tires like the A-drive will offer less rolling resistance when compared to performance tires like the S-Drive.

Hi Guys,

I got my tires upgraded. Finally.

I gave it a thought for over a month. Which one, 195/60/r15 or 205/55/r15?! People suggested 195/60/r15 profiling but I somehow like the broad tires. Should I have given a thought on mileage drop? If I should have, I should have when I bought a VXI instead of VDI. I love Petrol engines and I give a darn for mileage.

So, finally, I said "what the heck" and went for 205/55/r15. Got it done yesterday evening. And YOU are the first to know and see the images [clap].

Finally, here is what I have on my car:

Alloys: Lenso
Tires: Yokohoma S-Drive
Profile: 205/55/R15

How is the Ride quality?

I frankly don't know which one it is. The tires, the alloys or ME. I cornered at every chance I got. Probably its the confidence on the wide tires.

The steering felt a little lighter. I felt that change of alloys made it lighter and change it tires made it heavier and hence canceled out to be LITTLE LIGHTER. [glasses]

For the first time, a curve where I used to decrease the speed to 50 kmph, I cruised at 75 kmph (could have done more, but remember, this is the first day [;)]).

Mileage:

Since I still did not drive much, I would not be able to comment on the mileage.

Feel of the tires:

Road sound is Audible but it was expected.

And lastly, I have attached the Pics. So let me know how they look.

Attachments

Top Bottom