Tyre Tips and Maintenance

Tyre pressure do increase in run. Thats why there is recommendation for each tyre. that expands when we drive. Nitrogen do not increase the pressure during run. But there is no fault in pressure increase during run , if the tyre is in good condition i suppose

350Z

Core Team
Re: Tyre Tips & Maintenance

Is it OK to do this??
Yes. My cousin had a puncture in tubeless tyres of his brand new Alto. It was fairly big to create a visible hole on the tyre. Now what? The mechanic put tube in the same tyre and voila. Now it works like a charm.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

I remember seeing the same in some magazine too.
Does anybody recall the exact procedure?
Thankfully my tires come with a wear indicator.
The correct procedure is to turn the Re.1 coins up side down and insert into the tread depth. If the Hindi letter appears then it's time replace the tyres. But now that new Re.1 coin is out, someone needs to find out a new trick.

Drive Safe,
350Z

ilango[speed thirst];25996 said:
Tyre pressure do increase in run. Thats why there is recommendation for each tyre. that expands when we drive. Nitrogen do not increase the pressure during run. But there is no fault in pressure increase during run , if the tyre is in good condition i suppose
Ilango even with Nitrogen tyre pressure increases, but not much as it happens with Normal Air.
Ex: The TPMS in my car with normal air on highway drives used to go upto 38.8 when filled 32 PSI in cold conditions.
With nitrogen it remains well within 34.3 PSI, which is acceptable.

i too had tyre pressure problem. when i had taken my car for a wheel alignment the pressure was 40psi in all 4 tyres. i had checked the pressure a few days back from a local puncture walla. i presume his gauge must have been faulty. i had this problem previously also with different puncture repair shops.iam planning to buy a gauge myself. could any one suggest a good brand and also its price.350z is the inflation level indicator available in india if so where and how much do they cost?

I guess the Local tyrewalas ususally have faulty gauges. I have been a victim of a lot of time. Once this guy filled 35psi when i asked him to fill in 25psi. However after filling the ride became bouncy and i headed straight to a petrol pump where the pump guy told me about the real reading. So what i want to say is that its better to get the air pressure checked by yourself or at some petrol bunk.

ilango[speed thirst];14098 said:
Finally put a tube in that tubeless.
Is it OK to do this??
ilango[speed thirst];14105 said:
That is the best good solution . Else a tyre change.
Sorry for bumping old posts.
I'm not sure whether I have posted this earlier.

Technically this is not advisable.
If we still wish to use our punctured tubeless tyres with tubes, add tube to the other tyre on the same axle. (i.e., if the Front LH is punctured & could not be repaired, add tube to both the front tyres)

Adding tube to only one side affects the mass balance which in turn affects the ride & handling at higher speeds (read HIIIGH speeds). One could observe this only in silky smooth roads (thanks to Indian roads)

350Z

Core Team

350z is the inflation level indicator available in india if so where and how much do they cost?
Yes. This is available in India. I recall seeing its ad on Autocar. I will post more details as soon I find them.

Technically this is not advisable.
If we still wish to use our punctured tubeless tyres with tubes, add tube to the other tyre on the same axle. (i.e., if the Front LH is punctured & could not be repaired, add tube to both the front tyres)

Adding tube to only one side affects the mass balance which in turn affects the ride & handling at higher speeds (read HIIIGH speeds). One could observe this only in silky smooth roads (thanks to Indian roads)
Nice tip. Thanks for that!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Since last 10-12 days our DZire's front right tyre pressure use to gradually reduce. Always after 2-3 days we have to check the pressure. One fine day I checked for puncture (by spraying shampoo water) but there was no puncture. Then after some time the water went near the nozzle and yeah found the culprit; the nozzle was bad! Got the nozzle changed and now its working fine.[:D]

Hey can you guys please tell about maintaining the tubeless tires,how does it differ from normal one in the context to the maintenance of them?
I check my car's air pressure every two weeks, is it correct or not?

Hey can you guys please tell about maintaining the tubeless tires,how does it differ from normal one in the context to the maintenance of them?
Hey Vishwas, tubeless tyres as the name suggests doesn't have tube.

Maintainance in the sense is cheaper compared to tube type.
If a tube type tyre encounters a puncture, though fixing it is cheap.
It may be dangerous to travel in a repaired tube type tyre.

With tubeless during a puncture, the tyre looses its pressure slowly.
And in case of puncture one can travel to the nearest tyre shop.
If its severe, it can be fixed with a Puncture kit.

Tubeless tyre repair costs 100 per tyre.
Method of fixing tubeless is Mushroom type & plug type.

And one advantage is nitrogen can be filled, where there is no need of filling the air again & again.

Hi Buddy, tyre pressure inspection interval depends on the ambient temperature, average mileage/week, condition tyre and various other factors. In general once in 2 weeks is a healthy interval.

Difference between Tube type & Tubless are
-Tubless tyres has got additional layer called "Inner liner" which does the function of tube
-Alloy wheels are always preferred, though steel rims can be used but if the rim gets damaged during tyre fixing (with the traditional lever usage) air starts leaking from the walls
-Tubless tyres are light weight compared with their tube type counter parts (atleast 0.5kg lighter) thus boost up the mileage to some extent
-Side wall puncture cannot be repaired in tubless tyres (Minor punctures can be repaired, but not safe and reliable)

What is the difference between Mushroom type & Plug type? My understanding is both are same, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey Vishwas, tubeless tyres as the name suggests doesn't have tube.

Maintainance in the sense is cheaper compared to tube type.
If a tube type tyre encounters a puncture, though fixing it is cheap.
It may be dangerous to travel in a repaired tube type tyre.

With tubeless during a puncture, the tyre looses its pressure slowly.
And in case of puncture one can travel to the nearest tyre shop.
If its severe, it can be fixed with a Puncture kit.

Tubeless tyre repair costs 100 per tyre.

And one advantage is nitrogen can be filled, where there is no need of filling the air again & again.
Hi Buddy, tyre pressure inspection interval depends on the ambient temperature, average mileage/week, condition tyre and various other factors. In general once in 2 weeks is a healthy interval.

Difference between Tube type & Tubless are
-Tubless tyres has got additional layer called "Inner liner" which does the function of tube
-Alloy wheels are always preferred, though steel rims can be used but if the rim gets damaged during tyre fixing (with the traditional lever usage) air starts leaking from the walls
-Tubless tyres are light weight compared with their tube type counter parts (atleast 0.5kg lighter) thus boost up the mileage to some extent
-Side wall puncture cannot be repaired in tubless tyres (Minor punctures can be repaired, but not safe and reliable)

What is the difference between Mushroom type & Plug type? My understanding is both are same, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks and yes i was informed that it is really helpful at the time of puntures.What i am planning is when the stock tyres gets old in my alto, am going to upgrade to 13" Alloys so is it advisable to purchase tubeless tyres?

Top Bottom