Tyre Selection: XM2 vs Earth1 vs GY ATM vs CC5 vs ER300 vs...

I have primacy 3st tyres on my NewFiesta,had gone on a trip to Orissa,AndraPradesh fir about 3750 kms ,the tyres had to go through all types of road,at times they hit a pot hole on the road, weathered well,no issues,for grip, precision steering .

Hi,

I have Honda City and I want change my tyres to new one. 175/65 R15. I am confused between Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone and Goodyear.
I have to drive 100km to 120km daily and road conditions are quiet good. So please help me with the best selection with as I am focusing on Xm2 and CC5.

Hi,

I have Honda City and I want change my tyres to new one. 175/65 R15. I am confused between Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone and Goodyear.
I have to drive 100km to 120km daily and road conditions are quiet good. So please help me with the best selection with as I am focusing on Xm2 and CC5.
I have Michelin XM2's in 195/60/R15 size on my Honda City and have covered over 23,000 kms till now. The tires offer great comfort and are silent on almost all types of surfaces. The wet grip is really good and they are very good while cornering too. I have no experience with CC5's, hence not commenting.

If you like to drive and like to take corners at higher speeds, I would suggest you go for Michelin XM2's in 195/60/15. It will be a great upgrade in terms of everything.

Thread Starter #80
@PAVI,
When it comes to hard cornering, CC5 are better than Michelin XM2./Michelin PST.

When it comes to comfort XM2 are better than CC5.

BTW, are you sure about availability of XM2 in 195/60 R15 size ? Or you are talking about 185/60R15?

@Jaydiprevar,, For 120 km /day For perfect combination of comfort, hard cornering driving pleasure, I would suggest Bridgestone ER 300.

If you are going to travel on highways without any potholes or undulations (just like Gandhi Nagar - Udaipur), CC5 is best budget option. CC5 are bad on udulated patches & small potholes.

Anyways, stay away from Good year, unless they offer you 'Goodyear Efficientgrip '.

Last edited:
Go for XM2,they offer comfortable,silent,and grippy ride,I had got changed from JK tyres on my Ritz VXI ABS,which I have given to my father,and have run 65 thousand kms till date no issues

Hey guys!
I'm currently using BS Turanza ER300 on my Vento.
Pros:
1) Amazing grip in the wet. I can pull off some serious cornering in the wet which was not possible in the stock Apollo Alnac and Goodyear tires.
2) Gives some life to the steering- this has resulted in higher confidence levels. Now it doesn't feel nervous maintaining speeds of 140 to 160 kmph.
3) Can corner harder now. If executed correctly, one can corner at upto 170 kmph on a 6 lane highway.
4) Abuse friendly. No sidewall scratches seen till date.

Cons:
1) Becomes noisy as it ages
2) Tire has hardened after 2 years. Ride quality has deteriorated.

Overall the tires have done 35k KM's. All of them have started showing wear in the shoulders. The dealer is blaming it on alignment although we have done alignment regularly. They say in another 5k KM's we have to change the tyres.

Options(185/60 R15)
1) Get the Turanza ER300 again!
2) Apollo Alnac 4G
3) Continental CC5.

Honestly I prefer the 185/60 R15 as it has the shortest sidewalls which reduce tyre flex and helps in handling.

205/55 R15 has very little options and reduces mileage.

If I'm going for 195/60 R15, it has to be the MRF Perfinzas as they've got the most rave reviews yet! Plus, it's priced sanely unlike the Michelin P4ST. Continental MC5's don't last I believe.

Requirements:
1) Grip in the dry and wet
2) Shouldn't be too noisy
3) Should be abuse friendly

I have just changed the tires on the my Ertiga. I was using Earth 1 in stock size 185/65/R15 but now changed to Continental MC5 195/60/R15 and it is much better than Yokos. Quite satisfied with the change. The Earth 1 lasted 65k kms.

Hi team members, I am new here and posting my first query regarding next change of 4 set of new tyres in my 2010 Hyundai i20 petrol.
Have go through all the feedbacks regarding tyres from fellow team member and hope will get fruitful answer.
Current tyre is Bridgestone AR20 which have been used for 37k since 1.1.2015. As tyres have still thread and grip but cracks appear from last 12k kilometers and now it's very hard on small bumps as well as noisy like hell.My requirements are.
1. Fuel efficient
2. Not cheap not so premium .
3. Silent and grippy on dry and wet roads
4. If possible should be comfortable ride
Guys my car normally run once or twice in month hardly 40 or 60km so obviously soft compound tyre will suits my needs . But i love to do long trips very frequently. My car runs 60% on highway 30% on hills and 10% on city. Mostly cover 800 to 1200km on round trip.
My choices are Yokohama earth 1 , Yokohama blue earth AE50, Goodyear ATM2, apollo alnac 4GS . As Goodyear review are biased i just avoid it . But if someone have good experience with it than i can consider it. I hear about CC5 and MC5 reviews which are also good tyres.
I live in delhi and ask for quotes for
Yoko Bluearth 4000
Earth 1 3850
GY ATM2 3900
SIZE 185/65 R14
Do not ask for continental as they were not in my list but can consider if they are cost efficient and fulfill my almost requirements. Thanks guys

Yokohama Earth 1 is a good choice .
You can also try Michelin Energy XM2 (more softer than Yoko ) .
Thanks for feedback
As both earth 1 and bluearth have in same price segments. So why particular this one any solid reason ?
As bluearth have soft compound which is good against cracks as my car stand idle for 2 week or sometime for a month. I Can choose XM2 if it is really worth for 800Rs extra per tyre . But most of people have complained like bulge or prone to puncture.
Its better to choose XM2+ instead of XM2 as per company advertising it is much better than XM2 only design or pattern are same in both .
Are continental CC5 & MC5 fit in per my requirements?

Continental MC5 when compared to Yoko and Michelins have a mixed review. Michelin Energy XM2 has been in segment for say a decade . It is proven , I had used in my old wagon R , for 20k km , then i had sold the ride , and i didn't find any issues (I had used in both good tarmacs and bad ones ) .

HI VISHNU G , i found MC5 not available in 14inch so only option us CC5 In this case. One more thing can i upgrade from 185/65R14 to 185/70R14 or 195/65R14 .
Can any expert help me. And what will be advantages and disadvantages.
I know that it will affect speedometer reading but except this do face other things?

185/70/R14 isn't advisable at all, 195/65/R14- there's no tyre availble like that .

If stock profile is 185/65/R14 - the best upgrade would be 195/60/R14 - as per theory .
But my advice is don't upgrade to 195 . with a 14 inch rims . Also for i 20 the best profile is the one you have now .

Issues aren't limited to speedometer alone , but also suspension and steering components .

Top Bottom