Tyre Change of My Swift Dzire + Upgrade To Allloys - Suggestions Invited

Nice choice of rims Vjroadie. I too want similar design in 12" size for my Alto. Somehow i just love 5spoke wheels.

Thread Starter #107
Thank you Vjroadie , i am looking at finalizing Yoko A-Drives.
@Cooldhaya: You are most welcome. I am sure you will be satisfied with A drives on your Verna[clap]
@Akash: Thanks buddy. Yes I too love 5 spoke alloys as they look distinctive compared to other designs. The one I choose suits perfectly on my baby[thumbsup]

Help Guys.

Hmm some updates:

Drove the car with these new shoes for around 75kms today! Believe me; these are simply awesom!

There is more confidence while driving on high speeds and overtaking; cornering; breaking.(may be because of wider tyres: 165 to 185)

Well regarding the noise; I feel the noise is good now. Till the speed of 60, the noice is low but above 80 the noise increases comparitively. All because these are sporty tyres. The noice is more on cement road. But any how loved the changed in my car.

Breaking has improved. Cant say its really because of GIIIs; since the section is also increased.

Cornering and overtaking on highspeed is comparitively good, confident and stable now.

Stearing is slight heavy; I feel![roll]

In short; I am happy with these tyres. Since I am happy; Dad is happy too!! No more shakey drives and wobbling!! [evil]
There's a milage drop of around 2-2.5kms after changing from stock JK Tornado 165/80/14 to Potenza GIIIs 185/70/14 on stock steel rims![frustration]
Earlier we use to get around 16kmpl and now it has dropped to 13.5-14kmpl.

Since ZDi comes with this size there is not this much difference between VDi and ZDi. Is it because ZDi has alloys and alloys are lighter. And ours are on steel rims which has become more heavy due to broad tyres. Totally confused. Help plz.

@Vjroadie: What's the difference in the mileage now buddy?

Thread Starter #109
There's a milage drop of around 2-2.5kms after changing from stock JK Tornado 165/80/14 to Potenza GIIIs 185/70/14 on stock steel rims![frustration]
Earlier we use to get around 16kmpl and now it has dropped to 13.5-14kmpl.

Since ZDi comes with this size there is not this much difference between VDi and ZDi. Is it because ZDi has alloys and alloys are lighter. And ours are on steel rims which has become more heavy due to broad tyres. Totally confused. Help plz.

@Vjroadie: What's the difference in the mileage now buddy?
Hey boy, drop of 2 to 2.5 km / liter is a bit high on consumption. I have checked mileage of my baby and it looks to be around 15 to 16 in the city and about 19 to 20 on the highways. I did not see any significant mileage drop after my Tyre upgrade. May be you are right, Heavy steel rims are burning your pocket, I suggest you to go for light weight alloys as early as you can or you can also try to find some attractive deals for ZDI OE alloys at some of your known tire shop since many ZDI owners go for more flashy alloys and wider tire's. Also check your Tire pressure and maintain about 31 PSI on all 4, may be this will help you to get good mileage[thumbsup]

Your mileage can't go worse for just tyre change of 20mm.

Steel Rims & your spirited driving style on New Tires must be the reason.

When you are really confident on the ride, you push more & that is the reason.

Your mileage can't go worse for just tyre change of 20mm.

Steel Rims & your spirited driving style on New Tires must be the reason.

When you are really confident on the ride, you push more & that is the reason.
Hmm may be..
But isnt it because steel rims are heavy and 185/70/14 may also heavier than 165/80/14.
So mine have heavy rims and heavy tyres; on the other hand ZDi has alloys(which are supposed to be lighter) and these tyres.[confused] Just my assumption and calculations thats it. What you guyz say?

Nways removed rear mudflaps and now the tyre lookes more wider![evil]
e63(138).jpg

Last edited:
Tire weight may not be the rear reason.

May be the Rim weights. Tires might be 1.5Kgs - 2 Kgs heavier than older one & it might be max 10-12Kgs higher now.

So 12 Kgs on your ride is not going to burn up 2-3Kms down per liter.

Can you put up a rough weight of your rim+tyre before & after change ?

Which will help us narrow down the issue better.

Hey Gears this is strange , why don you wait for another mileage check to confirm things?

Time to change to alloys then if the problem persists![evil]

Can you put up a rough weight of your rim+tyre before & after change ?

Which will help us narrow down the issue better.
Now how will I do that?
Nwayz I was just guessing that this might be the reason![roll]

Hey Gears this is strange , why don you wait for another mileage check to confirm things?
Yes I think you are right! Will check the mileage on Wednesday; (we do full tank on wednesdays every week.)
So check it and then tell you.

Tme to change to alloys then if the problem persists![evil]
:lol!:
My dad says he is rather happy with less mileage than spending on new alloys!

Today was a Wednesday; and its the day to refil our DZire's tank. The following are the details:
KMS: 474
LTS: 29
MILEAGE: 16.XX

Hurray![clap]

God knows what happened last Wednesday![roll]

Top Bottom