Tyre Change of My Swift Dzire + Upgrade To Allloys - Suggestions Invited

Thread Starter #91
Yes gears! These alloys look cool. What I have chosen are 5 spoke and they look mind blowing. But I advise you go for alloys wheels soon and get the best experience with your shoe combination. I did drove a Dzire VDI wearing 205/60/R14 and trust me, the car was just rocking. It had a butter smooth ride and awesome contact patch on tar roads. I have also seen that many cars like Linea, Corolla Altis do come shooed with 195 profile tires and they are capable enough to take on any roads with utter ease. I am just really impatient, and waiting desperately for the upgrade[frustration]

Last edited:
My yoko s drives lying at the dealer place was sold to a customer as he was insisting on that at the tyre shop. the s drive is hard to get soon .

We went to tyre shop to get my alloys and tyre only to find them sold

so mine is on a a drive .

diffence is rim protector on them.
since i have own body shop , i can paint them - ppl buying a A drive on a very flashy alloys be carefull - drive with care in A drive - else the edges may have some minor scratches!

Thread Starter #93
ilango[speed thirst];59043 said:
My yoko s drives lying at the dealer place was sold to a customer as he was insisting on that at the tyre shop. the s drive is hard to get soon .

since i have own body shop , i can paint them - ppl buying a A drive on a very flashy alloys be carefull - drive with care in A drive - else the edges may have some minor scratches!
@Ilango: I have ordered my set or 4 yokohama 195/65/R14 A drives and will be getting them installed tomorrow morning. Can you please elaborate more on the sidewall/edge issue and how is it related to alloys. Also FYI information I have finalised on 5spoke black Silver machined alloys with a Silver Lip. Let me know if this can create any problems[confused]

Rim protector is just a small line like thing near the rim fixing area.

if you drop in edge of poth hole , the rim edges tend to have scratch . to prevent that we have rim protector in tyre. also rim protector makes a small change in look of tyre.

Not a big problem if you dont have rimprotector. its just a smallest protection kinda.

Any car is subjected to scratches !!

drive carefully and if at all you are about to get into a pothhole , get at its centre. !!

Thread Starter #97
ilango[speed thirst];59062 said:
Rim protector is just a small line like thing near the rim fixing area.

if you drop in edge of poth hole , the rim edges tend to have scratch . to prevent that we have rim protector in tyre. also rim protector makes a small change in look of tyre.

Not a big problem if you dont have rimprotector. its just a smallest protection kinda.

Any car is subjected to scratches !!

drive carefully and if at all you are about to get into a pothhole , get at its centre. !!
Ahh, Gotcha! Lol, I was so worried with this particular point [;)] Well, yes as you said every car-tyre is prone to such damage. But as you said about the Rim protector, I am certainly interested to get these rim protectors if they are widely available with all the tyre dealers. I will do inquire regarding these tomorrow while getting the new shoes installed.Thank you for shedding ample light on this, much appreciated[cheers]

ilango[speed thirst];59043 said:

So what about GIIIs? Does they have a rim protector?[confused]

Thread Starter #99
Okay Guys, Presenting my baby with her all new Shoes!
She's wearing Yokohama A-Drives 195/65/R14 on Silverline Alloys.
I am not sure how popular these wheels are but they caught my attention at a glance, so bagged them. The fit and finish looks good, much much better than the Indian Neo's.
My Initial observation for about 10 kms drive was just Fantastic and I missed quite a lot of small stupid potholes and it just put a Grin on my face[:D]
For the rest, let the pictures do the talking, here you go!

Attachments

Last edited:
Okay Guys, Presenting my baby with her all new Shoes!
She's wearing Yokohama A-Drives 195/65/R14 on Silverline Alloys.
I am not sure how popular these wheels are but they caught my attention at a glance, so bagged them. The fit and finish looks good, much much better than the Indian Neo's.
My Initial observation for about 10 kms drive was just Fantastic and I missed quite a lot of small stupid potholes and it just put a Grin on my face[:D]
For the rest, let the pictures do the talking, here you go!
Bro, your car is looking simply awesome! [clap]
Congrats for the upgrade! Can you please share the cost of the same!

Thread Starter #101
Bro, your car is looking simply awesome! [clap]
Congrats for the upgrade! Can you please share the cost of the same!
Thanks pal. Here are the prices:
Tire's did cost me Rs 3950/- each. Set of 4 Rs 15800/-
Alloys set of 4 Rs 14800/-
Also I got Nitrogen filled up for Rs 50 per tire and the rest of the work Balancing, alignment etc got it for free[thumbsup]
Total Paid Rs 30800/-

Hey Vjroadie your car is looking cool now! But it would have been lot cooler in 15inch alloys. And hey i am also looking to switch over to Yoko A-Drives for my Verna but only 185. Is it worth going for Yoko A-Drive?

Thread Starter #104
Hey Vjroadie your car is looking cool now! But it would have been lot cooler in 15inch alloys. And hey i am also looking to switch over to Yoko A-Drives for my Verna but only 185. Is it worth going for Yoko A-Drive?

Thanks Cooldhaya. Well I agree 15" look better than 14", but I din't want to compromise on the overall performance, as you know it definitely affects the handling and also the ride won't be comfortable. Going for 14" does make a lot of sense as its a mix of comfort,aesthetics and handling.
Well, my primary reason to go for Yoko A drives is that I did not find this size 195/65/R14 neither in Bridgestone nor Michellin. So the only option left with me was Yokohama and I also found that A drives are comfort oriented tires and personally I am happy with them.
I have also driven a friends Dzire shod with Brdigestone 205/60/14 and found no difference at all compared to my Yoko A drives. Compared to Brdigestone, Yoko A drives will save you on money and is truly a VFM tire. I am sure Yoko A drives will suit your Verna well in 185/70/14. Good luck[thumbsup]
-----------Next Post-----------
Thank you. It was due from a long time, almost a month now and finally I found the best combination of wheels[clap]

Last edited:

Top Bottom