Tyre Change for Honda City ZX VTEC

Thread Starter #1
I am wonderstuck at the That's an amazing calculate.

In a stock 175/65/14 Honda City ZX Vtec, according to the below calculation the only upgrade out of

Stock Rim Dia = 14*25.4 = 355.6
Stock Sidewall = 113.75*2 = 227.5 (175, 65%=113.75)
Total Stock Measurement = 583.1

185/65/14
Rim Dia = 14*25.4 = 355.6
Sidewall = 120.25*2 = 240.5 (185, 65% = 120.25)
Total Measurement = 596.1

195/60/14
Rim Dia = 14*25.4 = 355.6
Sidewall = 117*2 = 234 (195, 60% = 117.00)
Total Measurement = 589.6

So the nearest seems to be 195/60/14 and the second best is 185/65/14 rite ? Hope in both cases will there be less of Road noise

Do you think upgrading it to a 16'/17 Incher would look more good/ sporty

whats the best amongst
1. Yokomoha A drive (Whats the difference between ac01 and ac02)
2. Yokomoha C drive
3. Potenza GIII ??

Highway and City Drive will be a 50%:50%, a combination of terrain and mountains driving. the upsizing should not effect the driving experience and should not increase the wear and tear of the vehicle - no compromise on dynamics :)

VFM !!!

Kind Regards,
Sudhan

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Any suggestion on the below topics, don't find any takers for this [;)]

Planning to go either which 195/60/14 or the second best option of 185/65/14. any thoughts on the Tyre noise ??

I assume the grip will be much better than the stock tyres (175/65/14)

whats the best amongst
1. Yokomoha A drive
2. Yokomoha C drive (Whats the difference between ac01 and ac02)
3. Potenza GIII ??

Highway and City Drive will be a 50%:50%, a combination of terrain and mountains driving.
Will the upsizing should not effect the driving experience and should not increase the wear and tear of the vehicle - no compromise on dynamics :)

VFM !!!

Kind Regards,
Sudhan

The best option would be to go for A Drive 185/65/14. This profile wont affect the driving experience in negative way. It would rather enhance the cornering.
For minimum tyre noise, nothing beats Michelin.

@Honda Machine: You have two options if you are considering 185 and 195 profile tire's for your ride.
Option 1: 185/60/R14
Option 2: 196/60/R14
For both the sizes your Difference in overall Tyre circumference remains the same compared to your Stock tires.
You can check out yourself with the above mentioned sizes here Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4
The above link is for a tyre size calculator and the overall difference in circumference should not exceed 2% +/-
I have chosen Yokohama A Drives for my ride since my desired size was not available in Michellin or Bridgestone. When choosing Tyre brand I recommend you anyone of these three as all of them are equally good.
I too was under the same Dilemma, but figured this out quickly using the Tyre size calculator. Hope it helps you as well. Good Luck[thumbsup]

Any suggestion on the below topics, don't find any takers for this [;)]

Planning to go either which 195/60/14 or the second best option of 185/65/14. any thoughts on the Tyre noise ??

I assume the grip will be much better than the stock tyres (175/65/14)

whats the best amongst
1. Yokomoha A drive
2. Yokomoha C drive (Whats the difference between ac01 and ac02)
3. Potenza GIII ??

Highway and City Drive will be a 50%:50%, a combination of terrain and mountains driving.
Will the upsizing should not effect the driving experience and should not increase the wear and tear of the vehicle - no compromise on dynamics :)

VFM !!!

Kind Regards,
Sudhan
My ride currently has 195/60/R 14 tyres,which was upgraded from 175/70/R 14.
The difference that i found are,
1)more grip in corners and straights.
2)Steering got a little tightened,the stock Verna has the most easiest power steering.It is the only drawback i have experienced so far,it can't be said as a drawback,as i like riding it.

If your car has alloy wheels,you can upgrade to 195/60/R 14,if you want a rugged look from the stock.
Or else,go for 185/65/R 14,which would give a better grip than stock.

195/60 r 15 yoko A drive made my steering lighter to the previous 13 inch 185 section!

but most of them feel steering bit heavy! that is not so irritating!

if yours is steel rims , stick on to 185 section

@Honda Machine: You have two options if you are considering 185 and 195 profile tire's for your ride.
For both the sizes your Difference in overall Tyre circumference remains the same compared to your Stock tires.
You can check out yourself with the above mentioned sizes here Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4
The above link is for a tyre size calculator and the overall difference in circumference should not exceed 2% +/-
I have chosen Yokohama A Drives for my ride since my desired size was not available in Michellin or Bridgestone. When choosing Tyre brand I recommend you anyone of these three as all of them are equally good.
I too was under the same Dilemma, but figured this out quickly using the Tyre size calculator. Hope it helps you as well. Good Luck[thumbsup]
Sorry, actually the option #2 is 195/60/R14 and not 196/60/R14, it was a typo[;)]

Hey Honda Machine first check out in the tyre size calculator and choose the best upgrade for you without much speedo errors.

And tyres i think there in not much difference between A and C-drive and i think A-Drives are cheaper , so my suggestion A-Drives.

As everyone said, If you ride on alloys, then 195 or even 205 will suit & give you the best cornering abilities! no compromise on your dynamics :)

Else stick with 185s which will serve the purpose, but I would recommend you to move to an alloy & go for 195 or 205.

Thread Starter #10
A BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ON THE GESTURE OF PROMPT REPLY [Akash, Vjroadie, surendar, ilango[speed thirst], cooldhaya and Zinam].
-----------Next Post-----------
The best option would be to go for A Drive 185/65/14. This profile wont affect the driving experience in negative way. It would rather enhance the cornering.
For minimum Tyre noise, nothing beats Michelin.
Great that's precisely the kind of Tyre I am looking at [thumbsup]. Any specific model Michelin or did you mean Michelin XM1+.

Any idea on the C drives ?
Hey Vjroadie, you know what even I taken a look into a website Tyre Upsizing, Tyre Upsizing Calculator, Tyre Upgrade, Upgrading tyres, Michelin Tyre dealer in chennai, Authorised Michelin Tyre dealer in chennai, Michelin India, Michelin Tyres, tyrestore chennai and was breaking my head over the different combination of tyres sizes which could fit in with the less odometer error and thats when I closed upon 185 & 195, ur weblink seems to give even more information its a great additon to the knowledge bank now.

Any thoughts on C Drive, I actually felt it gives a great stylish look as S Drives with the riding and handing comfort of A Drive. [Hope I am right in my assumption]

Best bet you say is: A Drive, Michellin (so anything between XM1+ or Primacy LC, as Pilot Preceda seems more like a compound material tyre to me) and then Bridgestone (GIII, Turanza ER-60 or ER-300, though I am not much inclined towards ER-300)
My ride currently has 195/60/R 14 tyres,which was upgraded from 175/70/R 14.
The difference that i found are,
1)more grip in corners and straights.
2)Steering got a little tightened,the stock Verna has the most easiest power steering.It is the only drawback i have experienced so far,it can't be said as a drawback,as i like riding it.

If your car has alloy wheels,you can upgrade to 195/60/R 14,if you want a rugged look from the stock.
Or else,go for 185/65/R 14,which would give a better grip than stock.
Hey Surendar, my car has the factory fitted mag-wheels so I hope upsizing to 195/60/ R14 should not be a problem. what say ?:smile:

yeah 2 things i would like to change
1. for it to look more sturdy by looks as the stock tyres look to puny when compared to the size of the car
2. for increased grip and handling.

ilango[speed thirst];59585 said:
195/60 r 15 yoko A drive made my steering lighter to the previous 13 inch 185 section!

but most of them feel steering bit heavy! that is not so irritating!

if yours is steel rims , stick on to 185 section
One small clarification Ilango, A Drive - is AA01 rite or is there some other models to ?[thinking]

Hey Honda Machine first check out in the tyre size calculator and choose the best upgrade for you without much speedo errors.

And tyres i think there in not much difference between A and C-drive and i think A-Drives are cheaper , so my suggestion A-Drives.
yeah Cooldhaya, as many in the community suggest to check for the speedo error first did so with the help of this site Tyre Upsizing, Tyre Upsizing Calculator, Tyre Upgrade, Upgrading tyres, Michelin Tyre dealer in chennai, Authorised Michelin Tyre dealer in chennai, Michelin India, Michelin Tyres, tyrestore chennai and arrived at 185/65/14 and 195/60/14, now taking in Vjrodies option of 185/60/14. but I guess most probably i will stick to 195/60/14.

Dot to the answer Daya on your choice, A Drives that's (AA01) rite ??

As everyone said, If you ride on alloys, then 195 or even 205 will suit & give you the best cornering abilities! no compromise on your dynamics :)

Else stick with 185s which will serve the purpose, but I would recommend you to move to an alloy & go for 195 or 205.
I have the factory fitted mag Wheel which is usual on a ZX VTEC. Thanks Zinam for doubly confirming on the point of "No compromise" on dynamics and good cornering.[:)]

Last edited:
Hmmm i have no idea bro , and i felt there is not much difference between A and C-drive in terms of cost too. But if you can afford Michelin Xm1+ then go for it.

Don you think going for 195/60 will affect your GC a little as City also is a bit low in GC? I feel 185/65 will be better.

Thread Starter #12
Hmmm i have no idea bro , and i felt there is not much difference between A and C-drive in terms of cost too. But if you can afford Michelin Xm1+ then go for it.

Don you think going for 195/60 will affect your GC a little as City also is a bit low in GC? I feel 185/65 will be better.
Oh yeah, I dint really think about it. Will it actually reduce the Ground Clearance considerably ?

Because already in most the road around in B'lore there are too many illegally built "Speed Breakers" that are too high and running board gets hit most of the times (with 2 people itself traveling in the car)

Yes it reduces slightly. And since you have said your car gets hit even now , i would suggest 185/65 to be on the safer side.

You can see the difference of height in the image shown in the tyre size calculator bro.

Oh yeah, I dint really think about it. Will it actually reduce the Ground Clearance considerably ?

Because already in most the road around in B'lore there are too many illegally built "Speed Breakers" that are too high and running board gets hit most of the times (with 2 people itself traveling in the car)
I meant Michelin Xm1+. But it is costlier than the ones you have shortlisted. Also i didnt suggest 195/60 since it will lead to GC issues which is already a problem with CITY.
I own the preZX version and i must admit i have to remain extra cautious while crossing bigger breakers(illegal ones). So better stick to 185s.

Since you are on stock rims, stick with 185/65/14.

I would prefer MICHELIN Energy XM1+ which would give you superior ride quality for your ride.

Your question about A & C drives.

A is normal tire & everyday use tire.

C has an extra grip on wet track & preferable in rainy areas.

C drive has extra safety which you look for.

More concerned on safety ? then MICHELIN Pilot Preceda PP2

Do feel free to ask more questions if you have :)

Top Bottom