Tyre / Alloy Upgrade for New Hyundai Verna Fluidic

hi all
please suggest me tyres and chrome alloys for my diesel fluidic.it has done 35000kms. and i want to change its tyres and alloys.current tyres are 205/50/r16. should i go for 205/55/16 or any other specification you guys suggest will be the best.the problem i am facing is its ground clearence is very low.i have to slow down the car on every bump and a sound of thud comes from it while it goes into pitholes.
Hey fluidic sumit. Have your tyres gone at 35k kms?[shock] What tyres were they? And why do you want to change the alloys? My suggestion is go for 205/55/16. And if I were you, I would have gone for black alloys with silver/chrome lip. They look simply awesome. Nways that my personal opinion. BTW I guess your's is a white one, isnt it?

Hi folks ,
I dont know how many fluidicians are active here , because i have logged in after a long time.
I have got a minor upgrade on my verna.
Bought MSW 23 OZ Racing 15 inch alloy for my car 3 days back on a stock tyres.
Not quite happy with the size of alloy. I wanted to go for same 16 inch alloys but didnt have that high budget.

Paid total 44000 INR including 4 alloys, nuts etc. Will be uploading better pics later.
My car has run above 30k kms and will be needing an tyre upgrade in next 10k kms.
Planning to get 205/55/R15 on this alloys. I hope they will make a better look then the current ones.

Attachments

Verna SX 2014
Upgraded from 195/55/R16 to
Pirelli 205/55/R16

Overall experience - Its worth it. Improved overall handling and its almost 80% better than the stock tyres.
Hyundai fitted tyres were useless!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Isnt the rear tires touching the body while car is extremly loaded?
I have same size tire over aftermarket 15 inch alloys.
Might be because my alloys have positive offset and 6.5j while stock alloys are zero offset with 6j.. must be making a difference

hey guys i have put 16"alloys with 205/55 R1 yokohama tires recently for my car fluidic verna.The problem is rare body is touching the tires when 5 people are seated in uneven roads that is scary.Please any body help me with this and find me a solution?

Guys,
I had a bad day with Verna fluidic alloys. I have the petrol base model which comes with 15 inch tyres and wheel caps. I went to JC Road, Bangalore to find out the alloys but it seems its too difficult to find 4 hole alloys in 15 inch and also the PCD should be 100. After lot of running around (almost) 8 hours, I was able to find the alloys I liked but the horror started only once the alloys were fitted. We always skip the rim width part, Verna stock has 5.5j rims and all the after market alloys have 6.5j rims which is more than a inch wider. After fitting the stock alloys of 185/65 R15 on the alloys, the tyre is coming out of the fendor by around and inch when seen from top or front. It looked so ugly and it ruined the look of the car. I insisted the dealer to take back the alloys but he did not agree and said, the seal has been opened and it can't be taken back. He was saying all tyres come out of the fendor and its natural. I didn't agree, a luxury sedan with tyre coming out of the fendor looks cheap. I argued for 2 hours and finally I picked up a Polk 10 inch woofer to compensate but he didn't agree and he charged me Rs. 1600 labor charges and Rs. 1500 for d alloys saying it has fitting marks now.
I had no option but to pay that extra Rs. 3000. Very rough day, so the only alloys that will fit the Verna is stock alloys which comes in 5.5j size.
I found stock alloys but then I have to upgrade to 16 inch tyres also. They were just giving me Rs. 2750 for bridgestone tyres which is driven 100 kms and another 12k for new Good year 16 inch tyres + 22k for those old Verna alloys. I didn't agree and came back sad and depressed. ALLOYS IS THE BEAUTY OF THE VEHICLE AND I CAN'T PUT ONE NOW!! :(

hi,

i am having 2012 fluidic verna. now my verna run more than 40000 km. now i want to change my tyre so i need some suggestions from you.

my stock tyres are bridge stone B250 195/55 R16. my overall experience with bridgestone is not good. so i am planning for upsize 205/55 R16. and i also choose yokohama ZR 205/55 R16.

but i have some doughts
- if i go upsize it affect on my car like- car milege, handling, driving exp.
sol please halp me out guys.

thanks

Top Bottom