Tyre Alignment and Balancing

Hi friends,
Recently got the alignment, balancing and tyre rotationdone on my car, after it has been done, my car pulls towards left and some time towards right, I just went back and complained so he again changed the tyre position from front to back, he told me to use it for 200 kms, again the same problem continues, went back.
Guess the answer what he gave..
Every thing is upto mark, ur car has been bent, chamber problem and last sentence..
For M 800 we can give only this much perfection..

Pls help regarding my issues..
Details, New tires and alloys run round 5k KMS..

i think if its alignment problem the car will always pull to the same side rather than going to either sides. i feel its the slanting of the road thats causing the problem.

Yesterday got the alignment done, every thing is fine except the steering wheel position.
It doesn't stay in center even when the car is going strait, I complained the dealer he said it will be adjusted after driving it for some kms.. is it true pls help..

Yesterday got the alignment done, every thing is fine except the steering wheel position.
It doesn't stay in center even when the car is going strait, I complained the dealer he said it will be adjusted after driving it for some kms.. is it true pls help..
No its not true mate,it never going to be get adjusted on its own,ask the dealer/mechanic to remove the steering wheel and position it straight,for accuracy of position ask him to position it on a drive.
Now its only pulling towards left..
Mate check your wheels air pressure because even inaccurate air pressure will lead your vehicle to lean towards one direticon

Every thing is fine now except the steering position, he say's he cant bring it to exact position.
As a alignment technician he shouldn't say that dude because a proper wheel alignment includes the position of steering wheel to be straight/center.
Let me know the vehicle you are using so that i can help you out to do it by yourself.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
one thing i don't understand in wheel balancing. every time they balance , they remove the previous metal things they add to the tyre.

i mean doing this will obviously make the tyre go unbalance and we have to again pay :\ ?

The condition of tyres keeps on changing with the kms covered on them. In terms of balancing, there dynamic and static balance also keeps on changing. Its present statistics would be way different from the one during last balancing.
So they do balancing of wheel and tyre without any external object (balancing weights). Chances are that this time, the wheel might need lesser weight to get balanced. [:)]

nozzlering, just wanted to ask, without removing the weights if we get a wheel balanced what will be the result, it might determine the bends which are not at the same point where the weights are placed..

The result will be, a balanced wheel. Say, for example a wheel has already a zinc weight attached during last balancing. This time, when you check, (without removing the weight) there will be some imbalance for sure (because of wear of tyre and other factors). So another weight needs to be added. On the contrary, if we had checked balance of wheel after removing the old weight, balancing would have been achieved using a smaller weight. IMO, the wheel should be balanced by using minimum amount of external weights.
Wheel imbalance is not always caused by bends. It is caused by rubber wear (say uneven wear).

sorry varun560061 last time didnt see your car mentioned as m800,so here tips to positon your steering wheel by yourself,remove the steering cover of yo car there you can see nut remove it using 17size box spanner after that pull the steering and just place it over there,use some stretch road or ground take a drive see where the positon of sterring while going straight stop the vehicle pull the steering out place it over in the straight manner,hope this helps you[:)]

sorry varun560061 last time didnt see your car mentioned as m800,so here tips to positon your steering wheel by yourself,remove the steering cover of yo car there you can see nut remove it using 17size box spanner after that pull the steering and just place it over there,use some stretch road or ground take a drive see where the positon of sterring while going straight stop the vehicle pull the steering out place it over in the straight manner,hope this helps you[:)]
Thanks, I have tried this myself either it stops below the mark or above but it never fits to exact position..

Thanks, I have tried this myself either it stops below the mark or above but it never fits to exact position..
Hope a mechanic can bring it back to excat position,if he couldn't means on next alignment ask your technician to lock the streeing wheel in straight position and then to proceed with alignment.

Top Bottom