Two Enthusiasts Go Storm Hunting - Tata Safari Storme Test Drive Review

Would request the members to enlighten me on this ?
Well, the Storme has a single DIN slot in its centre console and the unit initially offered by TML was not liked by many. Then TML offered another unit which had a folding screen which made it look like a 2DIN but the angle of the screen was too low to enable comfortable viewing angles for the driver and was expensive too. Hence, TML decided to do away with the sound system altogether to allow complete freedom of choice to the customers. This also helped them to reduce the vehicle price to some extent.

Well, the Storme has a single DIN slot in its centre console and the unit initially offered by TML was not liked by many. Then TML offered another unit which had a folding screen which made it look like a 2DIN but the angle of the screen was too low to enable comfortable viewing angles for the driver and was expensive too. Hence, TML decided to do away with the sound system altogether to allow complete freedom of choice to the customers. This also helped them to reduce the vehicle price to some extent.
Complete freedom of a choice in a single slot ?[frustration]. The original system was alpine which is considered amongst the best in the world and they removed it altogether just because handful of customers said that they didnt like it ? Thats like cutting the oxygen pipe off if the patient is not liking the colour of the oxygen cylinder.[:D] . What about the feedbacks almost all safari owners have been giving for more than a decade- rattling . As far as i know almost all owners are still facing the issue off and on. Will they remove the tail gate now since moving the spare wheel didnt sort out the issue?

Your wishes have been answered. They are removing the Safari altogether and coming up with an all new SUV in the next couple of years...!![lol]
I have always been a die hard fan of SAFARI's looks and capabilities. Never had an iota of doubt. Just that TATA could have handled the interiors and those niggles in a better way. Should have given SAFARI the respect it deserved for being the cult vehicle. When FORD can come up with an entirely new vehicle with a spare on the back door without any trouble of rattles, why cant TATA sort it out for good despite facing it for almost 15 years. I understand ecosport's spare would be lighter than safari's but so is its door. Its the relative proportion that i am talking about here.

Its the relative proportion that i am talking about here.
The list of changes that the Safari/Storme need, to bring up them upto, say, the Ecosport's levels is long and does not justify their execution on an outdated body/platform. This is one of the reasons an all-new SUV is being developed.

Top Bottom