TVS NTorq 125CC Scooter Launched in India

The dealer here has received, but no TD vehicle available, only display.
Sadly most two wheeler dealers here don't really have a TD vehicle and use brand new ones as TDs. [frustration]

The digital speedo is a very nice to have feature.
Digital speedo is not new, our 2011 Mahindra Rodeo has fully digital console packed with a tachomter [:D]. Even TVS Wego has fully digital setup, kudos to TVS for that.

1. Sounds like a 150cc bullet, lovely throaty sound.
How was the vibration levels Vinod ji?

This scooter is very tempting to me, at least on paper and photos. Definitely on top of the list if we end up buying one. Looking forward to ownership reports on our forum soon (I know Gandhi already bought this guy, should persuade him on writing a report).

Sadly most two wheeler dealers here don't really have a TD vehicle and use brand new ones as TDs. [frustration]

Digital speedo is not new, our 2011 Mahindra Rodeo has fully digital console packed with a tachomter [:D]. Even TVS Wego has fully digital setup, kudos to TVS for that.

How was the vibration levels Vinod ji?

This scooter is very tempting to me, at least on paper and photos. Definitely on top of the list if we end up buying one. Looking forward to ownership reports on our forum soon (I know Gandhi already bought this guy, should persuade him on writing a report).
I did not notice any vibes, on my nonexistent TD, there are bar ends on the handle, so that should be eliminated.

From the rear it looks awesome, due to the LED Taillight and vents on either side. Engine kill switch like a bike.

I'm sure they would come out with a 150 version, as this is a groundup new engine.

Visited a nearby TVS showroom for test drive but they didn't have any vehicles registered due to RTO delay (happens with all new launches in TN!). Anyways, they had a green Ntorq on display to see it in flesh. I personally didn't like the green color, yellow looked best so far.

Green Ntorq in flesh. The digital center console is not that big in real, as opposed to perceived size in photos:
Ntorq_Green.jpg

Tail lights are a class in itself but DRL is a downer, wonder why they had to make it look like Chevy logo [frustration]
Ntorq_Lights.jpg

Visited a nearby TVS showroom for test drive ..... The digital center console is not that big in real, as opposed to perceived size in photos:
It is one of the standard Matsushita Electronic Component (Panasonic) LCD speedo. In fact if you or any developer on forum wants to make their own app to pair with it use this info:
String SPEEDO_MACID = "0013433B6629";
TVS SPEEDO MAC ID.JPG
Even if the bike is already paired with owner’s phone, you can spoof any of the following IMEIs to connect as these IMEIs are in ‘trusted’ array .
359473076783188 - Samsung Galaxy J7
353202069869233 - Samsung Galaxy Grand2
911450603555066 - Lava IRIS X1 INSTA
Verified IMEI.JPG
Note :I don’t believe TVS has some evil design to retrieve your ride data ! I just think the IMEIs were used for testing and are left in the app by sheer laziness – a common developer Trait!

• After Bluetooth connection, the following data can be retrieved from speedo
String CAN_DTE;
String CAN_Fuel;
String CAN_GPS;
String CAN_ID;
String CAN_Mileage;
String CAN_ODO;
String CAN_RPM;
String CAN_SERVICEODO;
String CAN_Speed;

• To retrieve trip report details use SQLite commands. All details are stores in SQLite database named ‘contactsManager.’, Table ‘contacts’. The fields which can be retrieved are:
private static final String KEY_AVGSPEED = "avgspeed";
private static final String KEY_DATE = "date";
private static final String KEY_DISTCOVERED = "distcovered";
private static final String KEY_ENDTIME = "endtime";
private static final String KEY_FUEL = "fuel";
private static final String KEY_ID = "id";
private static final String KEY_MAXSPEED = "maxspeed";
private static final String KEY_MONTH = "month";
private static final String KEY_NAME = "name";
private static final String KEY_STARTTIME = "starttime";
private static final String KEY_TRAFFICTIME = "traffictime";
private static final String KEY_TRAVELTIME = "traveltime";
private static final String KEY_YEAR = "year";
private static final String TABLE_CONTACTS = "contacts";

HTH

Last edited:
TD Ntorq 125 today.

My Views :
1) Good Power delivery
2) In love with exhaust note and mirrors
3) Very nimble to ride
4) Stable at high speeds and suspensions felt better to me
5) Features are amazing
6) Space in front of knees is good too
7) Seat height is set a bit high. Sis wasn’t feeling confident due to this.
8) Indicator switch is something I need to get used off.
9) Seat is a bit narrower
10) External fuel filler is a neat touch
11) Underseat storage is better than Activa 125
12) Brakes are pathetic. I find my Activa 125 STD brakes to be bad, and Ntorq 125 brakes are even more worse.
13) Power felt low to be when compared to my Activa 125

Looks are subjective so not going in detail. But to me it looked good and better than Activa 125. BTW I never liked Activa 125 rear, it feels too bulky :stupid:

It costs ₹78K here in Mumbai.
It didn’t felt to me that I should sell my scooter and get Ntorq 125. But certainly if anyone is yet to venture into this segment, Ntorq 125 is much better deal.

Service interval is at 2500 km, after first 500 km.
4 services are free (i.e. no labour charges). Also was said that service without oil change costs merely ₹500, and if oil is changed price is bumped to ₹850 approx. I am bit surprised as servicing my Activa 125 after every 2000 km with oil change costs me between ₹1500-₹2000 that to when done by local mechanic.
TVS is yet to make accessories for the scooter.

Overall a much better scooter than Activa 125! [cheers]

With this new launch, TVS has upped their game especially in Instrument Console. I believe this is first in segment feature at this price.
Hope they incorporate the same type of connectivity for Motorcycles too.

TD Ntorq 125 today.

change costs merely ₹500, and if oil is changed price is bumped to ₹850 approx. I am bit surprised as servicing my Activa 125 after every 2000 km with oil change costs me between ₹1500-₹2000 that to when done by local mechanic.

[cheers]
The quoted statement got me curious.~2k to service a scooter every 2000 km is almost ~10k a year. The paid 10k yearly service along with Oil change filter costs only ~4k for a mid segment hatchback such as Swift, Grand i10 etc. Bro, you seriously need to change your mechanic and i'm not even kidding here.

I own a TVS jupiter too. I buy motul engine oil from Amazon for 290 rs and get the scooter serviced locally once every 4 months/ 1500 kms and it costs ~300 rs for service which includes washing too.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
TVS NTORQ 125 crosses 1 lakh sales mark; launches new Metallic Red colour

Milestone achieved within six months of launch​

Hosur, September 18, 2018:

TVS Motor Company, a reputed manufacturer of two-wheelers and three-wheelers in the world today announced that their 125cc scooter offering TVS NTORQ 125 has crossed the 1 lakh sales mark. The brand has also introduced a new colour – Metallic Red ahead of the festive season.

TVS NTORQ 125, which was launched in February 2018, has been developed based on the TVS Racing pedigree and comes with the state-of-the-art CVTi-REVV 3 Valve engine. The scooter, which is targeted at the Gen Z, boasts of an exclusive technology platform – TVS SmartXonnect* - making it India’s first connected scooter. Within 6 months of the launch, the scooter has witnessed immense demand from the target audience leading to 22 lakh visits on the website and consistent enquiries across dealer channels as well as social media platforms.

Commenting on the milestone, Mr. Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President (Marketing) – Commuter Motorcycles, Scooters & Corporate Brand, TVS Motor Company, said,TVS NTORQ 125, our first 125cc scooter, is also Indias first Bluetooth connected scooter. The GenZ, our intended audience, has responded with love to this new offering. They not only took the TVS NTORQ 125 to their homes but gave it a pride of place across their social platforms. This kind of brand love early on is remarkable and redoubles our enthusiasm to live up to the faith of our consumers.

TVS NTORQ 125 gets the new generation CVTi-REVV 124.79cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, 3-valve, air-cooled SOHC engine that churns out 6.9kW@7500 rpm / 9.4 PS @7500 rpm and 10.5 Nm@5500 rpm. The additional valve in the engine accentuates the performance of the scooter which boasts of a top speed of 95 kmph and an excellent acceleration, together with a unique exhaust note.

The scooter premieres the TVS SmartXonnect*, an innovative Bluetooth-enabled technology which is paired to an exclusive NTORQ mobile App which can be downloaded from google play store. TVS SmartXonnect* enables a host of first-in-segment additions to the fully digital speedometer, which boasts of 55 features including navigation assist, top speed recorder, in-built lap-timer, phone-battery strength display, last parked location assist, service reminder, trip meter and multi-ride statistic modes such as Street and Sport.

Taking cue from the design of a stealth aircraft, TVS NTORQ 125 embodies a sharp, aggressive style with a signature tail and LED tail lamps. It is available in the colour selection of Matte Yellow, Matte Green, Matte Red and Matte White. In April 2018, the brand introduced the Metallic series which includes Metallic Blue, Metallic Grey and the recently launched Metallic Red.
Regards

Akash

My S-I-L is planning to buy a new scooter after March in Hyderabad as she is not willing to bring her 6 month old Activa 125 to Hyderabad as it is used by her sister's family.I suggested her to look at Ntorq as she already have Activa 125.Willing to do a TD for her soon as she wants to buy one for her commute in Hyderabad traffic.

Thread Starter #27

Nairrk

Honoured Member
TVS Ntorq Drum Variant Launched In India At Rs. 58,525, Delivery Begins

TVS-Ntorq-metallic-red-640x424.jpg

TVS has officially launched the drum variant of Ntorq in India at Rs. 58,525 (Ex-Showroom). The drum variant is priced lesser by Rs. 1,648 over the disc model. Apart from the introduction of drum brake at the front, the company hasn’t made any other changes for the scooter as it is one of the best selling models in its segment.

Read:

Thread Starter #28

Nairrk

Honoured Member
TVS NTorq 125 Launched In New Matte Silver Colour

8sncaer8_tvs-ntorq-125-matte-silver-colour_625x300_25_June_19.jpg

TVS Motor Company has announced the launch of a new Matte Silver shade for its popular 125 cc scooter - TVS NTorq 125. The new colour has been launched to commemorate the NTorq 125 becoming the most awarded scooter in India in the 2018-19 financial year, by winning 9 automotive industry awards. The new special edition Matte Silver NTorq will also feature a special 'Scooter of the Year' insignia on the front apron to differentiate it from the regular NTroq scooters. Furthermore, the new TVS NTorq 125 Matte Silver option will be only available in the disc brake variant, which is currently priced at ₹ 59,995. The drum brake variant is priced at ₹ 58,552 (both ex-showroom, Delhi).

7q86nm7g_tvs-ntorq-125-matte-silver-colour_625x300_25_June_19.jpg

Read:

Thread Starter #29

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New TVS NTorq With LED Headlamp Teased

TVS Motor Company has released a new teaser video for an updated version of the NTorq 125 scooter on its social media handles. The new video provides a glimpse of the new LED headlamp and daytime running light integrated in the front apron, without revealing too much on what the rest of the changes will be like. The TVS NTorq 125 is over a year and a half old now and has been well accepted into the market as well. The update is likely to bring a fresh look to the model for the festive season. It is also likely that the two-wheeler manufacturer could introduce BS6 compliant variant of the scooter along with the cosmetic changes.

Read:

Thread Starter #30

Nairrk

Honoured Member
TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition Launched In India; Priced At ₹ 62,995

TVS Motor Company has launched the TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition with a new LED headlight, as well as LED daytime running light (DRL). The NTorq 125 Race Edition also gets a hazard light along with new body graphics and three tone colour combination. The TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition has been priced at ₹ 62,995 (ex-showroom, Delhi), and is ₹ 3,000 more expensive than the disc-brake version of the standard TVS Ntorq 125. TVS also introduced a drum-brake variant of the NTorq 125 earlier this year, which is priced at ₹ 58,252 (ex-showroom, Delhi). With the new Race Edition, the TVS NTorq 125 is available in three broad variants - drum brake, disc brake, and the new Race Edition and in a wide choice of gloss and matte colour options.

Read:

Top Bottom