TVS Jupiter Titanium Grey BS-IV

Thread Starter #108
5th Service Update:

Good morning TAI, yesterday I received Motul Scooter LE 10w30 oil and went to get Jupiter serviced. First time it is serviced outside service centre.

The current odo stands at 11500 km. The mileage has dropped to 42 now maybe because I am revving it upto 60kmph when I get a chance or because it was due for service. Took it to a known mechanic and stood there when work was being done.

He cleaned the carburettor with petrol and cleaned air filter. Checked Spark plug and it didn't need replacement for now. Couldn't take photos because my phone battery was very low.

Front visor was making noise when going over rough patch of road so asked him to open it and the culprit was loose nuts which hold the visor. Tightened them and now noise is gone. Set carburettor and Jupiter does not stall now at low speeds. Overall I am satisfied with his work.

After changing oil I can feel the difference. Engine sounds sweet now, there are vibrations at idle but very less than earlier. The engine runs smoothly now. It's just been one day since I changed oil so yet to check mileage with new oil, hope it will increase.

deville_56

Honoured Member
It is mineral oil, not synthetic.
As far as I know scooters don't need fully synthetic oil.
One of the most heard statements, even mechanics turned me down during my initial ownership days saying full synthetic not needed for puny 150 cc bike. If all depends on how much you wanna spend on your machine. Fully synthetic offers longer drain intervals and better performance (not extra bhps, but easy revs and smoother operation).

Thread Starter #117
One of the most heard statements, even mechanics turned me down during my initial ownership days saying full synthetic not needed for puny 150 cc bike. If all depends on how much you wanna spend on your machine. Fully synthetic offers longer drain intervals and better performance (not extra bhps, but easy revs and smoother operation).
My mechanic also said that every other oil is below Castrol. He said he never used Motul Oil, he suggests Castrol oil for every vehicle that comes to him be it bike or scooter. Maybe because mechanics have some share in promoting Castrol oil.
Coming to synthetic oil he said he never saw anyone using it and said it should be used in Racing bikes.

Thread Starter #118
JUPITER TURNS 1:

I bought Jupiter on 14th October last year it's been very good experience with it till now.

I have covered almost 12000 kms on it in the past one year and it never had any break down, no punctures and accident.

Parts Changed till now-
1. Amco battery ( Covered in warranty)
2. CVT rollers and Hub
3. Drive belt
4. Gear Shaft

All above parts are changed under warranty. Other than this no other maintenance charges except for engine oil change. For first 4 free services i used TVS tru premium oil and recently switched to Motul Scooter LE.

The mileage has been around 45~46 within city traffic conditions which is decent. When revved hard it reduces to 42kmpl.

Had not so good experience with TVS after sales but now it is running fine and I am not going to visit TVS service anymore. Overall a very good product from TVS. It's very comfortable to ride in city , I use it for bringing groceries and all. You can fit gas cylinder or water can easily on footboard or carry load, Jupiter does it with ease.

The broad seat is very easy to sit for elders. I can keep helmet inside boot too.

And today I moved to another city and Jupiter is with my father now. I don't know when will be riding it again.

Thread Starter #119
Hello TAI, an off topic question here because I am unable to find answer to this.

So my brother bought Honda Shine Sp yesterday, 500ml of petrol was filled at the showroom and once we got out we immediately went to Petrol pump to get tank full. As seen in specifications fuel tank capacity of Honda shine is 10.5 litres.
But we got 11.54 litre petrol at pump then tank was full.

Did petrol pump guy fooled me or is it 12 litres tank?

I couldn't believe how it can take 12 litres while it is mentioned in specifications that capacity is 10.5 litres only?
When I asked that guy he said no sir capacity is 12 litres.

How is it possible? If anyone knows about this can you please clarify that?

bhvm

Honoured Member
XUV fuel tank is rated for 70 Litres officially but it takes in 74~75 litres when really empty (I do not recommend this). because about 5 liters is reserve. I do not have definite answer for bikes but it could be something like that. Plus, vehicles swallow some fuel for Pipes, Carb, Filter etc which is above the capacity of the tank.

Top Bottom