TVS Jupiter Titanium Grey BS-IV

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I don't know if visiting them again is worth it because it seems they haven't understood the issue in the first place.
Need suggestion, what should be done now?
If ASS is not able to find the root cause,then how can you be sure that a local,untrained roadside mechanic will find it??
Either give them one more chance or find another TVS ASS.

Thread Starter #92
I can't trust outside mechanic to fix it. If it was some small problem then I would have done it with outside mechanic but here even service centre is unable to find out.

If I have to see another ASC then I should better go to Hyderabad which is 100km from here.

Only option I have now is to go with same ASC.

Thread Starter #93
Good Evening everyone,

Jupiter spent another day at service centre and still they haven't fixed the issue. Jupiter was busy yesterday so took it to SC today, was asked to come in evening . I asked SA what they are going to do, to which he didn't have answer. I asked mechanic about what he is going to do to fix it, he said he will tighten all the nuts and bolts.

I asked him if they don't know then I will take it to Hyderabad and get it done there. Mechanic said let him try today so I left SC and went in the evening. Mechanic said they tried but unable to find root cause and they spoke to their head and he suggested that gears should be changed. It was not available in stock and may take one week or 10 days. Floor manager said they tried to get parts from outside automobile shop but didn't go for it.
I was like how can they use aftermarket parts ? I said I will wait for now and took Jupiter home.

Thread Starter #95
While coming back from SC my friend rode Jupiter, now after going out I noticed that front is making noise. Mechanic told me that he tightened T bolt and lubricated acceleration cable. But he might have forgotten to tighten it, when going over uneven road front end is making noise though acceleration has improved now.

Thread Starter #96
Jupiter problem is solved:-

Hello guys I have a good news to share with you. Today afternoon I got message from TVS to bring Jupiter as their Technical Manager was coming and would check Jupiter.

I was asked to be there by 4pm and I was there at 4:15pm. The TM took a test drive and my vehicle was taken inside. I was asked to sit in customer lounge. I asked them what they're doing now to which he said they will change gears shaft and check. I couldn't be infront of vehicle so did not take any photos.

Engine was opened and work was done very quickly. By 6 pm they took the vehicle out for test drive , after that I took the test drive and problem was solved. I came back and told TM that its fixed now, he said he will go for a test drive again and confirm. Then he went for a long ride and came back, said vehicle is running fine now. Then service manager took job card and showed replaced parts to TM. TM scolded them for changing parts which were not the cause of problem. Then manager came to me and asked me to pay bill to which I refused because the CVT Belt was in good condition still they changed it. I asked them to put old one back.

He gave me the keys and I left.
Am happy that problem is solved.

Thread Starter #100
What will happen to this new Jupiter, if sold to an unsuspecting customer?
I think they will not use the old shaft in a new vehicle, they had ordered part for my vehicle and when it arrives it would be installed in that unsold vehicle.

In other case, customer will not know about it and if he's unaware then he will ride it thinking its normal vibration.

Thread Starter #103
All's well that ends well, the suffering you faced for nearly a year has bourn fruit, enjoy your ride now.
Yes indeed. I am looking forward to have good memories with my ride now, looking to take it for long rides now and clock more miles.

I want to try new oil for Jupiter, what should be best for it I want to go for either Shell or Motul. Need suggestion which is good for scooters Mineral oil or Synthetic oil?
Stock oil is TVS tru premium 10w30 grade oil. Should I stick to stock one or go other grade oil?

Yes indeed. I am looking forward to have good memories with my ride now, looking to take it for long rides now and clock more miles.

I want to try new oil for Jupiter, what should be best for it I want to go for either Shell or Motul. Need suggestion which is good for scooters Mineral oil or Synthetic oil?
Stock oil is TVS tru premium 10w30 grade oil. Should I stick to stock one or go other grade oil?
They are all the same, use synthetic, and change @2/2.5k km range.

Thread Starter #105
11111.1 Landmark:
IMG-20190930-WA0003.jpg

can anyone tell me how to set throttle? The idle rpm was more so I had asked mechanic to reduce it, but now it is turning off at speed breakers or at low speeds in traffic.

IMG-20190930-WA0002.jpg

Top Bottom