TVS Jupiter Titanium Grey BS-IV

Thread Starter #76
He is saying this is a small part and it doesn't come under warranty, he even said clutch assembly also is not under warranty.

I guess I will have to talk with their helpline number.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Clutch does not cover under warranty. However this looks like a CVT part and should well be covered in warranty.

Thread Starter #79
Looks like these people just want to increase bill. It is now around 1230 for parts but still problem is not solved.

Also air filter was opened for the first time since I bought vehicle. I was shocked to see the amount of dirt it had accumulated. What a service from TVS. They are unable to find solutions to problems and are focusing on how to increase bill which customer has to bear.
IMG-20190920-WA0012_1568983630030.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0013.jpg

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Pay for it and get it over with!! But first see to it that your problem is solved totally. You should not pay upfront before that.

Sometimes you are made to haggle so much with them that it tires us out. It's not worth it. Also your time and energy is more precious. Since the amount is not huge, just go ahead with the change of New part and enjoy your ride after that.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #84
You should refuse to pay and move to consumer forum from here. First, the vehicle is in warranty. And how can they charge you for parts when problem is not solved?
Pay for it and get it over with!! But first see to it that your problem is solved totally. You should not pay upfront before that.

I would pay for it but my problem has to be solved first. I feel they didn't understand what is the actual problem. Everyone was standing around my vehicle trying to figure out what is the solution.

Sometimes you are made to haggle so much with them that it tires us out. It's not worth it. Also your time and energy is more precious. Since the amount is not huge, just go ahead with the change of New part and enjoy your ride after that.
I am very disappointed at their laziness. They won't let you stand near vehicle when it is being serviced. Today I found air filter in worst condition.it was never checked before it had so much of Dirt.

Thread Starter #85
You should refuse to pay and move to consumer forum from here. First, the vehicle is in warranty. And how can they charge you for parts when problem is not solved?
For now I have not paid any amount. He asked for complaint closure code which was sent to me. First I didn't give him because my issue was still not solved and he would close the complaint for now.

But he was very tensed and said he was given only one day time to solve my problem. I gave the number to him for now and he said take the vehicle on Monday. I asked him how will I manage without vehicle for 3 days then he asked me to take the vehicle with me and come back on Monday. He promised to solve the issue on Monday but I doubt that they haven't figured out solution for it.

Don't know what do now.

Thread Starter #88
Good afternoon everyone, took Jupiter for a short spirited run today on open road. For the first time tried to test it's high speed, the reason for it not going beyond 60 was clogged air filter. The difference can felt now it accelerates smoothly. Even it reached 80kmph without breaking sweat, I even took a corner at this speed and never for a moment I felt nervous.

Engine didn't feel too stressed at 80kmph I didn't push beyond that because it's not ideal speed for a scooter. But it does have capability to run faster and I am happy to know that. The stock tyres offer good road grip and scooter maintains it line it is confidence inspiring. NVH is well contained for this scooter, by the way I was riding solo.

Got a call yesterday from service centre and he asked me how is Jupiter performing now. I said it's same as before then he said bring it on Monday and they will check all the nuts and bolts. But I don't think it's about nuts and bolts.

I read my service manual and it says Jupiter comes with 2 years standard warranty and 3 years extended warranty. I will Post the pic which mentions parts covered under warranty and parts which are not covered under warranty.
Screenshot_2019-09-22-14-22-56-275_com.google.android.apps.docs.png
Screenshot_2019-09-22-14-23-18-546_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

Last edited:
Thread Starter #89
Hi everyone, got a call from service centre today. The service manager was asking me to bring the vehicle so they can try to find solution. I don't know if visiting them again is worth it because it seems they haven't understood the issue in the first place.

Need suggestion, what should be done now?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Go again and threaten with a consumer forum complaint if not solved this time. Keep sound recorder on. Record their statements and when they accept the presence of fault/ vibration.

Top Bottom