TVS Jupiter Titanium Grey BS-IV

Thread Starter #16
Hello everyone.... Yesterday I refilled petrol and got the mileage of 38. Did not cross 50kmph speed during this run with only city ride. With 4.94 litres of petrol bike run for 188 kilometres.

Hope mileage will increase after the first service. Any tips how to extract more mileage out of it?

Attaching the screenshot of fuel invoice..

Attachments

Hello everyone.... Yesterday I refilled petrol and got the mileage of 38. Did not cross 50kmph speed during this run with only city ride. With 4.94 litres of petrol bike run for 188 kilometres.

Hope mileage will increase after the first service. Any tips how to extract more mileage out of it?

That's a healthy average, max it will go upto 40-42 so drive the same way.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Anything between 40-45Kmpl will be good in city ride (You will achieve 50 plus only if you go on highway ride)

Fuel efficient driving - Avoid aggressive driving i.e avoid quick starting and hard breaking.

Instead of sudden breaking to stop, anticipate traffic flow as much as possible and coast to decelerate.

Maintain a steady speed. Check tire pressure at least once a month and maintain a proper pressure.
[:)]

Congratulations on your buy.

Actually TVS bikes are great engines but for the pathetic service part.

I own new Victor 2016 & am hunting for knowledgeable service technicians in TVS.

Thread Starter #22
Congratulations on your buy.

Actually TVS bikes are great engines but for the pathetic service part.

I own new Victor 2016 & am hunting for knowledgeable service technicians in TVS.
Actually we also have another TVS bike in our family, dad bought TVS Max 100R in 2003. Its an amazing bike from TVS, sweet exhaust note and 2-Stroke engine. Again I have chosen TVS product and am happy for my decision.

Our Indian manufacturers are also bringing quality products in the market with decent price, we are not far behind Japanese manufacturers. We just need to support them (Indian brands).

Thread Starter #23
The TVS Jupiter offers you more at a lower price compared to segment king Activa, you get 12" Alloy wheels, telescopic suspension at front, external fuel fill, eco and power mode and now offers SBT Synchronised Breaking Technology.

Activa should have offered these features way back but they still offer same things to people, they jus bring new color schemes and few changes in front and rear looks. Being the segment leader Honda should offer features to buyers.

Thread Starter #24
Hello everyone, here is the small update about mileage. This time I got average a little above 40. Engine is getting more comfortable with time and kilometers run. Till now no issues faced, jupiter is running smooth and I guess its sweet spot is around 50kmph, today I got the insurance papers from company.

Overall I am happy with the ride.

Salahuddin

Thread Starter #25
First Service Update :

Good morning everyone, today my jupiter went for 1st service. Bike has run 740 kilometres in 19 days. As per manual the first service has to be done between 500 - 750 kilometres. I took it to showroom today by 9:30 am and there was not much rush in the service center. The service advisor there was a known person and he assured me of the work done.

Few issues were, The brakes had become loose and idle rpm was more except for these, no issues whatsoever. I told him about the issues and they were taken care of. First they sent the bike for washing and then dried with cloth and air pump. Oil was changed, I asked the mechanic to change the transmission oil too as it is recommended in the service manual. He was saying that it is not necessary to change it in first service but I made sure he change it.

The 1 hour express delivery is prompt, they delivered me the vehicle within 1 hour as promised by TVS. Full marks to them on that. Overall the first service experience with TVS was satisfactory.

The mileage has increased and I am constantly getting around 45 kmpl and pretty happy with it. Vehicle is running smoothly between 40 - 50 kmph speed, engine is now settled I think, but have not driven it above 60 kmph till now.

~ Salahuddin

Thread Starter #26
1000 km milestone update :

Hello everyone, yesterday my Jupiter completed 1000 kilometres in just 25 days. Mileage is around 45 kmpl in City riding conditions.

Wanted to see how fast it can go and achieved top speed of 80, there were vibrations but not enough to make you nervous. It reached 60 within no time and was running smooth till 75 kmph.

I am very happy after buying Jupiter, no problems till now.

Thread Starter #27
Hello everyone, I need your advice /suggestions /help.

Actually I went to register my Jupiter today and found that I have to pay 2800 as extra tax because this is my second vehicle.

Before buying Jupiter I owned a hero honda splendor, I sold it and then bought jupiter but old bike is still on my name. The person who bought hasn't transferred the vehicle on his name.

They are saying that now I can't register the bike on someone else's name as TR number is generated on my name.

Also even if he (splendor owner) transfers the vehicle to his name now then also I have to pay 2800.

What should I do now?

Can anyone explain how much tax is levied on new vehicle and how it is calculated?

The ex showroom price here in Mahabubnagar is 58107 /_

9% life tax is 6557 /_

Insurance - 5792

On road price came to 72001.

Is that 2% extra equal to 2800???

help

Is life tax applied for ex showroom price or on road price?

Thread Starter #28
Observations after 1500 km

Pros :

The scooter is perfect for city driving conditions, the power is more than adequate and you never feel like it is underpowered in City conditions.

It reaches 50 kmph speed in no time and you can cruise comfortably around 50 - 55 kmph speeds.

No Engine Vibrations : You don't feel vibration even at the speeds of 65. Engine is very refined just like the one in Activa.

Comfort : Jupiter is indeed a comfortable scooter to drive compared to other Scooters but you will not get the comfort of Bikes.

Kitna deti hai : This is the thing which everyone considers with Scooters as we expect performance as well as mileage. But very few people know that Power and Economy are Inversely proportional to each other.
If one is more, the other will be less.

I get around 46 kmpl in City riding. Most of the rides are Solo and driven by me only. I don't follow thankful method. When I refill there will be
around 100ml fuel left. Initially I got around 40kmpl which gradually increased.

Cons

Power : Jupiter churns out 7.8 BHP while activa produces something around 8 BHP. It is not underpowered but takes its time to get there,its a matter of seconds.

Top Speed : I tested its top speed and it reached 75 kmph though it had some juice left in it but no worries as that is not the speed the bike will be running.

The TVS Jupiter offers you more at a lower price compared to segment king Activa, you get 12" Alloy wheels, telescopic suspension at front, external fuel fill, eco and power mode and now offers SBT Synchronised Breaking Technology.

Activa should have offered these features way back but they still offer same things to people, they jus bring new color schemes and few changes in front and rear looks. Being the segment leader Honda should offer features to buyers.
CBS in Honda and SBT in your Jupi are one and the same. The technology was ever first from Honda. I am not boasting since I own a Honda, but it is the truth. Now this technology has started being used in all makers, TVS, Suzuki, etc, in different names, but it is good for efficient braking.

No bike in India is 100% perfect. I love my Activa for its most refined engine, however compromise on the ride quality thanks to inferior old school front suspention, whereas Jupi gets telescopic ones in front. Also smaller wheels (10 inch) in Activa makes the ride quality inferior compared to the one offered by the 12 inch wheel in Jupi.

Comfort wise, I have to open the under-seat every time I fill, whereas you don't have to.

But I can vouch, Activa's engine is more refined and smoother than Jupi's [roll], sorry to say, but that's the fact. I preferred engine more to ride quality owing to our very minimal and very short distance usage in average road conditions, at speeds ranging between 30-35 kmph (kids' school commutes, weekend veg market trips, other errands).

Jupiter, all time, is a great rider and expect it to give a healthy mileage of around 52 kmpl after your services, and on a very smooth ride, especially single handed driving.

Happy and Safe Miles.

Regards
Kumar

Observations after 1500 km

Pros :

The scooter is perfect for city driving conditions, the power is more than adequate and you never feel like it is underpowered in City conditions.

It reaches 50 kmph speed in no time and you can cruise comfortably around 50 - 55 kmph speeds.

No Engine Vibrations : You don't feel vibration even at the speeds of 65. Engine is very refined just like the one in Activa.

Comfort : Jupiter is indeed a comfortable scooter to drive compared to other Scooters but you will not get the comfort of Bikes.

Kitna deti hai : This is the thing which everyone considers with Scooters as we expect performance as well as mileage. But very few people know that Power and Economy are Inversely proportional to each other.
If one is more, the other will be less.

I get around 46 kmpl in City riding. Most of the rides are Solo and driven by me only. I don't follow thankful method. When I refill there will be
around 100ml fuel left. Initially I got around 40kmpl which gradually increased.

Cons

Power : Jupiter churns out 7.8 BHP while activa produces something around 8 BHP. It is not underpowered but takes its time to get there,its a matter of seconds.

Top Speed : I tested its top speed and it reached 75 kmph though it had some juice left in it but no worries as that is not the speed the bike will be running.

Correction : Activa power 8.4 BHP...[:D]

Is regn over , if not I can comment a tip .
Please do Vishnu. Even I am shocked. Even I have two vehicles, but am unsure why this person has been billed 2800.00 extra for his second vehicle.

My Santro 2013 and Victor 2016 are in my name and I don't remember paying anything extra for registering second vehicle in my name, in the same RTO Poonamallee (Chennai).

Your valuable information would be very useful for every reader here.

Regards
Kumar

Top Bottom