TVS Apache RTR 200 4V. Should I Get One? Suggestions Please

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends ,
As the title suggests, please help me out friends. This July 20, I'll be turning 18 and so, I'm eager to get myself a good bike. Personally, I'm a fan of Naked Bikes. So the faired bikes are out.
Our present bike is the Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler, done about 40k kms. I have driven it extensively and it is a gem of a bike. Its goes all the way to 90 kmph, after which it struggles. Attaching some pictures of the Dazzler
Please help me out friends.

Thanks in advance

Dazzler 1.jpg

Dazzler 2.jpg

Dazzler 3-1.jpg

Dazzler 4-1.jpg

Dazzler 5-1.jpg

Dazzler-1.jpg

Mods, please merge both the posts

Re: TVS Apache RTR 200 4V - Should I get one ? - Suggestions Please !

tvs apache 200 is seriously a great package for price . go for it as its has good looks , pricing and also apache is knows for its power handling and balanced chassis . as compare to pulsar NS200 i would prefer apache 200 any day. plus i think this apache is also loaded with features also also ABS is available .

Thread Starter #3

Yeah ! Its a great bike, no doubt. But the problem is my dad had a very tough time in selling my cousin's RTR 160. Bought it pre-owned for Rs 50k. Rode 2k-3k kms, in 6 months and sold it for Rs 38k. The main reason for selling the bike is that it started to vibrate past 70 kmph. We have another RTR 160 in our family. It was bought in 2012 and it has done 40k kms. It also has the same problem

The cons with TVS is-
1.Resale value will be poor
2.Lubricants and other spares are not at that great levels like fellow competers-like Honda and Yamaha.

With my experience with Apache RTR 180, i wouldn't recommend TVS to anyone,especially the ride position wasn't favourable to me.

Thread Starter #5

The cons with TVS is-
1.Resale value will be poor
2.Lubricants and other spares are not at that great levels like fellow competers-like Honda and Yamaha.

With my experience with Apache RTR 180, i wouldn't recommend TVS to anyone,especially the ride position wasn't favourable to me.
I second that. During my dad's visit to the TVS Plant, he observed the same. The spares weren't handled well and they were not of good quality. If not the Apache RTR 200, suggest me some other bikes in the 200cc category.

Last edited:
Bajaj Pulsar AS200, KTM Duke (RC200 as well as normal).
Honda has only CBR 250R ,in the bracket.

Pulsar AS 200-Like all other Pulsars,it is stable,planted,but ride is not upto the mark(Suspension though improved ,it falls behind competers,but can manage up)- Its a bike for rider who needs above average handling and performance,but look wise its best.

KTM- Good power.The spares are durable,hence they are tad costlier.First service costs 3500 here.

Honda- Durable engine.The chain needs frequent tightening.(Pulsar also needs it)

Thread Starter #7
Bajaj Pulsar AS200, KTM Duke (RC200 as well as normal).
Honda has only CBR 250R ,in the bracket.

Pulsar AS 200-Like all other Pulsars,it is stable,planted,but ride is not upto the mark(Suspension though improved ,it falls behind competers,but can manage up)- Its a bike for rider who needs above average handling and performance,but look wise its best.

KTM- Good power.The spares are durable,hence they are tad costlier.First service costs 3500 here.

Honda- Durable engine.The chain needs frequent tightening.(Pulsar also needs it)
Pulsar AS 200 is a good choice buddy. Coming to the KTM twins, the performance is mind blowing. But, the rear seat comfort is not so good. Moreover the RC 200 is a bit costly. What about the Honda CBR 150R ? Will it be a good choice ?

If you are a tall guy consider Pulsar AS150. This is different monster than existing Pulsar 150 ug4.5. I have done 5000kms in 5 months and it does 110km top speed with no strain or vibrations. I did not choose Pulsar AS200 because it is not refined and lot of vibration felt. TD the Pulsar AS150 you will like it but at one condition if you are tall guy. The main advantage is power + FE that no bike in current market gives. Even you ripp the engine it yields 47 to 50kmpl. If you be sedate you even get 55kmpl.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Thank you guys. Will visit the Honda Showroom to check the CBR twins, in a day or two. My friends doesn't like me going for the Apache. So will check the CBR twins. Incase of CBR 150R, what are the mileage figures, manuverability in the city, rear seat comfort. Friends please shed some light on these.

No offence / disrespect to TVS owners,

But you can't except the same reliability / Longevity from TVS machine comparing to Honda.

@Arijitb
I was of the same opinion about TVS bikes.But the way they are abused and uncared is another story.With the new TVS BMW collaboration,we can expect much better this time,though the product is not a JV. I would say to the thread starter guy to do a TD before he goes for any other options.His story of lossing money on a second hand two wheeler is always true as when it becomes 3rd owner a two wheeler will loss its resale value.

Previously having riding experience in RTR 180, I cannot vouch for its seating position. It gives back pain in long drives. Also in short drives, I started to feel pain in my neck. But the engine is good. It has good performance. So no doubt on the 200's performance. And 200 has ABS. A nice move after the poor rear brake performance in RTR 180(In my opinion). So if you are ok with the seating position, yes, you can go for RTR 200.

Top Bottom