TVS Apache RTR 160 Technical Questions

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys, i own Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge. I wanted to know, what is cause of vibration in the bike? Is there any solutions to prevent it? Does it depend on Engine oil,TVS Tyre? I have done my 3rd free service. My bike has covered around 2.2k Kms. So i wanted to change the Engine oil brand. Can anyone tell me which is best engine oil suited for Apache? I heard about Motul 300v. Is it any good?Some say it reduces vibration and smotthen engine and give better mileage and don't know how it's related. What is Engine Oil Grade?

Last edited:
Re: Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge

You cannot remove vibrations, not unless you do some serious engineering modifications to the engine/mechanical architecture which is beyond the scope of any mechanic. Riding in the correct gear for a given engine speed and changing gears at the correct rpm would reduce vibrations by a large margin. Try changing the gears at various rpms and you would get a hang of this. No point going in for expensive engine oils as the Apache is not a high performance superbike. Go for the recommended grade of engine oil (Apache should be 20W/40 or 20W/50 - check in the owner's manual). TVS dealerships use the TVS TRU4 engine oil on all TVS bikes and that oil is good enough.

Re: Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge

Go for fully synthetic engine oils.I used it in my apache rtr and it reduced the vibrations and giving a good performance.:D

Apache RTR 160 Front Fork Sounds

I own apache rtr 160 and when i take the bike on humps the front fork sounds "cheeo" "tak".So can anyone help please?

Thank you.

Re: Rear disc brake fpr apache rtr160

I own apache rtr 160 and when i take the bike on humps the front fork sounds "cheeo" "tak".So can anyone help please?

Thank you.
Can i install rear disc brakes to apache rtr 160?If yes how much does costs?
1> tak...tak sound might be coming from cone set and not from front forks . So double check this and if its coming from front forks then it need to be overhauled or may be need to replace Fork Oil .

2> YES yoy can install disk brake in old RTR models but you might need to get 1> New alloy wheel 2> a complete disk brake kit (master cylender,hose pipe , Disk , Caliper ) 3> You need to replace swing arm also 4> new brake paddle is required . this all might cost you somewhere 10000INR easily . So think again .

Re: Rear disc brake fpr apache rtr160

Hello guys, i own Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge. I wanted to know, what is cause of vibration in the bike? Is there any solutions to prevent it? Does it depend on Engine oil,TVS Tyre? I have done my 3rd free service. My bike has covered around 2.2k Kms. So i wanted to change the Engine oil brand. Can anyone tell me which is best engine oil suited for Apache? I heard about Motul 300v. Is it any good?Some say it reduces vibration and smotthen engine and give better mileage and don't know how it's related. What is Engine Oil Grade?
Vibes, nothing much you can do about it. Tighten the engine mounts and use Motul 5100. If not use the yamalube for R15. I personally had problems with Motul 300v, the oil would just vanish after 2-3k kms.

Thank you.
Not the Forks. Its the cone set. 350 bucks is all u got to spend.

Can i install rear disc brakes to apache rtr 160?If yes how much does costs?
Swingarm
Alloy
Brake disc, caliper and accessories.
expect 8000 bucks.

Why didnt u go for the Rear disc variant?

And my apache rtr 160 handle bars shake swiftly at the speed of 60km/h and not more or less than 60km/h..What would be the problem?Please help.

Try gulf engine oil 20w40. And as far as i know each and every bike has vibration at certain rpm's. So we should maintain the speeds where there is no vibration. For e.g bike engine could vibrate at 3000 rpm but remains smooth below or above 3000 rpm.

Top Bottom