TS-200 Universal Steering Remote

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I had ordered for this item on autotrends, Cost was 550/-. First point I would like to mention is about the seller, was really co-operative when I called him up asking about my doubts and he shipped it via Fedex, delivered to my doorstep in less than 2 days. Really impressed!!

After unpacking, I discovered that the remote has a nice handy feel about it, and build quality is average, usable. The remote body is attached to a bracket, which is supposed to be fitted onto the steering wheel. The remote is not the learning type but actually has the codes of various remotes which need to be programmed in the remote before you can use it. The codes are mentioned on the user pamphlet which comes on the box.
The remote actually is slightly bigger than the Pioneer, but the build quality is not as good as the pioneer. The volume, fwd, back, Ent and power buttons are back lit which is a plus point, but the buttons themselves are not as plush in feel.

The biggest thing to get used to is the change in position of the volume buttons. On the pioneer one they just felt so ergonomic and natural that getting used to this setup would be a pain. The TS 200 mimics all the pioneer functions including the ones it does not have like ability enter the browse mode for the folders on the flash drives.

Overall for its price its a VFM buy.

Attachments

Hi, Welcome to TAI. Lookz like a Handy product. Will definitely come to use for people who don't have steering mounted controls.
I never knew, such thing exists. [;)]

Thread Starter #4
hi visran & dharmesh thanks for your warm welcome
yes its really a nice & handy product n very easy to use, it comes with a warranty of 6 months

and you are right dharmesh its definitely usefull for those who don't have steering mounted controls & its not that costly too a truly VFM product

hi visran & dharmesh thanks for your warm welcome
yes its really a nice & handy product n very easy to use, it comes with a warranty of 6 months

and you are right dharmesh its definitely usefull for those who don't have steering mounted controls & its not that costly too a truly VFM product
I have heard that these remotes do not function if the steering is slightly turned.It only works if the steering is in centre and thr infrared rays are completely aligned to the HU.
Is it so ?

I am thinking of buying a steering remote and want something like this.But without the above issue and with a cleaner/less button device.

Well this thing looks a bit extra loaded up with buttons, but anyways its a good thing to sell at my store.
Anyways thanks for the feed.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
I have heard that these remotes do not function if the steering is slightly turned.It only works if the steering is in centre and thr infrared rays are completely aligned to the HU.
Is it so ?

I am thinking of buying a steering remote and want something like this.But without the above issue and with a cleaner/less button device.
Yes, you may be right but frankly speaking I didn't face any such problem yet, for me its working fine & I am quite happy with its performance, its a VFM product

is it an wired remote?

I think it only track change options so I think to change the folders we have to tuch the hu.

Hi sbhokray,
the remote is not wired, it connects to the HU via infrared.
To change the folders you need to press the ENT button then you can scroll via navigation keys

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using this exact same remote on my ride for close to 2 yrs now and it is doing its job well!! Yes, when the steering is tilted it does not really respond to your press but the best part is, you can move the remote the way u want so it catch the signals Its all worth 500/-

I own a Beat LT Petrol. My HU provided by Chevy does not comes with in-built Remote. Just wanted to know if this universal Remote still work? How can I check it before buying?

Thread Starter #11
I own a Beat LT Petrol. My HU provided by Chevy does not comes with in-built Remote. Just wanted to know if this universal Remote still work? How can I check it before buying?
Hi,
The universal steering remote which I am using is Compatible with,

SONY
ALPINE
CLARION
PANASONIC
PANASONIC DVD
PIONEER
JVC AUDIO
JVC DVD
KENWOOD

First of all you will have to check the manufacturer of the HU in your car, if in case its not from the above mentioned names then different remotes are also available aftermarket. You can check directly at any accessory shop.

Buy the one which you have to prgramme first with the HU remote control.That will do the job.

Hi,
The universal steering remote which I am using is Compatible with,

SONY
ALPINE
CLARION
PANASONIC
PANASONIC DVD
PIONEER
JVC AUDIO
JVC DVD
KENWOOD

First of all you will have to check the manufacturer of the HU in your car, if in case its not from the above mentioned names then different remotes are also available aftermarket. You can check directly at any accessory shop.
Do you think it will be compatible with stock HU of i10 sportz?

Top Bottom