Trying to trade in my new i10 asta auto for a used car - A wise decision??

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

Part I -->>It's been a year and four months I have bought my i10 auto asta. Few months back the classic steering rattle ( a tak tak kar tak sound while going on bad roads) started on my car. It's a design flaw actually. To get it sorted I went to highest authority. They promised me entire rack change, but I honestly feel that will only complicate problems.[frustration]
Rest my car's mileage is good, its easy to drive.

part II -->> After this I thought of selling it off and going for
1. New alto k10 vxi
2. Used SX4 VVT
3. Used Dzire / new Dzire, petrol/diesel
4. Mod my i10 and put in alloys and fatter tires and live with the steering rattle.
5. Wait for new swift (though I hate rattles)
[confused]

I like problem free cars. Having driven almost across the globe, brand is not an issue, nor I want to show off.

Seeking your help in arriving a decision. I do lots of highway drives. Covered 21000 in year and 4 months on my i10 auto.

Re: Trying to trade in my new i10 asta auto for a used car -- A wise decision??

Depends on your financial position.

i10 has a very good resale value.

Alto or mod your i10? since you bought them modding the i10 is best option for used alto.
since the book is in your name and you got them brand new!

trading them for used swift diesel with low run on odo is another wise option!

if you have auto and getting good average then i would suggest keep it . SX4 is also good car but i heard it also have some rattle issue i might be wrong .

One more thing no matter which car you buy they all will have some issue . nothing is perfect ;)

Thread Starter #4

Friends, keep your thoughts coming. Financially I would like to be wise, rather than just spend here and there.
I agree, no car is perfect. But want to be doubly sure that i get max for every penny spent. At the same time I hope I would not become penny wise pound foolish by taking some drastic decision. Hence I would like to have your views.

So do comment again to help me arrive at a wise decision.

AMG

Suspended

Do you plan some hardcore mods on your car?

Thread Starter #6

Nope. Only good set of alloys and tires. Nothing more.

AMG

Suspended

Do you want an auto or a manual?

Its really sad that you want to trade of almost a new car within a year. If budget is not a constraint go for SX4. On the other hand you can try VW stable also say Polo/Vento.

well tradeoff of your new car would lower the resale value of your car since its very much new with lower mileage run.Wont make sense to loose out that much of money,try to get things sorted out at hyundai with steering rack and enjoy your vehicle with some nice set of alloys and better shoes.i10 is a very good hatchback so thats my opinion.

Amiti your running is a bit high and mostly on highways so why don you go for a diesel?

And yes this steering rattle has begun to come in my friend's i20 also now![frustration]

But changing a car for this steering rattle IMO is not wise , switch over to alloys and fatter tyres , switching from OE tyres itself improves the ride quality a lot.

Thread Starter #11

@amg -- I will go for a manual transmission now as my dad wont be driving it.

@krish -- I would like to stick to used SX4 or new alto k10 (maruti brand) or another option is newer version of swift diesel or vista qjd.
That way I will stay in budget of 6 lacs.

@vijay -- I am keeping this as option II

@dhaya -- Yes my running is high. Diesel was on the list but this car was mostly for my dad and it was automatic. Hence i10 auto.

Lets see, i will weigh all options and thanks. Do keep commenting.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended

Get either a Fiesta 1.6,(hopefully S) and you will love it.
Or go for Octy RS
Or the Alto K10 LXi.

These three cars will fulfil your need for adrenaline.

@amiti - This steering problem affects almost all Hyundai i10, i20 cars even new Sonata( not i45) in USA.In one car the Steering Rack was replaced three times with no end in sight.This issue requires a recall but Hyundai are avoiding it.

IMO - as retaining or even mods will not solve problem but complicate it further so sell this car as it poses a definite safety risk .

The following below the options I suggest

• Maruti A- star Automatic if space is not that priority, whats more you get ABS as standard in automatic version.

• Ford Figo diesel Titanium not only it is a good car with ample bot space and features it comes with dual airbags and ABS it is also within your budget.

• Chevrolet Beat if you don't mind its looks go for it in LT option pack at ex showroom price of 4.7 lakhs.It will be coming in diesel shortly.

• Alto K10 is good car but I would suggest don't go for it.
Hyundai i10 commands premium so it is easy to sell the car.Don't go for second hand car as niggles are plenty.

AMG

Suspended

@ Cortina

Why the A-Star auto on the list? [confused]

@ Cortina Agree with your above points but how is the steering rattle a safety risk? And no not all used cars have niggles , a well maintained car will be trouble free.

@ AMG I think as Amiti already has an auto Cortina has added A-Star auto in his list. Cortina must have missed his post saying he doesn need an auto now.

Top Bottom