Trip With Might Xylo From Leh To Ladakh

sorry to hear about the accidents. could you tell us the nature of the accident and the reason they rejected the claim?

Thread Starter #19
The Car been hit to walls on Sunday night driven by my driver after seeing the Damage Driver ran away he even has my car keys not able to find him called to his relatives Hope atleast i'll get my Car Keys back

the worst Part ICICI Lombard will not pass my Insurance Claim this time to as they rejected last time

This time its Major Damagar
Front Bumper, Both Fenders, Bonnet, Head Lamps
Engine been lil bit moved from its Mounted Place, Gear Box also stucked, Radiator & Condenser are damage, Engine Started has dent too. Front wind Shield Glass. the bad luck was during towing the Xylo the Crane guy broke the Rear Glass too.

Still car has not surveyed by Insurance Guy and still i've not exact Estimate of Damage.

I'll sale this car after repairing its been kind of bad Luck to me.
I really loved the Car.

Attachments

Feeling bad looking at the sad state of the car. What reason did insurance pals say for rejecting the claim? Also you said your claim has been rejected previously as well. Does that mean this is second incident for your car?

I guess the rear left side suspension is also damaged.

Sad to see your car in this state. I am still not able to understand how your driver could do this brutal damage to the car. And why is the insurance company not obeying the policy?

About selling your car, i do feel the decision is right.

you can post it on the website like bloomberg utv for them denying the claims etc. (fightback@utvmoney.com) . but would want to know the reasons for not honouring the claim.

does it have to do with the fact that the driver ran away?

Thread Starter #23
They Rejected the Claim due to car was on hire basis.Attaching the Letter

I used my Car for daily Office purpose with My Driver
in my Company (L&T) you need a separate pass for Vehicle entry.
The First accident Scenario was like
The bad luck is my insurance was renewed on 14 Jan 2012 online
The Surveyor came on 15 Jan 2012 for Inspection he took all photos
and the car had accident on 16 Jan 2012 Morning
by that my claim got third party investigation due to claim instantly after few days of renew.
Now the Investigator came to my office, he took the all details like my L&T I card, DL, RC book, Policy Paper, My Bank Statement,
than he moved to Security Main gate of My Company he got the details of my car like in - out time, Gate Pass Copy,

by all above documents he proved that my car is on contract basis with L&T.
and he said for query you have to approach Consumer Court

After this i learned that never give your personal details to Insurance Surveyor or Investigator
i made huge mistake by giving gate pass copy, bank statement & my i card.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sorry about the accidents . Its really a tuff time and nothing to guess about the accidents how it happened and your decisons is right.

If the car was a personal car how can they prove that it was on hire?

I am confused about your statement.

Since you are working in L & T You could always prove that the car is your personal vehicle and the gate pass is necessary for entry to the parking lot etc.

Else if it was a company owned car, then i guess they will always find reasons to reject your claim.

If you are not hiding anything i suggest you take up your fight higher up.

I second what Superbad has said.

It is clear it is for private use and your log in and out proves so, moreover how does your bank statement become relevant and what did they proove with this.

I am confused but would urge you to take it up with irda.

But on a different note it was really SAD to see the mighty Xylo, which has taken on the even mightier heights of the Ladakh Himalayas, lying unattended in a broken condition beside a garbage vat.

Seems like Truth of life when we all are carried to the cremation center.

Changing the car seems to be the correct choice, but take another Xylo.

Thread Starter #27
I second what Superbad has said.

Seems like Truth of life when we all are carried to the cremation center.

Changing the car seems to be the correct choice, but take another Xylo.
Well i already tried every thing for getting the Claim amount but the Lombard people only use to say sir you bought online policy so you've to talk directly to customer care & for rejection or dissatisfaction you can go to Consumer Court

As per my colleagues and Insurance experts they said the Consumer Court option will be so long and you've spend so much of Money & time for that and its not sure the consumer court decision will come in your favor

For bank Statement there was a transaction of 28k- 33K every month of my salary as i am on PO base. and that transaction they count as Rental Charges of Car

I dont know why all this happened with me I really feel bad luck,
I really loved the car i made so many road trips in that.

Will sell soon, and ya will go for Mini Xylo or Scorpio for Sure. If i ll get a good Price of this.

Now just praying this time if i will be lucky so may be chances of getting Insurance Claim Amount but as per Insurance friends they already said if a company reject once then they never accept the claim again in that term.

Attachments

Well i already tried every thing for getting the Claim amount but the Lombard people only use to say sir you bought online policy so you've to talk directly to customer care & for rejection or dissatisfaction you can go to Consumer Court

As per my colleagues and Insurance experts they said the Consumer Court option will be so long and you've spend so much of Money & time for that and its not sure the consumer court decision will come in your favor

For bank Statement there was a transaction of 28k- 33K every month of my salary as i am on PO base. and that transaction they count as Rental Charges of Car

I dont know why all this happened with me I really feel bad luck,
I really loved the car i made so many road trips in that.

Will sell soon, and ya will go for Mini Xylo or Scorpio for Sure. If i ll get a good Price of this.

Now just praying this time if i will be lucky so may be chances of getting Insurance Claim Amount but as per Insurance friends they already said if a company reject once then they never accept the claim again in that term.

again its a matter of giving up early. atleast you should have tried

you should try the fightback helpline and tell them the whole story of how ICICI is trying to reject your claim by giving wrong explanations.

any bad publicity which goes in the media , the company is likely to settle the matter amicably. [;)]

you can post the whole story as it to the fightback@utvmoney (please check the bloomberg utv site for details). they have helped me once in online shopping case and i had got prompt reply for the company. so dont hesitate .

Best of luck with your claim.

Top Bottom