Trip to Valparai: A Travelogue

Good Travelogue,
How is the condition of roads in Krishnagiri-valapari section?
Is the climate foggy in this regions bad enough for driving in December. heard these regions are foggy.
My planned route is Banglore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Yercaud-Bhavani-Pollachi-Valapari.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thread Starter #123
Good Travelogue,
How is the condition of roads in Krishnagiri-valapari section?
Is the climate foggy in this regions bad enough for driving in December. heard these regions are foggy.
My planned route is Banglore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Yercaud-Bhavani-Pollachi-Valapari.

Any help is much appreciated.
Last I traveled, Krishnagiri to bhavani was in great condition. Not sure about Bahvani-Pollachi stretch. Pollachi-Valparai was in great condition.

We did the Avnashi-Pollachi route which was also pretty good.

Fog might be there only in the mornings.

I suppose you would be breaking journey at Yercaud.

Last I traveled, Krishnagiri to bhavani was in great condition. Not sure about Bahvani-Pollachi stretch. Pollachi-Valparai was in great condition.
From krishnagiri, the best route will be via Salem, peundurai, kangeyam, palladam and pollachi. I have been on this stretch before. The kangeyam-palladam stretch is a treat to drive. Palladam-pollachi route is full of wind mills.
Pollachi -Valparai ghat road with 40 hair pin bends is a bliss to drive.
May be to avoid salem, you chose the bhavani option. I would suggest one more alternative.
Just before paying toll at Salem, take a turn to your right into Omalur town. Then go via Tharamangalam, konganapuram and sankagiri to rejoin the NH47 after the sankagiri toll.
This is a good option too.

Thread Starter #127
From krishnagiri, the best route will be via Salem, peundurai, kangeyam, palladam and pollachi. I have been on this stretch before. The kangeyam-palladam stretch is a treat to drive. Palladam-pollachi route is full of wind mills.
Pollachi -Valparai ghat road with 40 hair pin bends is a bliss to drive.
May be to avoid salem, you chose the bhavani option. I would suggest one more alternative.
Just before paying toll at Salem, take a turn to your right into Omalur town. Then go via Tharamangalam, konganapuram and sankagiri to rejoin the NH47 after the sankagiri toll.
This is a good option too.
Thank you Suresh_gs! This was not the route I took. I was only replying to another members query about road conditions on certain stretches.

We took the krishnagiri - Salem - Avnashi - Pollachi - Valparai route.

Thank you Suresh_gs! This was not the route I took. I was only replying to another members query about road conditions on certain stretches.

We took the krishnagiri - Salem - Avnashi - Pollachi - Valparai route.
The next time you plan to visit Valparai, try to go via Salem, Perundurai, Kangeyam and Palladam to Pollachi.

Top Bottom