Trip to Pondicherry from Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
hello people,
Wanted quick help with pondicherry trip. I am planning to travel to pondicherry this Friday, 24th and some of the hotels(around 10 of them [frustration]) which i tried checking for accommodation, have told me that they are fully booked...
Can someone help by telling me if it is easier to find room accommodation after reaching there or during Christmas it gets completely booked! since some places which i called are all taken up, i thought that i could reach pondi and then look for a place since there would be numerous hotels/lodges there.

your help would be highly appreciated!

Regards,
Saurabh

Thread Starter #3
couldnt get any certain input around this from any end and hence calling off this trip! didnt want to take chance with my 10 month daughter travelling with us where the accommodation is not sure.!

350Z

Core Team
We have a few members (Ilango, Surendar) from that area who can definitely help you, though they might have missed this thread. Please try reaching them through PM.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey buddy, just a small piece of information. Avoid the usual Thiruvanamalai route, from Krishnagiri, as its in a very bad state with a lot of potholes. Instead, take the Chennai road till Kanchipuram and then a deviation, which will take you to Tindivanam.

My friends recently went to Pondy and they stayed in a Hotel called 'Ginger'. The cost was Rs.1999/- for two.

Thread Starter #6
thx so much guys, i have scrapped the plan for now. the plan is on for second week of Feb though. thx again!

@quitefar try to contact people atleast 1 week before . SO that others can help you better . well 350Z has already gave you member name .

Thread Starter #8
yes, i agree and had i got that kind of time for planning i would have gotten reservations itself [:D] the plan finalized suddenly and knowing that christmas is around i was skeptical..when called up hotels, got to know that all were booked and hence couldnt think of anything else but to take help from someone on the forum. of-course, catching up with someone when you need can happen coincidentally... in this case it didnt. I am good for now, lets see the next time.
btw, i am heading to Innovative Film city this saturday! photos coming soon folks.

Oh sorry to miss this thread.

Pondicherry is like mini GOA atleast ,
Lot of things happening here , from ashrams to good scenery places like beach , boat house , shopping etc to Bar , pubs , discotheque , dopes etc

So the city is full of people , 30% for the former and 60% for the latter .
Not only on special days , but also in week end . Add friday too in the week end list.

Rooms are generally booked through out . and yep i almost got 2 to 3 calls for rooms in pondicherry and one being out member , racerdabba!

So if you plan to come on friday , saturday and sunday , book some 2 weeks back and dont be surprised to find lot of KA , KL cars here.!

+1 to Ilango! Pondicherry is almost like Goa , its a party town! Getting rooms is difficult and now its also coupled along with Christmas and New Year , so its really difficult.

For February tour rush must be relatively lesser , but make sure you book your rooms well in advance!

Thread Starter #11
Well, just an update, the trip to pondicherry is in making for 1st week of January. planning to be there for 7th and 8th.
folks, really require help with the route! has anyone done bangalore pondicherry in near term? i have heard that the road from krishnagiri to tindivanam is in bad shape! need recommendations for the same.

Well, just an update, the trip to pondicherry is in making for 1st week of January. planning to be there for 7th and 8th.
folks, really require help with the route! has anyone done bangalore pondicherry in near term? i have heard that the road from krishnagiri to tindivanam is in bad shape! need recommendations for the same.

Try this route
bangalore - chennai- pondicherry
4 lane throughout[clap]

As Ilango said you can reach Chennai first , take Chennai bye-pass then travel through GST road till Dindivanam and then proceed to Pondicherry from there. But if you want to enjoy driving in a scenic route and don mind travelling some extra KMS and time you should definitely try out ECR!

I would suggest go through the route mentioned first while going and return through ECR!

Thread Starter #14
thx guys, but if i am not wrong, driving via chennai would be around 100 kms extra..isnt it so. hence i wont be much inclined since i am travelling with my young daughter(10 months) and hence dont want to go for a longer drive..
i was more concerned about the shortest path which is Bangalore-krishnagiri-Tiruvanamalai-tindivanam-pondicherry.
queries:

1. Is the route doable? i hear from people that the road is not very good. i am still fine if its about going slow via this route.
  2. if with a little deviation there is a better available route, please suggest the same.

The route which you have mentioned is the shortest possible route. I think the stretch between Krishnagiri to Tiruvannamalai is a little bad but still not very worse , you can do a good 80kmph on those roads , but watch out for huge potholes! Once you reach Tindivanam roads will be better again.

I think you will be travelling in day , so no issues!

Top Bottom