Trip to K.Gudi

Thread Starter #1
Folks, I'm planning to go to K.Gudi this weekend. Need suggestions from people who have visited on
  • Is it a good time to go considering the rains
  • What route to take? Kanakpura road Vs Mysore road?

Well Pahujaamit i had been there 3 years back and i will give you the complete plot.

For K.Gudi Forest Resort i think you have to book a room in M.G road, you may get all the info in this link:
[Jungle Lodges and Resorts Ltd]-[Wildlife and Adventure Ecotourism Destination]

I think they may charge 1000/head as its off-season now.Well its better if not best.
Keep an important point: There will be frequent power cuts there(We were told to bring emergency lamps).
Considering the rains,it will be a good time to enjoy nature with rain,But be aware of the LEECHES! They are a real hell and a spoilsport in this place especially.
Make sure that your car's Tyre pressure is good enough because the roads will be bad from Chamarajanagar or Yelandur(something with that place).

If you take Kanakapura Road you have to leave early from your home.As the road is narrow and shorter in width.

The routes from Kanakapura-Malavalli-Kollegala-Yelandur-K,gudi(not sure about it as i have not went through this route)
From Mysore road-Maddur take a left at the signal Malavalli-Kollegala-Yelandur-K-gudi.
If you need a straight road without confusions:
Mysore-Nanjanagudu-Chamarajanagar-Direct K-gudi
After K-gudi there is B.R Hills where the accommodation is good i will upload some pics of the rented home we stayed there.There is also a Veg hotel in B.R Hills

BTW which car are you going?

@Pahujaami:
In addition to what Vishwas has mentioned:
The best route is Kanakapura-Malavalli-Kollegala-Yelandur-BRT-K,gudi.90% good roads and its a single lane road. You can do decent speeds but always watch out for shoulders. The private buses are hell out here.
Once you reach BRT checkpost, the roads are jungle roads with thick forest cover. Roads are decent enough to drive.
Please drive slowly as you are sure to spot wild life there.
Plan to leave early may be at 6am. It should be around 5hrs drive. At BRT, you can also visit the temple there and head towards the camp.

You should show the booking receipt at the check post. They may ask for some tips.
Not many hotels en-route.

There is an another resort which is superb one. Fed up of Jungle Lodges.

http://gorukana.org/

Check this out. its so clean and nice but bit expensive. About 3500 per person per night with all food inclusive.

Had been there a few months ago, Liked it.

Thread Starter #5
Dear RAKNath,

I must thank you sincerely for recommending me to stay at gorukana instead of Jungle lodges. I visited Gorukana last week and it was amazing place with great hosts. Thanks again. I'm in process of writing the blog of my journey. Will post the link here when done.

Amit

Top Bottom