Trip to JOG FALLS (Karnataka)

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,
This is my travelogue to a beautiful destination called Jog Falls in Shimoga Karnataka.
This was covered on july the previous year.
It was a 3 days trip.

ROUTE via Tumkur -Arsikere-Kadur-Kemmanuugundi-Bhadravathi -Shimoga-Sagar-Jog Falls

DAY 1:
We left Bangalore around 6.00 am took the above route and went to Kemmanugundi.
The journey was all in the beautiful rains, throughout the journey, And to the maximum extent i had used my Automatic Wiper of my Scorpio.
It was not the correct time to visit to Kemmanugundi as it was raining heavily and roads had gone badly.
But the Scenery there was beautiful. There is a beautiful garden in kemmanugundi.
On the way we went towards a temple called Veerabhadreshwara Temple, Which you have to visit after crossing the water stream( It was ice cold). The water gushes and you have to cross it.
On the same day we headed towards Shimoga halted there.

DAY 2
We vacated the room in Shimoga. Headed towards Jog Falls. WoW what a beauty ,the water was gushing all through the rocks.
Then we went to a ashram, It has a pond called Shreedar theerta which is a sacred pond.
The journey was a beautiful one allthrough rain rain and rain......

The roads Esp highways was superb.

Constantly i could steer with 90-100kmph.
As it was raining i didnt try to push my vehicle hard and was within limits and i got a decent mileage of 12.5 /litre

Think i have bored you guys, So will post loads of pics.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Yes i edited it. Have added the pics now. Wish i could add some more pics.
As currently i am restricted to add only 25 pics per post.[surprise]

Hey cool photos man , the climate is awesome! The Scorpio would have served you well here also. I have never travelled in a trip full of showers , will love to do so! It is always fun to drive in rain where we and the others also will drive with a constant speed and we can enjoy the rain and the climate!

BTW is it raining now in Bangalore?? And what is the orange symbol shown in the left of the rear view mirror which i can see in most of the photos??

lovely snaps ... looks like you had a grand trip!!
But me too have the same question as Cooldhaya.

excellent pics. You must have enjoyed driving in wet conditions. For me driving+rains is an exciting combination.

350Z

Core Team
Beautiful Place, It must have been a breeze to drive on that clean and empty stretch, Also thanks to the pleasant weather. Your Scorpio returned a fairly nice mileage but you could have achieved a little more on such plain roads.

BTW is it raining now in Bangalore?? And what is the orange symbol shown in the left of the rear view mirror which i can see in most of the photos??
It rained yesterday in Delhi as well but unfortunately not in my area and that symbol on IRVM is Mahindra's "Intellipark" system which is available only on top-end VLX version, or in simple words it is the reverse parking sensor.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Oh thats good , but its scorching heat here in Chennai!![frustration] Temperatures have gone upto even 42!!

Oh , hmmm then how does that work?? Does it shows some kind of signal or warning when we get close to another object while reversing??

yes cooldhaya, its a normal reverse sensor system which shows the direction of the obstacle & the distance to it while reversing. the direction of the obstacle is shown below the symbol which is actually a car. the distance is shown on the right side.

Thread Starter #12
Hey cool photos man , the climate is awesome! The Scorpio would have served you well here also. I have never travelled in a trip full of showers , will love to do so! It is always fun to drive in rain where we and the others also will drive with a constant speed and we can enjoy the rain and the climate!

Thanks cooldhaya, Yeah its raining here and bangalore has been much cooler for last few days.
Yes buddy no niggles during that rainy drive .
I maintained a constant speed of 90-110 kmph and not beyond that.
Bridgestone had really served me then.

The orange symbol is that of Reverse Parking Assistance on Scorpio it tells if any obstacles in cms behind the vehicle esp when parking or when gear is shifted to reverse.
This feature esp has been useful to me as there is limited space for parking.
And i park my vehicle roadside.
-----------Next Post-----------
excellent pics. You must have enjoyed driving in wet conditions. For me driving+rains is an exciting combination.
Thanks Akash.
Yeah buddy enjoyed a lot.
That too luggage on top with inside jampacked.
As i was driver i was a king with full seat.
Beautiful Place, It must have been a breeze to drive on that clean and empty stretch, Also thanks to the pleasant weather. Your Scorpio returned a fairly nice mileage but you could have achieved a little more on such plain roads.
350Z
Thanks Vibhor.
Yeah i enjoyed a lot. And the grip was superb in that rain.
That mileage i had achieved with AC on in that rain throughout the journey.
And you can see in some pics literally roads were not there at all . All pot holes.
But the speciality of these plain roads is you get lot of humps when you are cruising at 90-100kmph, Mileage reduces at that point.
Oh , hmmm then how does that work?? Does it shows some kind of signal or warning when we get close to another object while reversing??
The mirror itself displays the the obstacle distance when the gear is shifted to reverse in cms. When the obstacle is nearer it displays message to STOP with continuous beep.
Hope i have explained enough.[;)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Hi guys posting some more pics of falls.
Which i couldn't yesterday.

We had hired had guide there , He took us very near to the falls where the water gushes.
You can see 3 falls gushing They are called RAJA, ROARER, ROCKET.
And you can have different views. One from front and other from behind.

Attachments

Last edited:
The falls are looking cool but the names are funny!![lol]

The last two pictures are amazing looks similar to the ECR present here in Chennai connecting Pondicherry! And hey i have the same Ganesha Idol which you have in your car![:)]

Top Bottom