Trip to JOG FALLS (Karnataka)

Thread Starter #17
Raja means King
Rani means Queen in Kannada
3RD pic Roarer as you can see gushes very fast .
The blue idol was given with car by dealer.

Oh thats cool , i din know it!!

Maybe i too will pay a visit here!!
Yes buddy do visit it some where in july.
As you can enjoy the natural beauty.

Last edited by a moderator:
good travelouge muckesh, i liked the pics alot. it is pleasant to see such cool cool pics in hot summers.lol. I have heard about shimoga earlier, where is this place located exactly? and where other places you hae taken your scorp?

Thread Starter #19
good travelouge muckesh, i liked the pics alot. it is pleasant to see such cool cool pics in hot summers.lol. I have heard about shimoga earlier, where is this place located exactly? and where other places you hae taken your scorp?
Hi buddy its Mukesh not muckesh [surprise].
Dude you can check this in google maps.
Shimoga is the central part of karnataka.
The pics taken was in Jog Falls, which you have to pass through place called Sagar after Shimoga.

The places I visited till now:
During my first drive i did finish all the parts of South India Mangalore-Karkala-Udipi-Sringeri-Horanadu-Kudremukh-Murdeshwar.
My usual visit will be to Mysore-Mangalore.
Apart from this i have gone to Pune-Shirdi-Shani Singnapur-Nashik-Pandarpur.
You can check my travelogue "My recent trip to Shirdi".
Even i had been to OOTY.
This holidays i am planning for Goa, Kerala on my mHawk.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
Hawk & Zen during recent trip to Jog falls

Hey guys this time i did a trip to Jog falls.

But this time weather was foggy and i could click few pics.

It's an awsome experience amidst the nature.

Attachments

Thread Starter #21
Hello guys the trip was done on 4 July 11.
This time the visit to Jog was a foggy affair.
We were in Bhatkal, from their it took 80 kms to Jog.

But the weather was amazing with fog all over, the mist had formed a cloud like structure.
Which was hampering the visibility of falls.
Even hawks eyes were foggy, will have to get it rectified at the A.S.S [frustration]

The drive was amazing amidst rains.

Attachments

Hey Mukesh, Awesome pics and your update has come at a perfect time for me! Actually I am planning a trip to Jog in the near future and this will surely help me [thumbswink] How are the road conditions? Is it manageable?

Thread Starter #23
Hey Mukesh, Awesome pics and your update has come at a perfect time for me! Actually I am planning a trip to Jog in the near future and this will surely help me [thumbswink] How are the road conditions? Is it manageable?
Which car are you commuting?
I had gone to jog via Mangalore, so can't comment on road conditions via Sagar.
As i went to this place via Mangalore-Udupi-Kundapur-Bhatkal-Jog.
But while passing through Sagar you can visit Varadhalli Ashram, with famous Varadhalli Teertha.
The route to be followed via Bangalore has been mentioned in my 1st post of this thread.
You can even do Kemmanugundi, though nothing special there.
You can visit garden, Kallathigiri Falls & Hebbe falls.
Which are the must visit places.

Last edited:
Thnx for the info. Nothing is planned as of now. I might start the trip from Davangere as well. If I do, the route has to be via Sagar. Mode of travel would be Alto only.

Yet another travelogue by the TAI's very own explorer. Excellent pics Mukesh. I wont be surprised to see a Leh travelogue from your side in coming year:wink:.

Thread Starter #26
Thnx for the info. Nothing is planned as of now. I might start the trip from Davangere as well. If I do, the route has to be via Sagar. Mode of travel would be Alto only.
If you travel to jog via Davangere, better follow the route Hubli Bypass-Yellapur-Kirwati forest-Ankola and take the Jog route.

It is the best route, though there are few potholes you can easily avoid it.

You won't get Sagar if you follow the above said route.
But Jog Falls to Sagar is nearer and you can visit Varadhalli Ashram.

Hi Mukesh,
Iam planning am trip to Jog Falls in my new Honda Brio ... since I have never traveled above Bangalore ( I mean towards north or west [:D] ) , just wanted to know if jog falls is the only place to visit nearby ? Is it doable in a day or a overnight stay required ? How is the road conditions ?

Thread Starter #29
Hi Mukesh,
Iam planning am trip to Jog Falls in my new Honda Brio ... since I have never traveled above Bangalore ( I mean towards north or west [:D] ) , just wanted to know if jog falls is the only place to visit nearby ? Is it doable in a day or a overnight stay required ? How is the road conditions ?
Yes buddy , you can do Kemmanugundi(Roads are not good).

But i enjoyed a lot while driving.

I don't have recent idea on routes via Tumkur-Arsikere.

Its better to stay at Shimoga, breaking your trip on day one, as this route is single lane and takes lot of time and humps as well.

And there were no good facilities near Jog falls for staying, however lots of resort types are there, which i guess will be bit pricey.

As we had did the same via Kemmanugundi, we had to halt in Shimoga , near bus stand, rooms are good at Mathura Paradise.

That was my experience 3 years back, and the recent one i did was via Mangalore.

If you have atleast 3 days it would be better.

Refer post #26 for other route you can follow, though this route via Yellapur would be lengthier, the route is good.

First of all I am shocked to see this travelogue:-
Mukesh on travel and the destination is not a temple!!![surprise]

Leave it aside,great pics man.

EDIT:I found one temple visit in first set of pics.Haha,hence proved:Mukesh and Mandir have a very strong bond!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom