Travelogue Turned Into Nightmare: Skoda Horror Story

Re: A travelogue turned out into a nightmare

Sorry to hear this. Hope your vehicle get fixed sooner and no delays for you Leh trip.

going through the beautiful pictures who would have thought about the tragedy that would follow...............

Oh !! Very sad to hear this Ram Sir about my beloved Octy[cry]. Thank God you were close to SR who came for your rescue. How is Octy now, will it be able to take that long trip you were planning ??

It looks that you people had nice time at SRs residence and Suresh seems to be the program director !! nice pics and wish to meet you this weekend if you are in Bangalore

Nice to see Mr and Mrs.Ram with Smoothrider family[clap]

@Smoothrider: your house looks very good, especially I like the kuthu vilakku(Light lamp) on the stairs[:)]

Hope, the plan for North-east trip has came to the final shape.

appu the plan is not yet finished. was too much upset about ramji's tragedy and couldn't put time in the planning. one thing is for sure the trip is definitely on, with so much effort and money spent by ramji.

Hii very sad to hear the incident . Its quite frustrating situation when you become stranded .

^^I spoke to Ram sir and it was the problem of brand new timing belt got broken, which is surprise for me as it was changed 9000km back, but it seems either it will be a problem of product quality or a problem while fixing it and tension-er adjustments. Hope we will hear from A R Ram Sir directly when we meet him on 24th

Thread Starter #24

Day : 2

12th January 2014, being on a Sunday, couldn’t do any mechanical activity with the car as Bosch Service is closed. Morning after breakfast went round the resort, taking some pictures and spent sometime in the pool. It’s a well maintained resort by the river side with a good and relaxed ambience. Suresh had a function at his house, SR said he would come to the resort after lunch with his family, and asked us to be ready by 2 pm to go to Bekal Fort and beach.

After the lunch we too were ready by 2 pm. He came with his family and we all started at 2.30 pm in his Bolero. We paid a visit to Anandashram, and next went to Bekal Fort. The fort is maintained so well. We spent about two hours there and next went to the beach. It was a really a pleasant evening. Then we all came back to the resort and had the dinner together, and they left around 10 pm. Next day morning by 10 am I had to reach Bosch Service, so thought of getting up early and start by 8 am.

Day : 3

13th January 2014, we checked out and started at 8 am. After 2 kms, the car stopped completely. I took to the side, checked all fuses, relays and found everything in order, later found that the fuel supply is not reaching the pump. Bosch service is another 70 kms away and got confused how to take the vehicle there. I called up SR and he in turn arranged a flat bed truck to take the car to the workshop. After sending the car in the truck, we followed in his Vento. We reached Bosch Service, and immediately they checked the OBD, found some problem in timing issues. The plan was to return to Bangalore on the same day after rectifying the problems.

As per Skoda, timing belt set has to be replaced every 60000 kms. The first replacement I had done at 50000 kms and the second at 98500 kms at Skoda ASC a few months back. Now the ODO is showing 107500 kms.
They opened up the timing case, and got a shock to see the tensioner and the belt were broken. We had to see what the further damage to the engine is. They opened up one by one and finally the engine head. Oh hell! The valves were broken, one piston got damaged and to the worst, the engine head too got damaged.

I called up Skoda service and they asked me to bring the vehicle there which is 250 kms away and when I inquired it would cost more than Rs 25000/- for transportation. Just for 70 kms the truck fellow charged Rs 6000/-. They said they would try their best to repair the vehicle at their cost, because it is clear case of manufacturing defect that caused the tensioner to break within 9000 kms. But they were not assuring that the issue would be resolved, else I may lose even the transporting charges. So, I decided to get the work done at Bosch service itself. Since I maintain a good relationship with Skoda ASC, they promised all possible help beyond their limits. I was totally relaxed with their attitude.

The day went on like that. SR took us to Kannur and dropped us at a hotel which is nearly 10 kms away from the workshop. There is a hotel 500 mts away from the workshop but room wasn't available.

to be continued

Attachments

Thread Starter #26

Remaining pictures of the day

Attachments

Thread Starter #28

Next batch of pictures

Attachments

Thread Starter #29

all is well:

Really sad to hear the incident. Saw just now. Otherwise would have called up and checked it. :( Sorry to hear. Hope both are in good health.

:(
Ram ji what happened?hope both of you are ok.
Ram sir,

What happened to Octy?

Never expected such a sad news from You.

Hope Mrs and Mr.Ram is fine.

First make you free from all problems and let the things to settle.

It is not a right time to call You, otherwise would have called you. Will call You tomorrow.

Have a peaceful sleep. Good Night.
Hi Ram.

Sorry to hear about the breakdown. Hope everything is back to normal soon.

Where did this happen?
Sorry to hear this Ram Sir. What exactly happened. Hope you and your family are safe and secure.
By the pics I feel Ram ji got stranded somewhere in Kerala.
The story of Skoda breaking down is not new at all.
I hope everything will be alright at the earliest.
Hello Ram,

It is very unpleasant to see such thing.
Could you please share what has happened.
Just hope you and your family are alright. :-)
Sorry to hear this. Hope your vehicle get fixed sooner and no delays for you Leh trip.
going through the beautiful pictures who would have thought about the tragedy that would follow...............
Oh !! Very sad to hear this Ram Sir about my beloved Octy[cry]. Thank God you were close to SR who came for your rescue. How is Octy now, will it be able to take that long trip you were planning ??

It looks that you people had nice time at SRs residence and Suresh seems to be the program director !! nice pics and wish to meet you this weekend if you are in Bangalore
Hii very sad to hear the incident . Its quite frustrating situation when you become stranded .
What happened exactly, I am eager to hear rest of the story.
Thank you all for your concern and the story continues

Ram Sir

What to say[confused] One side the Octy's broken story and the other side is the beautiful resort, fort and beach pics a mixed trip it seems. Pics have come quite nice and SR really made your day with all the assistance and sight seeing other wise you would have felt bad all the time thinking about the car

Top Bottom