Travelogue Of Delhi To Shimla

Thread Starter #16

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hmm

no i still have santro , i10 and verna [:)]
if you talk about anything related to cars please talk here :P
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../7281-new-hyundai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt.html

Guys after looking at your travelogues it looks like now I too will have to start clicking and collecting pics too.

@Allhyundaicars:
Fantastic travelogue it is.There are some destinations that I frequently visit which include:-
Shimla,Badrinath,Gangotri,Manali,Jwala ji etc etc and what I feel is that the hilly roads are still quite driveable.At least there you have to think only of your car while here we have to think of other vehicles too which can dent us even if we take even a slight cut.

And yes,the last speedo click is too contrary to your signature.Still I'd say such speeds are more than dangerous for the cars like i10 etc etc.So take care of your car,these cars are for driving,not for pushing(Although I too once crossed 165 in a Kappa2)..

My next Jwala Ji trip is about to come and this time I'll too click a lot of pics..
i specially took notes and pics to post in the community. not this one but another. but watching others i decided to share my experience as well.

aah i have neved been to badrinath , jwalaji :( will go there as well someday[:D]
and seriously vipul it was the first time i drove and was so scared initally but all went well. was so happy.

lol yes haha good catch[clap]

i just wanted to see how much it can reach. i reached 155 on my way to amritsar and took full 1-2 minutes to get from 130-155. i don't know how much will i take my verna too. but will be cautious. no need to go at these much of speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #17

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
things that i want to mention here [:D]

* like i mentioned , you have to be patient enough to get your food. in every restrant service was poor :P

* when coming back from kufri , i dropped my mom and sis at the lift which takes the people to the mall and me and my dad came to the hotel to park the car.

on my way back to the hotel , i took the car at 90kmph, was a straight road. and my dad said " beta , thri car ki speed kam krle , expert nahi bana tu abhi" [lol]

Last edited by a moderator:
shimla is like 2nd home to me , but never face such issue of slow service infact shimla is know for its tourism ,which restarrent you went i think guffa u mention wright one near church thats infact himachal tourism restaurant there many good restaurants on mall like baljees , alfa and yes indain coffee house are few of them when you visited the restaurant was it crowded at the time .and the best part of mall road is that its free of vehcile and pollution [clap]

Thread Starter #20

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Delhi to Shimla !

the terrible on goin construction on NH-1

6 laning in progress..

due to this it took us 9 and a half hours to reach delhi because of the traffic.. :(

[frustration] but its ok..in future the we'll have a good highway and will cover more distance in less time [;)]
i didn't even know this thread existed. This is so old.
i came back from shimla this Christmas and I am laughing reading that it took me only 6 hours and 30 minutes before and that I was thinking in future we will have better highways [lol]

it took me 11:30 hours to reach shimla this time and highway till panipat is in bad condition. Will upload trip pics in a few days.

Top Bottom