Kolkata Trams: A Journey Through The Heart & Soul Of The City Of Joy

Amazing. It is as if you filled in for what I missed on my last and only visit to Kolkata four years ago. All it ended being was, reach in the morning .travel in the evening. I was impressed by the clean maintenance in the areas I saw except Bus stand and Railway station areas. I had plans to visit some of those small hotels for food, it did not happen unfortunately.

Thread Starter #32
A very interesting composition Samba, as Chandranath says. Before going further, I wanted to ask you if you are the same Samba that I knew on another forum, who had written a wonderful travelogue on his trip to Sandakphu on the 4WD Duster. If you are the same Samba, let me say its great to meet you here! Have you made any further trips after Sandakphu?
Regards,
Shashanka

Yes he is the same SAMBA

A very interesting composition Samba, as Chandranath says. Before going further, I wanted to ask you if you are the same Samba that I knew on another forum, who had written a wonderful travelogue on his trip to Sandakphu on the 4WD Duster. If you are the same Samba, let me say its great to meet you here! Have you made any further trips after Sandakphu?
Regards,
Shashanka

Yes he is the same SAMBA

Thank you Chandranath. I guess Mr. Samba is too busy to acknowledge receipt of the communication.
Regards,
Shashanka

Thread Starter #34
A mouth-watering conclusion to a very interesting day! Like you said, the prices are amazingly cheap and the quality fabulous. This is unique about Kolkata street food. No other city has street food at comparable prices and offering the same great quality.
Regards,
Shashanka

Regards,
Shashanka

Great capture of the new tram, Chandranath. I hope that CTC is able to refurbish the other remaining tram cars in the same way. It would make for a worthy tourist attraction.
The photo of the parrot was taken during happier times!
Regards,
Shashanka
The Govt is creating some sort of Tram museum but it's taking a lot of time.

Thread Starter #35
The Kolkata tram museum is something which is getting planned but it's more than 2 years. Meanwhile my school friend Siddharta Ghosh had strolled in to check on it. Here is a picture of the yet to be completed project taken by him. The trams include trams which had arrived from various countries including US and Australia
FB_IMG_1666062791108.jpg

Top Bottom