Traffic Rules Offending !!

What should we do for those who dont follow the rules?

• Appoint Road Safety Volunteers

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Heavy Fines

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Cancellation of License

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Put in Jail!

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Hat's off to you. Not too many people are like us.
My parents, grandparents and driver, all are forced to wear their seat belt. If they do not adhere, they've had it from me.
I am heartened by your friend's mishaps too.
BTW,What are safety 'latches'?

I don't think so. Damage once done can't be compensated for. As, you said, mobs will disappear into thin air (after wreaking havoc).
It was a mistake, "Safety latches" It was laches,a typo from my side,sorry for that. It means slackness or negligence,or not doing.

Jalex its a good thing which you did and he must realize that you said it for his own personal safety!

Regarding my incident , my car has the lightest of tints - Transparency 70% minimum.

In Bangalore, I see many taxis, cars, HMVs and bikes stopping at signals on the zebra-crossing! Here, whenever the pedestrian light goes green, one has to jog as the light goes red in barely 30 seconds! With these vehicles on the ZC, it makes it very difficult to cross the road. In Mysore and Chennai, I always used to cross road at ZCs, but now, I'm forced to cross even at the middle of the road due to all this. 30 seconds after waiting for 5 minutes to cross a road, imagine!
Note: This is what I observed in my area. Dunno if it is the same elsewhere.

350Z

Core Team
Some recent clicks of law breakers in our country. Indeed, I feel sorry for them.

DSC01862.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Such scenario is prevalent everywhere in India. I hate people doing this and i never ever do this! If i notice opposite vehicle coming like this i never give way for them and make them return back to their lane even if its a flagged car , thanks to my Safari![evil]

BTW just noticed , Accent taxi's in Delhi?

We have accent taxis in Bangalore(very, very few) and Mumbai too.
Karnataka Government vehicles parked on the footpath in front of a bar on Old airport road, y'day late evening, not far front Kempfort.[frustration]

06082010464.jpg

I voted for heavy fines.

But the problem is there are quite a few people who have the money to just pay up and go. So fines coupled with cancellation of licenses is what I think should be implemented.

Saw this happen on ORR (at New Horizon College junction), Bangalore, last month: this guy talking on the phone and driving a Santro. There's a cop at the junction and the nerve of this guy, the cop tries to stop him and this chap just keeps on driving, finally hitting the cops hand [shock] and stilll keeps on going. And this cop did seem to be in quite some pain.

What do i do next? I try to follow that guy, but he rips and enters Ecozone Tech Park. So I note down the number of the car and inform the cop at the next signal: Bellandur.

What do we do to such guys? beat him up and then put him behind bars? :mad:

Forget about people not being considerate to other people on the road, but I think this is heights. I mean, how can this guy just keep on driving even after he's hit the cop's hand. Shows absolute disrespect & disregard to what is happening around him.

I voted for heavy fines.

What do we do to such guys? beat him up and then put him behind bars? :mad:

Forget about people not being considerate to other people on the road, but I think this is heights. I mean, how can this guy just keep on driving even after he's hit the cop's hand. Shows absolute disrespect & disregard to what is happening around him.
At a junction near Lavelle road, a young cop, seemed to be a fresh recruit, a short and slim youth not more than 20-22 years old perhaps, stopped a Skoda Laura when it jumped the signal. The Laura guy tried to scare the cop by moving at him, but he stay put, and forced the car to the corner. When he was moving to the Skoda's side in order to get the guy to put his window and take him to task, the Skoda guy accelerates suddenly, his OVRM nearly banging into the young man, and sped 50m away, and stopped. The passenger put down his window and pointed his middle finger at him., and then, the Skoda drove away. Dad and me were aghast.

At a junction near Lavelle road, a young cop, seemed to be a fresh recruit, a short and slim youth not more than 20-22 years old perhaps, stopped a Skoda Laura when it jumped the signal. The Laura guy tried to scare the cop by moving at him, but he stay put, and forced the car to the corner. When he was moving to the Skoda's side in order to get the guy to put his window and take him to task, the Skoda guy accelerates suddenly, his OVRM nearly banging into the young man, and sped 50m away, and stopped. The passenger put down his window and pointed his middle finger at him., and then, the Skoda drove away. Dad and me were aghast.
One fine day , he will get that finger cut!!

Though i feel cops are beggars , one must give respect to human.

If you have not made a mistake make a argument , make him clear that the mistake is not yours .

Arkin thats a pretty bad incident. Why din the cop note down the number of that Laura?

+1 to Ilango's statement , i will never pay a fine if the mistake is not mine!

Really pissed off

Today I was driving back from work and at the signal after New Horizon School (on 100ft road, Indiranagar around 8PM) I wanted to take a right turn. So I had my indicators to the right and since I was the 1st person at the signal, I had switched off the car and was waiting for the signal to turn green keeping the indicators on.

Now the funny thing is there was a white i10 behind me constantly honking and I was wondering where I could possibly move. The signal turns green but it points only straight and since I couldn't take the turn I waited listening to the incessant honking from the i10. [rules]

This driver reverses a little, comes besides my car and I notice its a lady driver. She abuses me and continues to drive straight and all I could do was to stick my middle finger out at her. :mad:

I wonder what kind of road sense these people have. Can't they just think for a second that if they want to go straight or turn left they need to be on the left side of the road and not on the right side especially if the car in front has put the indicators and waiting to turn right.

Top Bottom