Traffic Rules Offending !!

What should we do for those who dont follow the rules?

• Appoint Road Safety Volunteers

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Heavy Fines

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Cancellation of License

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Put in Jail!

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
In our everyday life we see lot of people who dont obey traffic rules or disciplines!

What should we do for those who dont follow the rules? [evil]

What do you all think about this? Even we are part of this sometimes!

What can help India to be No.1 place in Road Safety ?

Heavy fine is one option, but in my view if somebody gets caught, first teach him the rules and its advantages and put him as volunteer to teach others at-least for 1 day.

Corruption has to be stopped first, because of corrupted people the nonsense gets license, I say put in jail to both - corrupted as well as those who violate traffic rules, else take a fine! :biggrin:
but on practical side, if this happens more jails will have to be opened as the current jails will be full!! :biggrin:

Heavy fine is the best option. And there should be a written statements of these penalties. If these penalties are repeated or in excess, the license should be cancelled for a period of time.

Thread Starter #5
Wow!

Great see lot of spirit in you guys!

So how many of you really obey traffic rules, Be frank, I will not put any one in Jail [lol]

Frankly dont follow all the rules but try my best to follow. For eg. I always use seatbelt when in car even when my driver drives. One of the rules which i often break is the wrong side overtaking(i know its wrong), and that too when the truck drivers dont let me overtake in city.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks Akash for speaking frankly.

So what do think about breaking the rules ? What makes do you that ? for Fun ? or ?

Because of of the stupidity of the driver in front of you? or You always want to go fast or you dont want to obey traffic rules ?

I want to have a healthy discussion in this thread to make India NO.1 in road safety!

Heavy fine seems the only practical solution here. The fines levied should be recorded in a database and repeated offenders should have their licenses withdrawn for a specific time period.

+1 to what akash said. and what i'll not always follow is the seat belt. i never use it in city running. and another thing is the city speed limit which is very difficult to maintain. and these aren't done for fun. but indian road conditio0ns compell you to do it. you can just imagine driving in the city(empty road) at 30kmph and there's some "sports car" behind you honking to move faster. you can just move to the side and give him way. but this is the time when your "self turbo" kicks in and you put your pedal to metal.

Thread Starter #10
i'll not always follow is the seat belt. i never use it in city running.
But please make it as a practise to wear your seat belts from now on!

you can just imagine driving in the city(empty road) at 30kmph and there's some "sports car" behind you honking to move faster. you can just move to the side and give him way. but this is the time when your "self turbo" kicks in and you put your pedal to metal.
Okay. So if a Ferrari or Lambo tries Honks you from behind why does the adrenaline rush in your car? If you are in the speed limit zone, there is nothing wrong to maintain the speed limit. You have all rights to stick to your lane!

May be he is senseless driver, But why should we do it ?

All can say its impractical & call this funny, But think seriously, we are not only endagering our lifes, everyone else too!

well luckily, before i completed my schoolings, we had this traffic rules and instruction day, twice a year which led me to drive my bike with helmet always on, seatbelts too, when all these rules were not implicated in my city.Was fined once for parking in a no parking zone and once for not carrying updated pollution certificate.Left side overtaking is something we all do and would not change in sooner time i believe cause even when honking or flashing for sides, ahead vehicle would not give you way and you end up overtaking them from left.
As for implementing of rules, there should be basic lessons from schools itself, or take a day to these govt.traffic parks where they learn and know them, do heavy fines, make people pay fines and visit courts, spend all day in courts just to pay those fines and sign few forms, which would eventually make them feel its better to follow basic rules then spending whole day.
I do see many people still talking on cellphones while driving and nothing is being done to stop that.Hope we could see a better implimentation towards traffic and driving rules & regulations.
Now when i said all above things the basic needs tobe changed from pillars, corruption, things have changed a bit where i do see traffic cops not accepting bride and asking people to pay to government, it should be more like this across nation and see the difference.
Sorry for a bit long post adam.

Thread Starter #12
Dont tell Sorry Vijay!

I agree to your views.

These can only be brought up from schooling where the younger India lives.

Yes. As you said, Traffic Police have changed a lot now. But still the fine should be heavy.

They just get Rs.50 for riding without helmets. Which is a meagure amount now a days.

Make the fine as Rs500. Lets see how many times will the people pay it!

And regarding Cell Phone Driving, this is the worst part!

We should really fine them heavily say Rs.1500 or 1 day in Jail.

This will help maintain traffic rules properly.

Seems everybody likes to be fined heavy for traffic offenders, but this will just increase the corruption. In India, there is no tranparent system for fines. There is need for alternative solution, in my view fine will not help to reduce this mess.

Thread Starter #14
Even i dont beleive in Heavy Fines!

Only cancellation of Liscense will serve the purpose here.

Cancellation of liecense is the best way. Heavy fine will lead to corruption and that really true. Also some spoilt brats would just pay off the fines and continue driving in their wierdest ways

Top Bottom