Trading Maruti Ritz For Ignis: Need Help

Thread Starter #16
Thanks everyone for valuable input.

I have decided to keep Ritz as suggested by majority of You.

I shall change the tyres.Which brand will be the best? Shall I upgrade the size?

Do I need balancing and wheel alignment during the change?

Where shall I do these jobs ? At Maruti service station or at well equipped tyre shop?

Thank You.

Thanks everyone for valuable input.

I have decided to keep Ritz as suggested by majority of You.

I shall change the tyres.Which brand will be the best? Shall I upgrade the size?

Do I need balancing and wheel alignment during the change?

Where shall I do these jobs ? At Maruti service station or at well equipped tyre shop?

Thank You.
Tyres usually last for about 40,000 km / 6-8 years. Wash the tyres clean and inspect for cracks / damages on the outside TyreWalls. Most probably you wouldn't find anything serious.

THEN, take it to a Local Wheel Alignment / Balancing center. Talk to them about WA/WB. THEN, ask them about the condition of Tyres (they may also be selling tyres). Once they start giving advice, LET “the knowledge YOU gained in your own inspection come out”. They will mostly give a fairly good advise, like “tyres are good for another 10-15,000 km” etc. Reduce 2,500 km from that figure. You will be able to decide, “to buy or not to buy”.

If not buying, ask them to do “Wheel Rotation (bringing the Spare tyre into equation)”, WB & WA”. Might cost around 500-750 bucks.

If you decide to buy new, don't waste time on these activities and go home. Check what the experts in TAI have to say about tyre upsizing. Get tyres in that size. WA & WB are to be done with new set of tyres. Gd luck

We were also in the same boat.We are thinking to replace our Ritz VXI,which is used by my grandfather since 2010 Dec and it has run 65000 Kms with an Automatic and after months of dilly dying,he has decided to trade his Ritz for Swift AMT today and he got a quote of Rs.2.15L from dealer and the dealer said he will try his best to get the good quote for our Ritz.

Top Bottom