Trading Maruti Ritz For Ignis: Need Help

Thread Starter #1
I have a Ritz VXI Petrol 2013 model.It has run only 8600 kms. It is in brand new condition.
Very recently I drove Ignis and liked the car. But in second hand market Ritz has no demand (which is natural as the production stopped in 2016).
Maruti is offering me 2 .30 lac along with this month’s offer making it 2.80 lac.
I am confused regarding keeping or selling the car.

Re: Totally confused

The Ritz has not even breached the 10K Km mark - Given that the power plants in both vehicles (Ritz, Igniz) are the same, it does not make monetary sense to make a change.

However, if your running is expected to increase, and you are looking for a change in any way, I would suggest that you splurge and get a few goodies for the Ritz - could be a Touchscreen music system, new tyres, alloys etc. The Ritz was once called a practical Swift due to the seating comfort, ease of ingress etc.

The Ignis though modern, would disappoint you with the space inside versus the Ritz. Additionally, both your options are quirky choices - in their own special ways, hence makes sense to continue with the Ritz.

I have a Ritz VXI Petrol 2013 model.It has run only 8600 kms. It is in brand new condition.
Very recently I drove Ignis and liked the car. But in second hand market Ritz has no demand (which is natural as the production stopped in 2016).
Maruti is offering me 2 .30 lac along with this month’s offer making it 2.80 lac.
I think that's a decent price.

5years and just 8600 kms. Thats a very less usage. If this is what's the usage you gonna put in your next car. Then I think again it's gonna be a big loss. So better to keep this car and do the required modifications to make it feel better.

And if you need a change, then could really consider a good pre-owned Honda City car for a much bigger better safer luxurious car. Since your usage is less, no need to worry much about the fuel efficiency or the service cost either.

Since your running is very low please hold the car for some more time. Car is a depreciating asset so longer you hold prices go down but the most part of happens in first 3 years.

I think for 5yr old Ritz 2.8 is good price even if used very less, year factor cannot be ignored. Other aspect is people can tanker with the speedo but not with the age of the car so that becomes a primary factor. Instead of Ignis which is the same segment, same engine car you should go for a bigger car and use it properly to justify the amount invested. Otherwise using ola, uber is a lot cheaper.

I will help you thro' a simple "Question-Answer" Session.
Q1. Is the Car in VERY GOOD Condition ? If Yes, "KEEP IT". Get the Ignis, otherwise.
Q2. Does the Car "Serve your Purpose" ? If Yes, "KEEP IT". Get the Ignis, otherwise.
Q3. Does the Car depend on you (Is maintaining the car a headache) ? If NO, "KEEP IT". If maintenance cost is HIGH, get the Ignis.
Q4. Are you tired of Ritz ? If YES, get the Ignis.
Q5. Do you want to own the Ignis, come what may ? If YES, get the Ignis.
Q6. Does your family want to own the Ignis, come what may ? If YES, get the Ignis.

See, Problem solved [;)]

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
One more from my side.
Will you regret selling such a well built car which is in mint condition and with so little on the odometer just to buy a more ugly car from Maruti with the same engine and with poorer built quality ,well then don't buy ignis [;)]

If you feel offended by my comments well don't be. I had a Ritz vxi too, which I sold last year.[cry]

Last edited:
Ignis petrol is a good car with better fuel efficiency, the top model has lot of goodies and all safety features.
The only negatives are stiff suspensions and bit jerky AMT if you are looking out for an automatic. But the jerky nature is not so bothersome.

The build quality is much better than Baleno.

If you want safety features then trade in your ritz, else keep the ritz for more 2-3 years. From monetary point of view keeping the ritz makes more sense.

As most members have suggested, keep the Ritz for a couple of more years, as it is your running is very low, but do get your tyres changed as the rubber would have hardened, get the battery checked, it would be at it's fag end of life, add a taco meter spurse up the interiors and enjoy your ride.

HI Rakesh,
In the last 5 years you have used RITZ only for 8600 kms, have you forgot to add 1 zero or is your running so low(approx 150 kms per month)
Do you have other car too in your garage?

Very recently I drove Ignis and liked the car.
Your post says that you have liked the Ignis after a TD.
my personal opinion would be to sell your Ritz, which is out of production,5 years old and wont have any resale value left after few months/years,
and buy the IGNIS.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I too agree with @SilverEyez. It will be difficult to find buyers for those car models has been stopped by the company.

If you want to sell the car then better do it now as Rs.2.30L seems good bargain, otherwise keep it, since you said the car is in good condition.

No offence meant but you are planning to replace one of the ugliest cars with another of the ugliest cars. Like Abhishek has said below, go for something else like the Figo, Polo or Baleno.
Instead of Ignis which is the same segment, same engine car you should go for a bigger car and use it properly to justify the amount invested.

Keep it changing the same does not make monetary sense,change the tyres first as recommended above, it's actually a practical car,I have the same car but with ABS it has run one lakh kms no problems other than routine maintenance,run the car more on highways with good tyres you will appreciate it more,best of luck

Top Bottom