Toyota Yaris Launched in India [Discontinued]

Re: Toyota To Launch Vios in India By 2015

2017 Toyota Yaris has been revealed in Europe, also called as Toyota Vitz in Japan. This JDM Spec vehicle is India bound and speculated to be launched in 2018 and length is greater than 4-metres. I hope this vehicle will be more appealing to the prospective B+ segment buyers over the existing Liva and I wish this car bring good success to Toyota India.

Source: https://gaadiwaadi.com/toyota-yaris-india-launch-price-features-212011/

2017 Toyota Yaris has been revealed in Europe, also called as Toyota Vitz in Japan. This JDM Spec vehicle is India bound and speculated to be launched in 2018 and length is greater than 4-metres. I hope this vehicle will be more appealing to the prospective B+ segment buyers over the existing Liva and I wish this car bring good success to Toyota India.

Source: https://gaadiwaadi.com/toyota-yaris-india-launch-price-features-212011/
A small correction guys, this Euro-Spec version of the Yaris is not 4115mm in length as listed in the above website. When I googled up, I found that the length of the EU Yaris is 3950mm which makes it a viable option for Toyota to launch it in India.

Euro-Spec Toyota Yaris Dimensions

Attachments

Does anyone has any insider information about when Toyota Yaris gets launched in India ? It's a well anticipated car from Toyota. And I sure that it will sell in good numbers over Liva/Etios sibilings. But Toyota shouldn't make it late.

Toyota Yaris Ativ Spied in India

Toyota has started testing the Toyota Yaris Ativ (Toyota Vios) in India, spy shots posted by Team-BHP forum member Anashku have revealed. The company will likely bring this model to rival the Honda City, Maruti Ciaz, and Hyundai Verna.

Toyota-Yaris-Ativ-Toyota-Vios-front-three-quarters-spy-shot-India.jpg
Toyota-Yaris-Ativ-Toyota-Vios-rear-three-quarters-spy-shot-India.jpg

The Toyota Yaris Ativ arrived back in August last year. It is also sold as Toyota Vios in some markets, and our market is expected to receive the sedan with the Vios badge as well. The Toyota Yaris Ativ is not as premium as the actual Toyota Vios, but its features and specifications for the Indian market may differ.

The Toyota Yaris Ativ is 4,425 mm long, 1,730, wide and 1,475 mm tall. It has a 2,550 mm wheelbase and a 133 mm ground clearance. In Thailand, its debut market, it is powered by a 1.2-litre Dual VVT-i petrol engine (86 PS/108 Nm). However, the engines employed in the car vary across different markets. In India, Toyota could offer a 1.5-litre Dual VVT-i petrol engine that develops 105 bhp and 140 Nm of torque. A diesel engine option could also be on the cards.

Projector headlamps with LED light guides, LED daytime running lights, 16-inch alloy wheels, tail lamps with LED light guide, shark fin antenna, keyless entry, engine start/stop button, dual-tone interior colour scheme, automatic climate control, touchscreen infotainment system, rear armrest and rear AC vent(s) are some of the expected features of the Indian-spec Toyota Vios.

The Toyota Vios will compete with the Maruti Ciaz, Honda City and Hyundai Verna in India. Its market launch should take place in the second half of the year. Before that, Toyota is expected to showcase the car at Auto Expo 2018 next month.

Source:IAB

More spy pictures of the Vios sedan from Rushlane.

Highlights: Exteriors also boast of projector headlamps, integrated LED lights, new T shaped front grille and new LED fog lamps. At the rear are seen new body graphics, LED lights and a chrome boot lid bar along with fluid fog lamps. The new Vios facelift sits on 15” or 16” alloy wheels and gets a reverse camera depending on variant.

https://www.rushlane.com/new-toyota-vios-facelift-india-debut-12125732.html

I have been hearing about the launch of the Yaris from many years that it would be unveiled by the end of the year. But I don't know how far is this news true or is it just a speculation ? Any credible information regarding the launch of Yaris?

https://motoroctane.com/news/96702-toyota-yaris-2018-india

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Toyota Yaris Ativ Spied in India

More spy pictures of the Vios sedan from Rushlane.

Highlights: Exteriors also boast of projector headlamps, integrated LED lights, new T shaped front grille and new LED fog lamps. At the rear are seen new body graphics, LED lights and a chrome boot lid bar along with fluid fog lamps. The new Vios facelift sits on 15” or 16” alloy wheels and gets a reverse camera depending on variant.

https://www.rushlane.com/new-toyota-vios-facelift-india-debut-12125732.html
The car in picture looks like a Yaris Altiv, and not the Vios. Though, both look quite similar, I think the DRLs are a differentiating factor. The Yaris Altiv has horizontal DRLs , where as the Vios as them Vertically aligned.
I may be wrong, but this is purely based on my observations to find the difference between the two.

Last edited:

The Toyota Vios will debut in India at Auto Expo 2018 next month. Weeks ahead of the local debut, the car was spied completely undisguised in the country, courtesy GaadiWaadi.

Toyota-Vios-Toyota-Yaris-Sedan-interior-spy-shot-India.jpg

The Toyota Vios that Toyota will launch in India was originally introduced in Thailand as the Toyota Yaris Ativ last year. The sedan measures 4,425 mm in length, 1,730 mm in width and 1,475 mm in height. It has a 2,550 mm wheelbase and a 133 mm ground clearance. Toyota may offer a higher ground clearance in the Indian-spec version. The company offers 1.2-, 1.3- and 1.5-litre petrol engines in ASEAN markets.

Toyota-Vios-Toyota-Yaris-Sedan-exterior-spy-shot-India.jpg

In India, the Toyota Vios will likely arrive with the 1.5-litre Dual VVT-i petrol engine that produces 105 bhp and 140 Nm of torque. Toyota will likely offer the sedan with a 5-speed manual transmission in basic configurations and a continuously variable transmission in the high-end configurations. The company is yet to finalise a diesel engine option. It could offer the 1.4-litre D-4D diesel engine that develops 88 PS and 205 Nm of torque in the Toyota Corolla Altis.

Projector headlamps with LED light guides, LED DRLs, 16-inch alloy wheels, tail lamps with LED guide, shark fin antenna, keyless entry, engine start/stop button, automatic climate control, rear armrest and rear AC vents are among the expected main features of the Toyota Vios. The interior spy shot above shows the car equipped with a dual-tone (beige-black) interior, a CVT and a touchscreen infotainment system.

The Toyota Vios will compete with the likes of Maruti Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and Honda City in India. Its market launch will take place in April this year.

Projector headlamps with LED light guides, LED DRLs, 16-inch alloy wheels, tail lamps with LED guide, shark fin antenna, keyless entry, engine start/stop button, automatic climate control, rear armrest and rear AC vents are among the expected main features of the Toyota Vios. The interior spy shot above shows the car equipped with a dual-tone (beige-black) interior, a CVT and a touchscreen infotainment system.

The Toyota Vios will compete with the likes of Maruti Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and Honda City in India. Its market launch will take place in April this year.

Well with these features and a Toyota emblem at the front, we can expect an ex-showroom price of...ahem... at atleast 11.5 lakhs [frustration]. Add CVT into equation and you can expect 13 lakh for the top end petrol.Need to wait and see which variant is placed below 10 lakh mark, which I sincerely hope is the mid-variant and not the base.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Well with these features and a Toyota emblem at the front, we can expect an ex-showroom price of...ahem... at atleast 11.5 lakhs. Add CVT into equation and you can expect 13 lakh for the top end petrol.Need to wait and see which variant is placed below 10 lakh mark, which I sincerely hope is the mid-variant and not the base.
Since Toyota plans to take on the likes of Verna, CITY etc, I feel, the base model price of this car should be around 8 L Ex-Showroom since the City starts at 8.58 Lacs Ex Showroom, Delhi and rightly as you said, the top end model price should be around 13 L as City is 13.8 Lacs Ex Showroom and Verna is also around 12.9 Lacs Ex Showroom. However, knowing that Toyota often revises it's prices so would be interesting to see what would actually be the introductory price and for how long will they maintain it.

Regards

Akash

Toyota Yaris sedan to make India debut at Auto Expo 2018

1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20180122031053_Toyota-Yaris-Ativ-1.jpg
1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20180122031053_Toyota-Yaris-Ativ-interi.jpg
1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20180122031053_Toyota-Yaris-Ativ-2.jpg

Toyota has been lying low, off late. Come Auto Expo 2018 it will have a new product of immense mass interest. The model in the spotlight is the Yaris sedan that will debut at the motor show, with a launch planned for the latter part of 2018. A natural rival to the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, the Yaris will be a more premium offering than Toyota’s own Etios sedan.

The Yaris sedan is already available abroad in many Asian markets, though we have learnt the Indian model will be closest to the Singapore-spec car, sold with the ‘Vios’ moniker in that market. Going by specifications of the international model, the Yaris’ 4,425mm length and 2,550mm wheelbase will make it shorter than its key rivals in both measurements – if only marginally so. The Yaris’ design is fairly conventional with a well-defined three-box silhouette. However, Toyota has made an effort to jazz up the look with some adventurous styling details, especially at the front. The Yaris’ swept-back headlamps will link the car to the larger Corolla, itself; more stylized in its latest avatar than ever before. Meanwhile the bonnet ‘V’ that flows down to bisect the grille will be a defining styling element. A large air dam on the bumper and well-defined fog lamp enclosures are other details likely to be retained for the India car. Styling elsewhere is relatively restrained; with a pronounced shoulder line and wide tail-lamps being some of the other notable highlights.

The Yaris cabin will not break the mould in any way but photos do point to a well-thought-out space. The dashboard is neatly styled and comes with its touchscreen positioned high up, which would aid usability. A chunky steering wheel, chrome-ringed dials and silver accents through the interior are other items of note on the inside. While the cabin treatment and colours for the India car are not yet known, you can expect Toyota to opt for a premium-looking dual-tone colour theme. Interestingly, Toyota claims best-in-class cabin width in markets abroad. This could give the Yaris a small but crucial advantage in India too.

Toyota will launch the Yaris in India with a 107hp and 1.5-litre petrol engine. There will be no diesel engine, at least to begin with, as Toyota does not have a small capacity diesel engine that can meet BS-VI norms that come into effect in 2020. What is a possibility, however, is a hybrid version of the 1.5-litre petrol that could join the line-up in the future. Toyota is big in hybrids and would like to leverage its experience in the area for maximizing efficiency and minimizing emissions. The Yaris sedan will be offered with a five-speed manual as standard and there will also be the option of a 7-step CVT. The Yaris will be conventional sin its suspension setup with front MacPherson struts and a rear torsion beam arrangement.

Toyota has much ground to cover in the mid-size sedan space in India and is likely to price the Yaris competitively to give it firm footing amidst well entrenched rivals. Expect prices to range from Rs 8.5-11 lakh (estimated, ex-showroom). A reasonable price tag and Toyota’s golden reputation for service and reliability could just make the Yaris a rather sensible option for mid-size sedan buyers.

Source:ACI

Since Toyota plans to take on the likes of Verna, CITY etc, I feel, the base model price of this car should be around 8 L Ex-Showroom since the City starts at 8.58 Lacs Ex Showroom, Delhi and rightly as you said, the top end model price should be around 13 L as City is 13.8 Lacs Ex Showroom and Verna is also around 12.9 Lacs Ex Showroom. However, knowing that Toyota often revises it's prices so would be interesting to see what would actually be the introductory price and for how long will they maintain it.

Regards

Akash
Quite honestly Akash, the majority of the sales come from V MT for City. If Toyota is wee bit interested in numbers, then I feel they should not only price the mid variant below 10 lakh, they should provide equipments similar to V variant City. If not, I do not see any reason why one would buy this over City, as it is equally reliable.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Quite honestly Akash, the majority of the sales come from V MT for City. If Toyota is wee bit interested in numbers, then I feel they should not only price the mid variant below 10 lakh, they should provide equipments similar to V variant City. If not, I do not see any reason why one would buy this over City, as it is equally reliable.
That's the case pretty much with most of the car brands catering in various segments in our market. The top or the mid models are often giving maximum sales. As far as the equipment list goes, I am sure Toyota won't be disappointing us. The segment they are planning to compete does require a well loaded & well priced product so they'll accordingly work on this.

Regards

Akash

re: Toyota To Launch Vios in India,Now Launched!

Any information regarding the launch of Yaris hatchback ? Toyota always takes the Indian market very lightly. They are very lethargic in launching new models.

re: Toyota To Launch Vios in India,Now Launched!

Finally Toyota India mending their ways. The Etios was a collosal mistake when they always had the Vios in their armada for international markets. Finally it is great to see this car here. Hoping it is priced competitively.

Top Bottom