Toyota Yaris CVT J: Ownership Review

Hi Guys

Here are couple of more images of the car ..

View attachment 245750
View attachment 245751

The Car is doing its job silently.. with some added music!
Got the front speakers updated to Mercury Components and added a subwoofer at the back, along with damping in all the doors.

With Kids around, need to get the faux leather seat covers done asap.. need to check AutoForm etc.. and check if they have provision to install seat covers on a car with Airbags.

Rest, So Far So Good!

Cheers!
Have you put the seat covers.
Showroom people were telling that seat cover will hamper the functioning of air bag hence not advisable

Any of you put seat cover for Yaris... if so give details

Have you put the seat covers.
Showroom people were telling that seat cover will hamper the functioning of air bag hence not advisable

Any of you put seat cover for Yaris... if so give details
I too don't think putting on addll seat covers in any 6+ AirBag equipped vehicle would be a wise idea since it would negatively influence the SRS functionality.

Toyota is offering genuine seat covers compatible with air bags now. Priced 7200/-. Beige color. Does not look as good as factory fit ones found on top variant. Also it has opening for side airbags. fortunately the color of fabric seat and seat cover are matching and one cannot make out this open part in a glance. Also seat covers does not offer a snug fit like what we have seen with Autoform or any other aftermarket seat covers. The back side was hanging and dealer made some stitches to keep it in place. It is not a VFM accessory, but recommended considering the type and color of fabric used in seats.
232237-d8711a4af4d426441f962f40f66e34c5.jpg

232239-65b8682920691937c2a1e751e0cd3e3f.jpg

Hi All,

I Have purchased New YARIS J CVT GREY colr in Hyderabad.
Can you add me whats up group +91 9910900209
i got 60K cash disocunt + 10K acceries as the deal .
just intial stage of running car ..few hunderd km.. milege is 8.9KMPL in city bumper bumper.

pls add me

REGARDS
VIJAY SRISHTI

Hi Sourabh

The ground clearance of Yaris is at par with Honda City, if not slightly more when fully laden. I've not really found any major issues, infact have not scrapped any of the speed breakers yet. May be slightly shorter wheelbase helps in some way.
My parking has a ramp, and the car doesn't really scrap that has well.

The only issue could be the approach angle, as the Yaris has some flaps at the bottom of the front bumper, my guess is to assist in aerodynamics... and these flaps might brush with high speed breakers or ramps if you are not cautious about the approach angle. Not a major issue at all. Have really started enjoying the smallish turning radius of the car, makes life easy in the City.

Also, got hold of an OEM dashkit for Yaris.. and was able to upgrade the dashboard player to Blaupunkt Osaka 760 (Link) .
It supports Apple Car Play and Android Auto.. and kind of completes the car.

On FE front, getting an Avg. FE of 11 KMPL in 100% city driving with AC ON all the time..

Cheers!
Hi, I will get Yaris Jcvt delivery next week. Did you get Blaupunkt unit from the showroom? they are quoting 40k for Blaupunkt unit with rear camera to me and getting any other aftermarket unit would cause warranty issues, so i am in a fix if i should go for this pricey unit. (Although getting 50k worth accessories but i want to use it for fog lamps, leather upholstery, side protective moulding etc)

I see lots of Yaris owners active on this thread. I'd like to hear from J and G variant owners, on braking performance compared to higher variants with all wheel disc brakes. I have test driven top variants, but there are no option to test drive lower variants with rear drum brakes.
I loved the sharp brakes of top variants which works even with minimum effort. I'd like to know if drum brakes variants are similar to that or there is some play before brakes work?

Top Bottom