Toyota Rush: The New Compact SUV Confirmed From Toyota

Re: Toyota Rush - The New Compact SUV Confirmed From Toyota

Looks nice.

I think it is going to be Rushing in to the market as soon as possible (Launching of the Toyota Rush in the indian market).

bhvm

Honoured Member

Looks like a mix Of Fortuner, Premier RIO and ssangyong RX7.
If sold at right price and having good features (toyota is known for lack of features) it will sell like hot cakes!

I'm not sure whether Toyota will launch this in India anytime soon[thinking] From what I heard, Rush is sold with petrol engines in other markets, and for it to sell in India, it needs a diesel engine, but the engine bay is not designed to house a diesel engine.

However Toyota might develop the next gen Rush keeping in mind the requirement to fit a diesel mill for the Indian market since a facelift is due for the current gen Rush.

Last edited:

Looks like some Force SUV to me...looks simple design and many cuts are copied from Fortuner too...

Looks like a mix Of Fortuner, Premier RIO and ssangyong RX7.
If sold at right price and having good features (toyota is known for lack of features) it will sell like hot cakes!
But what makes us doubt is the "MH " temp plates.If Toyota Bharat is testing this vehicle it might be with a "KA" temp plates.Some rumour going around is that,this test mule is by PREMIER which tests DAIHATSU Rush, means the probability of launching a badge engineered product by Premier.

Re: The compact SUV from Toyota confirmed for India :- Toyota Rush aka Daihatsu Rush

Doesn't it look like Permier Rio ?
The first though that crossed my mind after looking at pictures was - "It is looking like Premier Rio".

But the 13L price would be too expensive for Toyota, especially considering Maruti and Hyundai will be ready with their products in this segment in next year

The moment i saw the first pic of the thread, It was premier Rio that crossed my mind glad that im in sync with others[;)]. having said that, for the diesel version they might choose the etios Engine, which would efficiently do the job. i Seriously feel that if IX25 from hyundai is in the same segment as this vehicle with this looks, The Koreans will surely win Over Japan. Wonder what TATA has in store for this Segment. As they were the first to bring in the SUV Culture here.

Last edited:

Toyota is not looking to bring the Rush to India.
The subject car being spied is supposed to be on test by Tata's for benchmarking its upcoming CUV -Nexon to the performance of Rush!

can any one know the truth behind this test car who is testing it i feel that TATA is testing this car

Last edited:

can any one know the truth behind this test car who is testing it i feel that TATA is testing this car
Your observation on registration numbers is spot on.

As posted by vm2011 and Hari Gangadharan, this Toyota Rush is on test by Tata Motors as one of the bench mark vehicles for their new compact SUV.

Toyota Rush is used to bench mark for its ride quality, space (a spacious car in a compact shell), fit and finish.
They may be using some other vehicles too as Toyota Rush is criticized for is not so good handling.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

Toyota Kirloskar Motors has become rather serious on plans to introduce a sub-10 Lac SUV for the Indian Market. At the launch of new Camry yesterday, the officials had hinted on this.

In the compact SUV, 'Rush' is being looked at very seriously though work needs to be done to tune the car for Indian conditions and ensure that it has a diesel heart, considering its popularity with the buyers.
link

Regards

Akash

Any news on Toyota Rush being launched in India? I know that Indonesia recently got the 1.5L petrol Rush launched.

In Malaysia, I have personally seen Rush & its quite impressive 5-seater there.

Top Bottom