Toyota Recalling 40,000 Etios and Etios Liva Models

Friends, i disagree with your perception. I feel Etios is reliable, spacious, comfortable ,smart and VFM car.
I find each part of this car is designed for trouble free long term performance. Toyota's effort in informing the customer and replacing a suspective part ( however microscopic may the chance of its failure) is commendable.
My experience with the dealer , their service & response has been very satisfying.Toyota is connected online with all its dealers and monitors every complaint and seems to be taking neccessary steps to enhance the product and customer experience.
My initial worry about low milage is also a thing of past. I am now getting 14-16kmpl in city driving.

^^^

Please see the cost cutting in the Etios buddy & please tell us how that is justified in a car which is more expensive than all the other cars in that segment.

Company is making use to its image to sell cheap cars calling Q class. Anyway how can they found this problem now and not while testing?

Company is making use to its image to sell cheap cars calling Q class. Anyway how can they found this problem now and not while testing?
i fully agree :agree: well maybe they got to know only after many owners have reported it.

:agree: I guess the problem might not only be reported by many customers but also may have been reported by their own service center guys.

Whatever cost cutting Toyota has done in the Q class, it would not have affected the eyes and hands and brain of the Service centre guys. They might still be looking at each of the vehicle as meticulously as possible at every service. It is highly possible that they have noticed the issue in more than one car and reported to the QA department. Such complaints from many service station could initiate a root cause analysis and therefore a recall for all vehicles manufactured before certain date.

Give it a deep thought and you would think these guys do care about what they have made! So, I think the recall deserves appreciation.

As is said, it is better late than never.

Guys,

Just got the Hose pipe replacement activity done on my Etios.

Booked an appointment with Uttam Toyota Noida and got the 11:30 slot. Dropped the car at 11:00 at the service station. While the job card and all were being done I initiated the discussion with the service adviser regarding the part being replaced.

Actually two pipes are being replaced. The one with bigger diameter is the one that is right at the fuel inlet point connected to the fuel tank. The other one is connected to the engine block somewhere.

As per the SA and the mech. (yes, I went inside the bay area and interacted with mechs. too) one of the service centers observed a crack in these pipes in a couple of cars. So, they reported it to Toyota. On further research Toyota accepted the possibility of these parts developing a flaw, and hence the replacement.

The whole process took 4hrs approx. [frustration] as it was a mad rush at Uttam of numerous Innovas, Fortuners and Etioses and Livas. Got a complementary wash too which I must admit was top class.

The SA was courteous enough throughout.

For benefit of fellow TIAns and especially Etios owners, attaching the pic of the parts replaced. [cheers]

2011-12-31 11.58.36.jpg

freakdude.

Thread Starter #22

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for a thorough update, freakdude. Good that at least they act professional enough and treat all the customers alike (Both, Pre and After sales) and I have seen this. I think this is one of the biggest positive sides of Toyota. The time taken for the job is acceptable considering the ocean of cars they would be receiving now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom