Toyota Launches Updated Etios & Liva (Details: Pg.2)

Thread Starter #1
Toyota India is gearing up to launch the updated 2014 Etios early next month, tentative launch date is October 15, in a bid to capitalize on the coming festive season. A few new features and little cosmetic changes would be highlights of the new car, though mechanically the entry-level sedan would remain same.

Besides having new front bumper and grille, the new Etios is presumed to come loaded with features like electric ORVMs, new steering wheel, touch screen infotainment system (only on range-topping variants) and new seat upholstery to make the cabin feel more upmarket. The car might also get a set of new alloy wheels and a bit of tweaking at the rear as well.

Toyota recently updated the Etios in Brazil tooI(image below) and expect similar changes to the updated Indian model
New-Toyota-Etios-India-Steering-Wheel.jpg

Scoop - Toyota To Launch Updated Etios In October

Re: Toyota To Launch Updated Etios in October 2014

If they are going to maintain the same dashboard design, things won't change I guess.
What Etios needs is a completely revamped interiors and quality as per Toyota standards. Just cosmetic changes won't work!

If they are going to maintain the same dashboard design, things won't change I guess.
What Etios needs is a completely revamped interiors and quality as per Toyota standards. Just cosmetic changes won't work!
I don't think that will happen until next gen is out. Next gen will arrive in 2016, so in that car Toyota will address shortcomings of current Etios.

If they come up with such a bland etios (so called upgrade model) I dont think they can make any kind of an impact.

However you never know what we indians are thinking. Probably this car can become run away hit ;)

Etios is a practical entry level sedan. The bland interior and evident cost cutting has resulted in a negative image. The peppy diesel engine and low end torque makes it a breeze to drive in city. The planted drive at high speed is great to enjoy with good braking effect.
I think if Toyota can improve the interior quality and provide additional features it could be a better seller

I don't know what the people at market survey are doing at Toyota. All that they need is just shift that speedo where it belongs and also the centre AC vents on either sides of the centre console instead stacking them one above the other. The Etios can sell better than what it does today. What they need is ditch that design and go with the contemporary design. Once in a while, going against the tide is good but with this design they have lost the plot completely and even after so many years of its launch I don't see any change coming for the good! May be the Rental services have managed to keep up the bar chart of Etios sales a bit up but if they want to target the personal user then I think it is better to first correct the interior designing. Also, please get adjustable neck restraints (just because they look good!).

Also, please get adjustable neck restraints (just because they look good!).
If you are mentioning about adjustable neck restraints in the front seat, they were introduced in 2013 upgrade along with seat height adjustment and few other features.

If you are mentioning about adjustable neck restraints in the front seat, they were introduced in 2013 upgrade along with seat height adjustment and few other features.
Yes, I meant that. Sorry, did not know about it, my mistake!

I've a black etios and I've given mine full wooden treatment. I've equipped and upgraded it 15" steel alloys with wide Yokohama tires.

TBH Etios is all about owning a practical car with good design, cheap parts and Toyota customer service. Unlike Hyundai and Maruti, their engineers sit down with you and listen to your complaints. My only gripe with Etios is I get mileage of 8-9 kmpl in city.

Attachments

Last edited:

Are those TRD kit and chrome inserts the facelift?[lol]
BTW that steering wheel looked very good. Rest I guess Etios will find the buyers if they improve the interior quality and make it feel a bit premium.

Thread Starter #13

Etios facelift spotted, launching on 15th Oct , to get new bumper grill and Driver airbag will standard on all variants.
BzlGdNgCQAATQot.jpg

Source:GW

Etios facelift spotted, launching on 15th Oct , to get new bumper grill and Driver airbag will standard on all variants.
View attachment 148826

That grill does not look good at all. I still prefer this one and it should be made standard on all Etios variants.

Attachments

Thread Starter #15

Here is the facelift Etios,
etios_front.jpg
etios_interior.jpg
etios_rear.jpg

Top Bottom