Toyota Launches Updated Etios & Liva (Details: Pg.2)

Re: Toyota To Launch Updated Etios in October 2014

I am an Etios owner and satisfied with the car. But this upgrade is a JOKE similar to the decals that Maruti comes out for their facelifts!

I am an Etios owner and satisfied with the car. But this upgrade is a JOKE similar to the decals that Maruti comes out for their facelifts!
Yep, I too own an Etios and current one looks far better from outside. Burn that grill with fire!

They should have just made the full chrome grill standard.

Some how I feel the grey-black interiors in my Etios is far better looking than the beige interiors. If the plastics used are of better quality then the light color will look good. But in Etios the cheapness of the interiors are more highlighted in beige color. This is my personal opinion.

You are 100% correct. I too love the dark coloured interiors of Etios circa 2011-2013. I think it will be quite difficult to maintain these matte cream interiors.

Thread Starter #20
Last edited:

A perfect all round design for the fleet market [lol]. Cabbies would surely love it!!! C'mon Toyota, get matured in designs.
Cabbies love it because it is a reliable car. I have seen Etios with 4 lakh on odo that was running just like a new one. Have you seen a Hyundai ever touching 2 lakh?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Why isn't Toyota understanding that by adding chrome the basic flaw in their car i.e interiors will not be rectified. No amount of face-lift or makeover will work until the interior are reworked for Etios twins. Period!

In case they are only banking upon the commercial customer base i.e Radio cabs et al then its a different thing. But Etios models will not sell until it is made normal from within. The car is abnormally designed in interiors.[frustration]

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Cabbies love it because it is a reliable car. I have seen Etios with 4 lakh on odo that was running just like a new one. Have you seen a Hyundai ever touching 2 lakh?
True that Hyundais cannot run for so long. But on Toyotas those Kms are run by cabbies in just a few years!!! But dunno with its poor and ugly looking plain vanilla designs how are non-cabbies purchasing these vehicles? Anyways white boards cannot run these for 2 lakh kms as they easily take more than 10 years (on usual usage of 390 kms per week) and really really get bored of these designs? Looks wise and interior wise they are not so great cars.

True that Hyundais cannot run for so long. But on Toyotas those Kms are run by cabbies in just a few years!!! But dunno with its poor and ugly looking plain vanilla designs how are non-cabbies purchasing these vehicles? Anyways white boards cannot run these for 2 lakh kms as they easily take more than 10 years (on usual usage of 390 kms per week) and really really get bored of these designs? Looks wise and interior wise they are not so great cars.
1) I don't want to justify my purchase but I wanted a car that would not be costly to maintain. Till now I have not paid more than ₹3500 on a service. My car is almost three years old.

2) The body is thicker than i10 grand. It is not thick but definitely feels more solid than i10 Grande.

3) Unlike Hyundai which still has not accepted the fact that Verna has pathetic shockers, Toyota listened to us and gave us comfy shockers for free.

4) My car never breaks down like plethora of Hyundai cars including Vernas during rainy season.

5) There is loads of practical space. From outside it is not a very good looking car but it is not an eye sore. It is a proper sedan unlike sub four meter hatchbacks - I am looking at my neighbour's weird looking dzire which is like a woman with no as*.

is changing that dashboard layout is too complicated process. I think that alone will make this car more desirable.
Changing the dashboard will me extensive re-engineering of the car and increases costs which Toyota might be hesitant due to the cars being a dud on the market. Completely re-engineered car is speculated for 2016 and till then we might have to live with minor facelifts which improve on the complaints from the current customers without drastically changing things.

350Z

Core Team

Toyota Etios Facelift Price (Ex.showroom, Delhi):

> Petrol: Rs.5,74,081 - Rs.7,06,567

> Diesel: Rs.6,84,081 - Rs.8,16,567

Toyota Etios Liva Facelift Price (Ex.showroom, Delhi):

> Petrol: Rs.4,76,142 - Rs. 6,57,105

> Diesel: Rs.5,94,642 - Rs. 6,95,460

Toyota Etios Facelift Features:

> Chrome Door Handles

> Rear Parking Sensors

> New Front Grille Design

> New Alloy Wheels Design

> Standard Dual Front Airbags

> Rear Speakers (Mid Variant)

> Electrically Adjustable ORVMs

> Steering Mounted Audio Controls

> Faux Wood Finish on Door Armrest

> Bigger LCD Screen in Instrument Cluster

> Dual DIN Audio (Bluetooth, Aux-in Compatible)

> Audible Reminder For Driver Seatbelt, Doors and Headlamps

Note: V variants have been discontinued. Now G variant with special pack is badged as V / VD. Top-end V variant with special pack is named as VX and VXD.

Mr. N Raja, Senior Vice President & Director (Sales & Marketing), Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. said, “We launched Etios in 2010 and since then have been constantly enhancing the product with upgrades, limited editions and variants. The Etios line up over the years has grown and catered to customers with varied demands. The All New Etios with its premium look is designed to provide a true sedan experience. Most of us spend long hours commuting every day. A car seems to be our second home. The All New Etios Liva is aimed at offering the best of comfort and space of a home. We would like to thank our customers for their appreciation and hope to create more customer delight with these latest introductions in the lineup. The new models have been launched to provide product excitement during the festive season.
Toyota-Etios-Facelift-2014.jpg

Toyota-Etios-Liva-Facelift-2014.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Toyota Etios Facelift Price (Ex.showroom, Delhi)
Toyota Etios Facelift Features
Vibhor the pricing and features in the refresh version is good but sad part is that they are still maintaining the same old dashboard design with speedometer in middle. I am looking forward to catching on one soon and then shall post my initial impressions here.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom